Final Roster Predictions WRs

Milanos Milano

5 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

If they keep 6 then Hodgins is out. If they keep 7 he’s in. 

Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Crowder, Shakir, Kumerow, Hodgins 

I like you’re list, but I think Crowder might the one missing on musical chairs.  We are flushed at slot and starving at outside WR depth.  Hodgins might play his way into a job.  At least that’s what I saw yesterday.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I like you’re list, but I think Crowder might the one missing on musical chairs.  We are flushed at a lot and starving at outside WR depth.  Hodgins might play his way into a job.  At least that’s what I saw yesterday.

if that’s the case I could see Slot guy cute, in this case Crowder and released WR outside signed 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

if that’s the case I could see Slot guy cute, in this case Crowder and released WR outside signed 

I don’t think they are going outside unless it’s to secure OBJ and rehab him in our team facilities.  Hodgins stays on the 53 until OBJ is ready maybe in the beginning of November.  Then they move Hodgins back to the PS.

Seems like a logical move.  I’m betting OBJ wants to win another SB so he can market himself next year for a $17-20 mil. deal.  This year they can move $ around for a partial year with him and use that cash over cap thing that Andrew Brandt always talks about on his business of football pod cast.

Brandt is actually very informative and loved his Wednesday morning stint on Ross Tuckers morning show on NFLR.  He used to have him on W mornings at 6:30 am until Tucker left NFLR.  I never heard what really happened, but there were rumors he was fired, and also he left on his own.  His podcasts are pretty good as well.

If I had a surprise cut, it would be crowder.  
yesterday, Kumerow hurt his chances and Hodgins helped his.  I like Hodgins and think under different circumstances he could be Stevie Johnson year 3.  But can he play special teams?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, frogger said:

If I had a surprise cut, it would be crowder.  
yesterday, Kumerow hurt his chances and Hodgins helped his.  I like Hodgins and think under different circumstances he could be Stevie Johnson year 3.  But can he play special teams?

Hodgins has to play ST in order to make the roster, I think. No matter what he does at WR in preseason, I think he's on the outside looking in.

it should be Diggs, Davis, Shakir, McKenzie, Crowder, Kumerow

I previously stated we'd keep 7, and been hammering that Shakir is going to be the primary backup outside, had listed this group prior in camp:

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Shakir

Crowder

Hodgins

Speedy

Only thing I would potentially modify is Speedy, bc he is now injured.  He was having a solid camp by most accounts, as well as Coach praising him.  I could still see us keeping him on the initial 53, then moving to IR (like last yr).

I disagree with everyone saying Crowder will be cut.  The slot role is EXTREMELY important in our offense, and think they will need him and McKenzie both this season.  Especially with Shakir likely to be getting snaps outside too.

As far as backup options at outside WR, hopefully @BADOLBILZ and @ScottLaw now see what everyone has been saying about Shakir (and Hodgins) compared to Kumerow.  There is a wide gap in talent/potential with them Vs Jake...who is squarely on the roster bubble, even b4 his fumble last night.

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

I previously stated we'd keep 7, and been hammering that Shakir is going to be the primary backup outside, had listed this group prior in camp:

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Shakir

Crowder

Hodgins

Speedy

Only thing I would potentially modify is Speedy, bc he is now injured.  He was having a solid camp by most accounts, as well as Coach praising him.  I could still see us keeping him on the initial 53, then moving to IR (like last yr).

I disagree with everyone saying Crowder will be cut.  The slot role is EXTREMELY important in our offense, and think they will need him and McKenzie both this season.  Especially with Shakir likely to be getting snaps outside too.

As far as backup options at outside WR, hopefully @BADOLBILZ and @ScottLaw now see what everyone has been saying about Shakir (and Hodgins) compared to Kumerow.  There is a wide gap in talent/potential with them Vs Jake...who is squarely on the roster bubble, even b4 his fumble last night.

Hopefully you and some others saw why the rational people like myself on TSW have zero faith in Kumerow,   regardless of where McBeane have him on the depth chart.

I'm not sure how you came away from watching Shakir play well from the slot last night with the idea that he shouldn't be competing for the #1 slot receiver spot as the season progresses(knowing Lil' Dirty has never been given a job and not subsequently given it back).........but that Khalil should rather be part of the outside rotation instead.

Your confirmation bias is very strong.   

• Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hopefully you and some others saw why the rational people like myself on TSW have zero faith in Kumerow,   regardless of where McBeane have him on the depth chart.

I'm not sure how you came away from watching Shakir play well from the slot last night with the idea that he shouldn't be competing for the #1 slot receiver spot as the season progresses(knowing Lil' Dirty has never been given a job and not subsequently given it back).........but that Khalil should rather be part of the outside rotation instead.

Your confirmation bias is very strong.   

Classic twisting of words, as you've said countless times that Kumerow is our primary backup outside...which many refuted, but you further tried to use the 1st depth chart to reinforce that point.

For the past month, it's been complaining we didn't spend resources on offense and our backup options at outside WR were bad/Kumerow.

Point is Kumerow never has been our primary outside backup, and second, we have other talented guys that many posters had faith in Beane/staff they brought in OR had guys that would compete there (Shakir and Hodgins).

