Happy Father’s Day

ChevyVanMiller

Happy Father's Day to all you mothers.

Just now, Limeaid said:

On Mother's Day I called my aunt who is my godmother.

Will no good to call my uncle who is my godfather for he is having memory issues.

You never know. Years into Alzheimer's my mother recognized the voice of one of her grandchildren when she called. Very odd. Might as well give it a shot. Not much effort and nothing really to lose. IMO anyway.

These words are from Mike Florio at PFT and struck me as being appropriate for this day. 

Yes, today is a day meant for all fathers to be appreciated. It also should be a day when all fathers recommit to their obligations and responsibilities. To realize that everything we say and do creates an example that could be emulated by anyone who witnesses it. To take a little bit of pride in who we are while also resolving to constantly strive to become better versions of ourselves.”

Like McDermott asks players to commit to being the best versions of themselves, we should strive to do so for our children.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My Dad died last month. So yesterday was my first Fathers' Day ever without him. I found it quite hard to get my head around that. 

However,  I found peace in the fact it was the 11th Fathers' Day with my son. We love to go to the cinema together so my gift was 2 cinema tickets. Plus some shower gel. Probably his way of telling me I smell 🙂

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

My Dad died last month. So yesterday was my first Fathers' Day ever without him. I found it quite hard to get my head around that. 

However,  I found peace in the fact it was the 11th Fathers' Day with my son. We love to go to the cinema together so my gift was 2 cinema tickets. Plus some shower gel. Probably his way of telling me I smell 🙂

My condolences on the loss of your Dad, but I'm happy that you and your son enjoyed the day together.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BritBill said:

My heartfelt condolences.  Good to see it was a good day.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/20/2022 at 8:22 AM, BritBill said:

I'm sad to hear of your loss and I'm very sorry for you and yours.  Glad to see you got to spend some quality time with your son!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.