Practice starts: 11:45 AM
Gates open: 10:45 AM

Wednesday, August 10

Practice starts: 9:45 AM
Gates open: 8:45 AM

Thursday, August 11

Practice starts: 9:45 AM
Gates open: 8:45 AM

*Tickets are mobile only and are required to attend each practice.

**Ticket details for Return of the Blue and Red will be announced at a future date.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Maybe it's my age, maybe it's all the offseason events they have now, but the season seems to come around so much faster now than it did years ago. When I was a kid it seemed ages between the Super Bowl and training camps.

Can't believe we're five weeks away from it all ramping up again!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Maybe it's my age, maybe it's all the offseason events they have now, but the season seems to come around so much faster now than it did years ago. When I was a kid it seemed ages between the Super Bowl and training camps.

The older you get, the faster time seems to move along. I used to think it was a myth until I hit 35. Now I'm 45 and the train just keeps rolling along. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

This is the reason why.

The Draft is now a major event, and free agency didn't come around until the 90's.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

Happy it’s back in Rochester.

Disappointed that it’s so few practices.  

I remember when there were 20+ practices at Fredonia available to the public.

Yep, and you could attend both sessions in the day, without a ticket.

I remember getting the autographs of these players at Fredonia: Joe Feguson, Dann "the Man" Manucci, David Humm, Rod Kush, and Nick Mike-Mayer. Once I was walking to the practice area on the walkway by the dorms, and I saw two guys. I asked if they were Bills, and they said yes. One signed my autograph, and the other kept walking, lol. No one famous. They weren't huge either; really no one was back then, even Bruce Smith.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

This is the reason why.

The Draft is now a major event, and free agency didn't come around until the 90's.

Yeah, the Draft used to be on a Tuesday, and you didn't find out who got drafted until you got home from school and watched the 6 PM news (we didn't have cable in our house), unless you played hookie, which no one did for that. Kids have it too good nowadays.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Happy it’s back in Rochester.

Disappointed that it’s so few practices.  

I remember when there were 20+ practices at Fredonia available to the public.

Same.  It was cool going to see TC in Buffalo last year but I prefer it when it's in my hometown of Pittsford.  Get a nice visit with mom and the relatives and then TC.  We may take a drive to Buffalo anyway to get some wings.  

And that's the CBA for you.  They practice so little these days.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, chongli said:

I remember getting the autographs of these players at Fredonia: Joe Feguson, Dann "the Man" Manucci, David Humm, Rod Kush, and Nick Mike-Mayer. Once I was walking to the practice area on the walkway by the dorms, and I saw two guys. I asked if they were Bills, and they said yes. One signed my autograph, and the other kept walking, lol. No one famous. They weren't huge either; really no one was back then, even Bruce Smith.

When I was a kid, my dad took my little brother and I to a practice session in Fredonia.  My 5 year old brother was in a cast from a broken arm.  I remember OJ coming out of the locker room saying, "No autographis until after practice.  No autographis until after practice."  Then he saw my brother in the cast and said, "Except for this kid here."  He then signed my brother's cast.  Unfortunately, that signed memorabilia is now probably compost in a landfill somewhere.  🙄

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, chongli said:

I remember getting the autographs of these players at Fredonia: Joe Feguson, Dann "the Man" Manucci, David Humm, Rod Kush, and Nick Mike-Mayer. Once I was walking to the practice area on the walkway by the dorms, and I saw two guys. I asked if they were Bills, and they said yes. One signed my autograph, and the other kept walking, lol. No one famous. They weren't huge either; really no one was back then, even Bruce Smit

I guess you never saw "House" Ballard 😲 At 6'6 & 325lbs (at least) he was definitely on the large side. 😅

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RangerDave said:

When I was a kid, my dad took my little brother and I to a practice session in Fredonia.  My 5 year old brother was in a cast from a broken arm.  I remember OJ coming out of the locker room saying, "No autographis until after practice.  No autographis until after practice."  Then he saw my brother in the cast and said, "Except for this kid here."  He then signed my brother's cast.  Unfortunately, that signed memorabilia is now probably compost in a landfill somewhere.  🙄

They didn't move to Fredonia until '81. You must have been at Niagara University. 

Edit: Just looked up the training camp history to confirm my memory on the NU to Fredonia move. I did not remember that the training camp site before Niagara was the Sheraton Camelot Motor Inn in Blasdell! Oh how things have changed...

Edited by Bob Chandler's Hands
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RangerDave said:

Nice memories! That autograph would have been worth something nowadays.

The Bills didn't start practicing in Fredonia until the 80's though, a few seasons after OJ was traded. Maybe you meant Niagara University?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.