As far as Shakir, he will be used all over the offense.  Including slot, outside, hback.  We have alot of weapons to work with, which is what many have been trying to say to you all offseason (instead you insisted and worried Kumwrow is our backup WR outside, and lack of spending more capital on Wrs)

I see it being Diggs, Davis, McK, Crowder, Shakir and Hodgins.  Kumerow (and maybe Austin) to the PS or just gone.  McK and Crowder will be in the slot.  Shakir will seemingly learn every position and work outside mostly.

• Agree 1

Just now, Doc said:

I see it being Diggs, Davis, McK, Crowder, Shakir and Hodgins.  Kumerow (and maybe Austin) to the PS or just gone.  McK and Crowder will be in the slot.  Shakir will seemingly learn every position and work outside mostly.

If Kum stays and Hodgins goes, I’m going to seriously start questions McD. Kum offers nothing outside of ST. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If Kum stays and Hodgins goes, I’m going to seriously start questions McD. Kum offers nothing outside of ST. 

Agree.  Especially with the "riches" in the secondary, I think we might keep 11 there (more than past yrs) which means we might only be able to keep 6 WRs.  Lewis and Benford can provide the ST support we need on the 53.

• Like (+1) 1

Classic twisting of words, as you've said countless times that Kumerow is our primary backup outside...which many refuted, but you further tried to use the 1st depth chart to reinforce that point.

For the past month, it's been complaining we didn't spend resources on offense and our backup options at outside WR were bad/Kumerow.

Point is Kumerow never has been our primary outside backup, and second, we have other talented guys that many posters had faith in Beane/staff they brought in OR had guys that would compete there (Shakir and Hodgins).

As far as Shakir, he will be used all over the offense.  Including slot, outside, hback.  We have alot of weapons to work with, which is what many have been trying to say to you all offseason (instead you insisted and worried Kumwrow is our backup WR outside, and lack of spending more capital on Wrs)

So you are claiming that Kumerow wasn't starting outside last night.........that Shakir was?

I must have been at a different game.

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Hodgins has to play ST in order to make the roster, I think. No matter what he does at WR in preseason, I think he's on the outside looking in.

it should be Diggs, Davis, Shakir, McKenzie, Crowder, Kumerow

That depends on what they plan on doing with Taiwan Jones imo.  If they keep him, they can go with Neal and Jones as the gunners and Hodgins as the 6th WR.  There are a few different scenarios.  

I def think it would be to his advantage to be able to play ST, but I don’t think that will determine his fate.  I think his play in preseason and practice will. Along with Kumerows play.  If Kumerow has more poor showings as a WR, I think he’s gone.  

Diggs

Gabe

lil dirty

Shakir

Hodgins

Kumerow

Bonus-OJ and Crowder traded for draft picks

Tommy Sweeney makes roster over OJ.  Gilliam and Doyle become backup TEs, amongst other positions.  They versatility is why they land spot, allowing us to free up roster spot

and we sign Odell, and shelf him until playoffs

Edited by Pete

28 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So you are claiming that Kumerow wasn't starting outside last night.........that Shakir was?

I must have been at a different game.

Both of them did, Shakir/Kumerow and Crowder was in the slot on 1st series.  Appears you missed that. 

I personally don't take much stock in who starts a preseason game anyway.  I'm going off of practice reports, player/coach/GM interviews, and ability to watch players and try to project their role on our team this season.

You are certainly not lacking in the "self righteous" territory...as Coach would say, stay humble.  Beyond difficult to engage in a conversation with someone who needs to be right constantly, then changes the framework/focus of discussion when possibly wrong.

Good day, I can see this is a worthless cause

On 6/15/2022 at 12:27 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

Give me your list predictions. Let’s see what the consensus is. 

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Crowder

Austin

Shakir 

Hodgins/Kumerow  the 7th WR battle imo. 

Ill go with Crowder getting hacked Shakir being the backup slot and both Kumerow and Hodgin's making it.

Both of them did, Shakir/Kumerow and Crowder was in the slot on 1st series.  Appears you missed that. 

I personally don't take much stock in who starts a preseason game anyway.  I'm going off of practice reports, player/coach/GM interviews, and ability to watch players and try to project their role on our team this season.

You are certainly not lacking in the "self righteous" territory...as Coach would say, stay humble.  Beyond difficult to engage in a conversation with someone who needs to be right constantly, then changes the framework/focus of discussion when possibly wrong.

Good day, I can see this is a worthless cause

You apparently don't take much stock in anything the organization actually does.......statements from the GM, depth chart, preseason game usage etc..

You just presume you know exactly what they think,  regardless of any of it. :lol:

And btw if you don't want me to respond to your stupidity.........then don't tag me..........because that presumes that you do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

On 8/14/2022 at 5:11 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

You apparently don't take much stock in anything the organization actually does.......statements from the GM, depth chart, preseason game usage etc..

You just presume you know exactly what they think,  regardless of any of it. :lol:

And btw if you don't want me to respond to your stupidity.........then don't tag me..........because that presumes that you do.

You know it's pointless to argue with a master strategist, how can you possibly win?

193466.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.