Kumerow cut, re-signed, according to Profootballtalk

The Dean

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I mean, this doesn't HELP his chances to make the final 53, right?

ST play helps his chances. He's always been at the bottom of the roster, so this is no surprise, but I don't think it's an indication of any big change. He's always been on the verge of being cut and this year is no different.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It means nothing. Just a salary cap technicality thing. We've done it before with someone who ended up on the 53 though it escapes me as to whom.

Right.  Reid Ferguson and Andre Roberts are the two that come to mind.  I don't remember them ever doing it in June though.  Strange.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Right.  Reid Ferguson and Andre Roberts are the two that come to mind.  I don't remember them ever doing it in June though.  Strange.

Yes, thank you. 

I don't think it really matters when they do it. It's a procedural thing that is meaningless when it comes to their chances of making the team or not, as the post I was replying to was trying to allude.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I mean, this doesn't HELP his chances to make the final 53, right?

Totally disagree - if they cut and resigned him and he had dead cap money on his previous contract - the most likely reason is they know he is making the roster and wanted to adjust something.  

It just makes no sense as did not need the roster spot and his contract was tiny for an NFL player - not sure what the Bills would save.

He might have become one of the new camp cuts to get an injured player on the 53 to go to IR and then resign, but why set that up now?

We will see - it was done with a plan and we have 2 roster spots left - maybe they have gotten wind of some July 1st cuts that they want to go after.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m sure Beane has a plan for this revenue.  Most of the time on this board, people make wild speculations that are usually not true.  It’s not like with the resign, we all of a sudden freed up so much cap space we can extend Knox as an example.  

We’ll find out sometime this summer why he did it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.