Pro Football Network Top Interior Defensive Linemen

TC in St. Louis

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Ed Oliver was the only DT in the ENTIRE NFL that finished top 10 in both pass rush win rate AND run stop win rate. He’s top 10 minimum.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32176833/2021-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings%3Fplatform%3Damp

• Like (+1) 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, WMDman said:

absolutely not to both of those questions

The Bills DL will always be graded unfairly as long as we run that conservative D….

No Bills lineman has had a lot of stats since Leslie took over….

The LBs and Safeties make the tackles…

and the secondary makes the plays….

It is extremely difficult to evaluate Bills defenders. Especially the DL….

Sports writers understand our D less than I do so they just ignore it.

I am hoping the signing of Von Miller heralds the coming of a more aggressive defense.

We’d be morons to sign Miller than have him play that D where you push the OL into the QB

(instead of trying to get around the DL…) 

Also, Ed was doubled all too often last season yet held his own. He was doubled because he was our best DL….

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, gobills404 said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Ed Oliver was the only DT in the ENTIRE NFL that finished top 10 in both pass rush win rate AND run stop win rate. He’s top 10 minimum.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32176833/2021-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings%3Fplatform%3Damp

highest run stop rating edge

1- Cam Jordan 33%

5-Greg Rousseau 29%

9-Von Miller 28%

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Geez people. Keep your shirts on. There are 32 teams in the league. This ranking would list the Bills as having a couple of guys as the best on their own team. What’s the problem? I don’t think anyone sees the Bills strength as being the interior D Line….do you? 

2 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

In all seriousness - who are they?

LINK OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN I believe is the operative phrase here....

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-interior-defensive-linemen-rankings-for-the-top-32-heading-into-2022-led-again-by-the-goat/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Ranking+the+top+32+NFL+interior+defensive+linemen+📈&utm_campaign=NFL365+-+AdThrive+6%2F18%2F22

Somebody got his head out of his butt, and they re-ranked it.  Put Ed at #21, which dropped Harrison down to #32.  Swear to God.  It's been changed.  

Edited by TC in St. Louis

2 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

This has been edited since the OP. They had DaQuan Jones #32 and listed with the Titans. Now Harrison Phillips is #32, Jones is off the list and Ed Oliver mysteriously jumped onto the list at #12.

'Journalism' and 'analysis' at its finest 😄

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Geez people. Keep your shirts on. There are 32 teams in the league. This ranking would list the Bills as having a couple of guys as the best on their own team. What’s the problem? I don’t think anyone sees the Bills strength as being the interior D Line….do you? 

I do now yes. Settle and Jones signings remind me a ton of Hyde/Poyer. Not much media attention, even locally, and not the most talented guys in the world, but the missing pieces and great skill sets for what theyre going to be asked to do. Truely believe they round out our IDL as a top 4th of the league unit

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.