Buffalo food suggestions? (I know, I know...people have strong opinions)

Logic

1 hour ago, Augie said:

The one in Sarasota used to do that and I used them. Unfortunately, they give it to you in a plastic bag and the salt would melt away fairly quickly. Not sure if the bag or the product was faulty. I did it a few times, and it was super easy, but I now find I get a better product if I make it myself when needed. It’s very simple, to the point that I feel like I got out of cooking today for our crowd of 15. Publix sold me a boatload of Boar’s Head roast beef and some chips, wife got some sides from Whole Foods, and we have a meal! 

Charlie the Butcher’s website used to recommend a corn starch slurry I believe to get the salt and caraway seeds to adhere, but now I’m seeing an egg wash, so I’ll try that for the first time today. 

This Publix puts them in a box.. like donuts, so I guess you just have to ask for them like that. Our BBBB gets them there too for one of the tailgates. If at home though, yes, a light egg wash works the best.

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Ours used to as well. Still might. But they were pretty bad. Making my own from a decent kaiser roll proved much better.

I must have the best Publix in the world then lol. They are always fine.

2 hours ago, T&C said:

This Publix puts them in a box.. like donuts, so I guess you just have to ask for them like that. Our BBBB gets them there too for one of the tailgates. If at home though, yes, a light egg wash works the best.

I must have the best Publix in the world then lol. They are always fine.

I'm guessing special stuff like that depends a lot on the people doing the job. When I first moved to St Augustine, the Publix had the weck rolls already made. They wew decent enough.  But then the stopped and it became a special order. They weren't the same. 2-3 carroway seeds. Crappy salt, plastic wrapped etc.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Another Fan said:

For casual Italian dining Otto's in Cheektowaga was very good.  As was Sorrentino's in Williamsville.  Very sizable portions without messing up my stomach.

they have subs there though and the OP mentioned it 

Italian Village in Depew too!  Transit Road...

http://italianvillagewny.com

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/20/2022 at 4:35 AM, Another Fan said:

For casual Italian dining Otto's in Cheektowaga was very good.  As was Sorrentino's in Williamsville.  Very sizable portions without messing up my stomach.

they have subs there though and the OP mentioned it 

I concur on Otto's, nice place with good food.

I would also recommend Alton's restaurant in Cheektowaga. A very good place for breakfast.

16 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I've heard nothing but amazing reviews for them but something always comes up on my end when I try to order. Can't wait to try them. 

Part of the charm is the bar. Great neighborhood kind of place. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/18/2022 at 10:51 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

You know what looks amazing? Britesmith Brewing in Williamsville.

The brewer is very good technically, which is huge.  No flaws in any of the beers I’ve had there.  Nice place for a flight and some food. 

On 6/19/2022 at 12:55 PM, Draconator said:

Fantastic beer selection. Food items didn't thrill me after looking at the menu. 

I’ve eaten there several times.  I liked the food. 

On 6/18/2022 at 11:04 AM, Draconator said:

I find this thread helpful, as my band will be playing at the Glen Park Tavern on July 7th as part of Music On Main. I will now be setting up like 3 hours before we preform and grab a nice dinner!

A debut no less!  What kind of music?

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

80's first wave, 90's and today's dance rock. From Duran Duran and Tears For Fears to Portugal the Man and Bruno Mars. 

'Don't Be Cruel Polka'?

And before anyone gets their knickers in a knot, if you've gone to a wedding reception in a fire hall or VFW post, you've probably heard that. 😁

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'Don't Be Cruel Polka'?

And before anyone gets their knickers in a knot, if you've gone to a wedding reception in a fire hall or VFW post, you've probably heard that. 😁

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=1ptpL46HZts&list=RDAMVM1ptpL46HZts

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.