Josh Allen is Rob Johnson's doppelgänger

Einstein

On 6/20/2022 at 9:09 PM, Mr. WEO said:

I refuse to admit that a QB who couldn't win many games, could throw for many yards or TDs and couldn't evade a sack can be compared in a meaningful way to Kelly or Allen based on a "cherry picked stat" of completion % (of under 60% no less).  

If the best you can say about RJ is that in 2000, he was "nearly average" in completion %, so he was just like Jim Kelly before him and Josh Allen after him then have at it lol.  It's not a point worth making.  

He sucked, by all measures.

The highlights in the OP literally show that he didn't suck by all measures.   He could make some of the most difficult plays of any QB in the NFL at the time.   And he made those "Josh Allen plays" at a time when there weren't many protections for the quarterback or his receivers.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The highlights in the OP literally show that he didn't suck by all measures.   He could make some of the most difficult plays of any QB in the NFL at the time.   And he made those "Josh Allen plays" at a time when there weren't many protections for the quarterback or his receivers.

lol....stop.   

I will agree with your statement that he had 55 seconds of career highlights though...

LOL this thread did go 5 pages 😂 Alright fine I'll give you a Rob Johnson take:

He was a great practice player. He never developed the confidence when real NFL defensive pressure was applied to him. That's why he never worked out. Dude had ample opportunities handed to him, all the intangibles, and never locked it in. 

On 6/22/2022 at 7:45 AM, Mr. WEO said:

lol....stop.   

I will agree with your statement that he had 55 seconds of career highlights though...

And also.........yes Jason Peters is a HOF'er..........you are very wrong thinking otherwise.   Only question is whether he's first ballot or not.

On 6/22/2022 at 8:44 AM, extrahammer said:

LOL this thread did go 5 pages 😂 Alright fine I'll give you a Rob Johnson take:

He was a great practice player. He never developed the confidence when real NFL defensive pressure was applied to him. That's why he never worked out. Dude had ample opportunities handed to him, all the intangibles, and never locked it in. 

This makes me think of the top 200 in golf. They can all hit the ball. They are ALL incredible, but some are a bit more blessed with talent than others. That weeds out a lot, but I think for the final grouping it comes down to the space between their ears. 

Rob Johnson (who I admittedly liked at one time) was a SoCal pretty boy who wanted things easy. He was talented, but lacked “IT”. At least that’s how it felt.  Josh came from a hard working farm family with a humble attitude. He’s probably my favorite Bill ever very early in his career. Yes, recency bias, but damn!!! 

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As the victor I simply exercised my right to also charge the surrendering prisoner with a prior crime.  

let's see what Bruce Smith has to say about this first.

Meanwhile, enjoy a single swig of beer as you ogle RJ's under-a-minute fantasy reel....

6 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I think this is a curse and gives me a bad feeling.  Bad vibe 

It's always just the people owning, coaching and playing at that time that create the results.

Not a curse, not the league or the weather or the refs.......

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

let's see what Bruce Smith has to say about this first.

Meanwhile, enjoy a single swig of beer as you ogle RJ's under-a-minute fantasy reel....

13-1.gif?resize=550,309

Here's your ration for today.   It will get lighter each day until you admit Peters is a HOF'er.   

On 6/16/2022 at 6:10 PM, billzfan said:

Such an insult to JA. No comparison whatsoever!

Just to put Josh Allen's name in the same sentence as Johnson is a complete insult to Josh !! No comparison what so ever between the 2 !! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.