Music City Throw Forward

unbillievable

59 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Yup. I think the name of that play is "Home Job Throwforward"

I’ve always preferred The Music City Debacle.
16 seconds. 13 seconds. Wide Right. Suspect face mask on Bruce, sustaining Cinci’s GW drive. Suspect Hold on Dawkins at Houston. The Drop. 
We’ve definitely had more than our fair share of misery.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

Putting aside the bad call, the Bills should have never been in that position.  The game was in hand with 16 secondsleft. Why would you kick it short and allow them to return it? HUGE coaching error.

Everyone knows you kick it away so they have to drive all the way down field! 

🙃

Dean, shh!

You don’t want to make the 13 second crowd mad by showing that bad things can happen whether you kick it short or in the end zone. 🤣😜

15 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Some of you are unrelenting sadists. 

Or masochists.  Why, just why?  I’d rather watch the video of Josh’s 5 minutes of highlights, than a disgusting play that started 17 years of torture.  We were the laughing stock of the league forever.

For me,  I have such great pride in what McBeane since 2017.  I can’t wait for the next decade.

13 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Refs did us a favor.  Bills would have lost SB #5. 

I disagree.  We had the best defense in the NFL, and Flutie was entertaining enough.   We may have been able to keep up with the Rams in that SB.  It’s not guarantee either way, ifs and buts, candy and nuts, yada, yada.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, The Dean said:

Putting aside the bad call, the Bills should have never been in that position.  The game was in hand with 16 secondsleft. Why would you kick it short and allow them to return it? HUGE coaching error.

Everyone knows you kick it away so they have to drive all the way down field! 

🙃

I don't agree at all with pooching it up like they did, but I don't think booting it out the end zone was really an option at the time.   Christie was on the decline at that point and very few of his kickoffs made it the end zone that season.   The ball was likely getting returned no matter what they did...   

I was there... will never get it out of my head.  In our parts, we refer to it as "The Music City Mistake"

As far as any decisions they made that day regarding the pooch kick, let's keep in mind there was 16 seconds on the clock, and clearly the Bills have found ways to lose games with much less time on the clock than that.

Edited by Homey D. Clown
more info

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.