Most Dominant NFL Player Ever

hondo in seattle

3 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

He needs to learn that the key to winning 7 superbowls is playing mediocre in the playoffs and motivating your defense.

Brady is the guy that has your daughter home by 12.

Allen is the guy that tells you I will bring her back when I feel like it, and has her sneaking out of the house. Then when you decide to go on vacation, does dirty things in your bed. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Talent wise, I’m not convince Brady is better than Allen. Brady has had some very complete teams in his tenure. He is a great QB for sure, but I would not give him the GOAT title. 

When Allen throws the ball, your eyes pop off the screen. I never got that feeling watching Brady throw the ball. Brady was a surgeon, very good at his craft, but he never made you go wow, nobody can do that. 

I think even deep down, Brady knows that. Which is why he holds a lot of respect towards Josh, you can see that in the way he teases him. 

How many great WRs and RBs did Brady play with in NE over nearly 2 decades?  Bills are a pretty complete team, no?  

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

How many great WRs and RBs did Brady play with in NE over nearly 2 decades?  Bills are a pretty complete team, no?  

Brady definitely made WRs serviceable, but his style of QBing wasn’t anything spectacular. BB schemed in such a way that turned Brady’s surgical style of play into a game of keep a way with a competent defense. The Bills are a complete team, and coaching ruined a super bowl that was snatched away from Allen. 

When I think of a football player who was utterly dominant in his prime, like "look at this guy, no one can stop him," one of the first names I think of is Lawrence Taylor.

The guy was a defensive wrecking machine who on some nights couldn't be controlled.  

I never saw him, but from what my dad always mentioned, Jim Brown would be another.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Brady definitely made WRs serviceable, but his style of QBing wasn’t anything spectacular. BB schemed in such a way that turned Brady’s surgical style of play into a game of keep a way with a competent defense. The Bills are a complete team, and coaching ruined a super bowl that was snatched away from Allen. 

lol...ok

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Talent wise, I’m not convince Brady is better than Allen. Brady has had some very complete teams in his tenure. He is a great QB for sure, but I would not give him the GOAT title. 

When Allen throws the ball, your eyes pop off the screen. I never got that feeling watching Brady throw the ball. Brady was a surgeon, very good at his craft, but he never made you go wow, nobody can do that. 

I think even deep down, Brady knows that. Which is why he holds a lot of respect towards Josh, you can see that in the way he teases him. 

It was Brady's accuracy almost every freaking throw forever that made me shake my head so many times. He was just ridiculously on target for any type of throw. Led his backs perfectly timed in the flat, deep balls, out throws, blitzed etc...He was like the Greg Maddux (MLB) of quarterbacks. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

It was Brady's accuracy almost every freaking throw forever that made me shake my head so many times. He was just ridiculously on target for any type of throw. Led his backs perfectly timed in the flat, deep balls, out throws, blitzed etc...He was like the Greg Maddux (MLB) of quarterbacks. 

Yep, it’s why I call him the surgeon. He was precise and deadly with what average talent he possessed in the traditional sense. If Brady had Allen’s profile, we are likely talking about GOAT and never again beaten records. 

Brady truly was the Gregg Maddux of the NFL. What a fantastic comparison pony boy. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I would add OJ's 1973 season. 2,003 yards rushing in just 14 games is a record that will never be broken. 

You got me on the stats but with Brady I am going off just winning games. He was the driving force behind the Pats dynasty.

Cheating was the driving force and the Director of Spying and Cheating retired (supposedly, though since salaries of consultants and staff do not need to be reported not necessarily true.  Billi-cheat never told a truth when he could tell a falsehood).

• Thank you (+1) 1

I saw OJ play.  He was definitely the best RB at the time, but he wasn't head over shoulders better than a few others.  Jim Brown was before my time, but from what I understand, he was like a man amongst boys.  Just dominant.  Statistically at least, there was a receiver before the proliferation of the forward pass who far exceeded the output of any others.  I think it was Don Hudson of GB, but again, that was before my time.

I'll add Walter Payton was IMO the best player of his era.  He might not have exceeded others excessively statistically speaking, but he was great at everything - running, catching, blocking, punting.  Anything.

Edited by eSJayDee
I thought of something further

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Brady has had to compete agaisnt far better athletes all over the field, not just other QBs.  Yet he has dominated for many years, still well ahead of the field (in QB terms) at age 44 a year ago.

Ruth faced a bunch of ham and Eggers most of the time. He looks like he was taking BP in those old films.  A far superior athlete in Barry Bonds had to subsequently  get jacked on steroids to hit more HRs than Ruth because he was regularly facing far better starters and closers (didn't really exist in Ruth's day) than existed in Ruth's day. Ruth doesn't get 30 HR facing pitchers of Bonds's heyday.  Curt Schilling, Pedro, Glavine, Maddux, Smoltz (on one team!), Clemens......Randy Johnson would have destroyed Ruth.  

Comparing any athlete from nearly 100 years ago to more modern athletes is, frankly a worthless meaningless activity.  Any pro athlete , in almost any sport from the  1920s would get destroyed by current athletes and it wouldn't even be close.  Randy Johnson would have destroyed Ruth, I bet Sandy Koufax in his prime would have as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I consider Allen to be the Randy Johnson of the NFL and Brady is the Gregg Maddux. Johnson would just brutally overpower you, but Maddux was the surgeon. 

Good comparable analogy in relation to the post.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.