Kumerow cut, re-signed, according to Profootballtalk

The Dean

Gentry vs. Hodgins vs. Kumerow vs. Stevenson vs. Austin is going to be an epic battle. It’s got to be tough to be one of the guys below that group… I hope all that competition produces a superior player.

And that’s IF we decide to keep six WRs… I’m hoping it is a fast guy that makes it. Someone to take the top off the defense. I guess Stevenson or Austin. Although Hodgins is interesting as a always open big target.

I read today a quote from Knox. Saying how big and huge Howard is. He makes Knox feel small he said. I didn’t know Howard was that huge. I sure hope Howard is a great blocker…. Knox also said Howard is a worker. That’s good….

12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Right.  Reid Ferguson and Andre Roberts are the two that come to mind.  I don't remember them ever doing it in June though.  Strange.

Yeah, this is a bit different than that situation, though.  Ferguson and Roberts were cut when they had to get down to 53 because they had players they could put on IR and bring back later, as long as they were on the original 53.  So, they cut Ferguson and Roberts, got down to 53, then put the players on IR and then re-signed these players.  Because they were vets they didn't have to clear waivers and they had a gentleman's agreement to re-sign once the spots opened up.  As another poster mentioned this one probably has something to do with number of years and/or what percentage is signing bonus.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So did he agree to a paycut or was he already making the vet minimum?

It has not shown up on cap sites.

Players have done this before, taken a pay/restructure and usually Bills guarantee they will be on roster for a year but nothing guarantees it following year.

3 hours ago, FLFan said:

I got Victor Boldin.   Who’s the other?

i think Garrett McGhin was with us too. I don’t know why I’m looking so deep into this but it appears Jarron Jones was with us for a cup of tea as well 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

i think Garrett McGhin was with us too. I don’t know why I’m looking so deep into this but it appears Jarron Jones was with us for a cup of tea as well 

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

McGhin

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/4/24/21233783/injury-analysis-buffalo-bills-ol-garrett-mcghin-ankle-injured-reserve

1167032838.jpg.0.jpg

He managed to stick with Buffalo following the 2019 NFL Draft and made it through training camp before a right ankle injury ended his tenure with the Bills in a preseason game against the Carolina Panthers.

He suffered a right ankle injury as the result of a Panthers defensive player falling on the back of his leg. This required a cart off and an end to his night. Several days later, McGhin reached an injury settlement with the Bills that resulted in his release.

In November, McGhin was picked up by the Panthers and placed on the practice squad for several weeks before getting activated for the last quarter of the season. He appeared in two games before suffering yet another ankle injury against Washington in his first game.

He is injured against Panthers, given an injury settlement and then played for Panthers before another ankle injury.

He has potential but needs to find some way of avoiding ankle injuries whether be stretching, training or awareness.

On 6/17/2022 at 7:55 AM, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Did he go on waivers and all 31 other teams passed on him ?

vets dont need waivers. They become FA when cut. 

On 6/17/2022 at 7:59 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Kavontae Turpin is worth a look.

none are available unless USFL allows them out of their contracts.

They signed two year contracts.

XFL not doing this. Likely thinking they have heads up on players that way.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Must be annoying see other guys get billions and you get for pennies.

Folk don’t seem to realize that vet minimum is top 2% income in this country on an annual basis,  the guys not hurting in any fashion, especially when one considers that the median/average income in America is in the neighborhood of $50,000.00 a year…, 

Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.