CFL Football today 6/16

Wacka

Was channel surfing and I saw something that might satisfy  football junkies. 

Opener right now on ESPN2- Montreal Alouettes at Toronto Argonauts. 11-6 at the half.

Correction-Says it is week 2 of the season.

Edited by Wacka

• Wacka changed the title to CFL Football today 6/16
11 hours ago, benderbender said:

The massive gap at the line of scrimmage is perplexing. Like there’s an entire yard of space between the OL and DL. Seems QB sneaks would work all the time

Sort of a gimme on shortage football.  I guess with 3 downs instead of 4 they're saying a 3rd and 1 is the competitive equivalent of "close enough."

• Like (+1) 2

Duke Williams shows as being out for tonight's visit to Edmonton; ankle injury.  Might be a cover story, as a department manager at Canadian Tire Southland Mall (Regina, SK), he had to cover that kid who went to Scout camp. 

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

QB Chad Kelly getting some playing time right now on ESPN2.

Very rough first CFL series for Kelly.   Takes a bad checkdown for 2 yards,  misses a throw on second down,  and then gets blasted from behind for a sack to turn it over on downs and gets up and motions at the receiver like he was supposed to cut off his route.   I wish the kid luck but even if the overall talent on the field isn't nearly comparable to the NFL the CFL game is an adjustment for QB's coming from the US game.   He's going to have to show enough and be enough of a good teammate to stick around for a season or two so he has a chance to establish himself.   

On 6/16/2022 at 9:14 PM, Wacka said:

Was channel surfing and I saw something that might satisfy  football junkies. 

Opener right now on ESPN2- Montreal Alouettes at Toronto Argonauts. 11-6 at the half.

Correction-Says it is week 2 of the season.

I just want to call out/thank you for putting the date in the thread title.

Little irks me more than when people title thread like, "Josh Allen On GMFB Today," and don't put a date.

Gracias.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I found the USFL more entertaining then watching a great NFL team vs a poor one. The USFL QBs are about the same level as a low level backup but at least the defenses are the same level. 

Like Bills v. Jags?

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Like Bills v. Jags?

That was the first live Bills game I had seen in 16 years so bringing that up was inappropriate. But every football game is more entertaining then that one was, every player on both sides was terrible except the other Josh Allen 

12 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

That was the first live Bills game I had seen in 16 years so bringing that up was inappropriate. But every football game is more entertaining then that one was, every player on both sides was terrible except the other Josh Allen 

Dang!--and I KNEW that!

Sorry, bro.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/2/2022 at 9:46 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

July 1, 2022:

Edmonton 29

Hamilton   25

Hamilton now 0-4.  OK, now  you can circle the wagons.

Hamilton has blown a couple good leads already this season. Just blowing it.

In other news, former Bills RB/FB Tim Tindale "The Canadian Comet" is going into the Canadian Football HOF.

Kaiir Elam's uncle Matt Elam is still playing "safety" (defensive halfback?) in the CFL.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.