It’s Hell Month on the NFL calendar

Chandler#81

On 6/16/2022 at 7:14 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Free Agency, the Draft, Rookie Minicamp, OTA’s and mandatory Minicamp are now behind us. Ahead, the 5 week break before Training Camp begins is the unsupervised phase where ‘boys will be boys’. Accounts of DUI’s, Drunk & Disorderly’s, bar fights, high speed races and crashes, illegal firearm registrations, carrying firearms onto planes, unlawful discharge of firearms, Domestic Abuse, Battery and illegal drug possession will color the news. Thefts, shootings and murder have also occurred. The Bills certainly aren’t immune to these episodes either, over the years. But it’s worth noting the McBeane era has been steadfast in acquiring mostly high character, mature and responsible players -if not choirboys.

Heres to hoping everyone arrives at St. John Fisher campus alive, in great shape and without charges pending.. 🍻

Even during the era of Patriots* dominance in the AFCE, I often said that I was glad I wasn't a Pats* fan.

From a recent ESPN article on Patriots* fourth round pick CB Jack Jones:

"Jones began his college career at USC, was arrested for breaking into a restaurant in 2018, and a plea agreement reduced the initial felony charges to a second-degree misdemeanor charge of commercial burglary. After Jones was dismissed from USC due to academic issues, he transferred to Moorpark, a junior college. He ultimately landed at Arizona State, where in 2020, he was also suspended for fighting during practice.
“It’s a good spot for him [New England], as there will be people there to keep the thumb on him," Edwards said in an interview with ESPN.com."

Not worried about our guys in the least. I'm more worried about my own behavior over the next five weeks, to be honest.

Although the regime focuses on high character, it's no guarantee that these things can't happen to the Bills. Fingers crossed. There has been 4 arrests since McDermott has been coach:

Adolphus Washington (Previous Regime) - 7/9/17 Weapons Charge

Zay Jones - 3/21/18 Felony Vandalism

Tyrel Dodson - 5/25/19 Domestic Violence

Ed Oliver - 5/16/20 DWI and Weapons Charge (Later Cleared)

On 6/16/2022 at 2:22 PM, Jerome007 said:

It's like the people complaining how "soft" the game has become because defensive players can't clothesline and aim for the head anymore. Oh yeah, it's such a gentle sport now...

for some reason i could not move past the word clothesline . . . without needing to see some old grainy videos of people gettin clotheslined.  Before i can finish your post.  What a beautifully descriptive term, like so many we used to have.

Good times.

A lot of the videos are curated by the NFL to contain zero illegal tackles.   But not this one.  this one celebrates them.  The narrator even said Night Train believed in tackling from the eyebrows, up.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.