This Week is the 50th Anniversary of the Agnes Flood

Mike in Horseheads

8 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Fantastic pictures. But all I can really focus on is Jack's Grill. I think that looks like a great spot. Still open?

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah.  Stick the Square Reader in bag of rice and hope for the best... Mostly trashed and never work again!

Funny story, store manger at the grocery store I worked at in the late 70's was trailing a shoplifter and approached  him near the checkout. Dude pulls out a stick of gum and somebody says "he's got a knife" when they saw the foil. Larry planted the guys face in the keyboard of a register. They never fixed that one

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/22/2022 at 11:55 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

LMAO but your right! Now days all that stuff is trash

The UB Bookstore junked all their NCR behemoths in 1978. Those things weighed at least 200 pounds and were indestructible.

For Agnes - I was in high school in Rochester and it rained for like three straight days. Every hand patrolled the streets to keep the sewers cleared

1 hour ago, Bob Lamb said:

The UB Bookstore junked all their NCR behemoths in 1978. Those things weighed at least 200 pounds and were indestructible.

For Agnes - I was in high school in Rochester and it rained for like three straight days. Every hand patrolled the streets to keep the sewers cleared

Lambo!  How the hell are ya?

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.