Final Roster Predictions WRs

Milanos Milano

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

I'll support ya man and rooting for Speedy.

They clearly brought in Austin to compete with him.  He had 1 bad week at OTAs, but he will have plenty of chances until September.   To quote a Mcdermottism, iron sharpens iron.  Let the best man win that return role and likely 6th/7th WR spot.

Absolutely and I love the signing and competition. 

Bills are definitely rooting for their draft pick in Stevenson but signing Austin as s safety net is brilliant and it's these minor details that make McBeane so great. The SB window is now and you go with the best man for this year, instead of potential 

Edited by JerseyBills

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2022 at 9:27 AM, IronMaidenBills said:

Give me your list predictions. Let’s see what the consensus is. 

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Crowder

Austin

Shakir 

Hodgins/Kumerow  the 7th WR battle imo. 

On 6/15/2022 at 9:30 AM, hemma said:

Same as yours — and I’ll go with Hodgins. 

So Hodgins has been emerging and is listed behind Davis on the depth chart which is an eye opener. Tavon is listed as #1 punt returner. There are going to be a lot of tough decisions to come I feel like when it comes to deciding how makes the roster for WRs sake. We only kept 6 WRs last year and 1 IR. Do you think we still go 6 or is this the year we go 7? 

Hodgins has really thrown a wrench in all this. I have to believe that Crowder might be a surprise cut, as I don’t see Shakir getting cut or PS designation. It’s possible he might get the IR tag. Especially if McD determines that he really wants a player like Tavon for punts or a Kumerow for ST. I honestly don’t know what they do now. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/15/2022 at 10:32 AM, GunnerBill said:

They will only keep 7 if Austin flat out wins the return job. If not it is 6. 

Agree the last spot probably comes down to Kumerow or Hodgins (Stevenson already seems down and out even this early in the summer). I would think ties go to Kumerow for teams ability so Hodgins has to flat out win the job which I still see as a bit of a long shot. If Kumerow loses out that probably guarantees Taiwan Jones's spot on the 53 - they are in competition for the second gunner spot opposite Siran Neal.

Do we still feel this way? Austin is listed as #1 PR on the depth chart. This year is going to be insane when it comes to choosing. I think Kumerow is screwed now with Hodgins playing well. 

Shakir is listed as #2 PR, but do we trust a rookie to do that over Austin who’s experienced? 

How do we keep 7 WRs if we keep 6CBs with Benford playing well? 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. But I feel it looks like Austin *will* win the return job and therefore we will end up keeping 7. But if he doesn't, then we will keep 6. 

Agreed…..

Say austin wins the return job and is #7, who is #5 & #6?  2 out of Crowder, Kumerow and Hodgins.  As of now, I’d say Kumerow and Crowder as I haven’t seen Hodgins do anything as a pro.  Preseason games and the rest of camp will likely determine these spots.

I’d love for Hodgins to show that he’s made big strides but I think he’ll be the odd man out

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So Hodgins has been emerging and is listed behind Davis on the depth chart which is an eye opener. Tavon is listed as #1 punt returner. There are going to be a lot of tough decisions to come I feel like when it comes to deciding how makes the roster for WRs sake. We only kept 6 WRs last year and 1 IR. Do you think we still go 6 or is this the year we go 7? 

Hodgins has really thrown a wrench in all this. I have to believe that Crowder might be a surprise cut, as I don’t see Shakir getting cut or PS designation. It’s possible he might get the IR tag. Especially if McD determines that he really wants a player like Tavon for punts or a Kumerow for ST. I honestly don’t know what they do now. 

No way Shakir would ever make it to the PS, so he's a keeper.  Agree could see Crowder as the semi surprise cut. (since we're all talking about it, how's it a surprise??) How many slot guys do they need especially if they are going to play more 2 TE snaps?  Unless they really feel Shakier is a better bit outside??  Austin can also play the slot to I believe if needed?  Maybe what keeps both Austin and Kumarow around, they play important ST roles, but also can and have played WR if needed.  That's my beef with keeping a slot for T Jones, they rarely ever actually use him as a RB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I'm sure you could cut Hodgins and re-sign him to the PS relatively easily unless he has some great preseason games. 

My prediction is that we keep seven WR, its a long season, and wear, bumps and bruises always take there toll, 

Diggs

Davis

I-Mac

Crowder

Shakir

TD Jesus

Hodgins

54 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Everyone hated Thad Brown until yesterday when he talked up Hodgins.

It’s more than that though, recent roster reveals have been an eye opener with Hodgins as the backup behind Davis. It’s weird that he would be listed there and not make the final roster. 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

My prediction is that we keep seven WR, its a long season, and wear, bumps and bruises always take there toll, 

Diggs

Davis

I-Mac

Crowder

Shakir

TD Jesus

Hodgins

So who returns punts? Shakir? Because he’s #2 behind Tavon, and #3 is likely getting cut because I doubt he makes the team if we keep Taiwan. 

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

No way Shakir would ever make it to the PS, so he's a keeper.  Agree could see Crowder as the semi surprise cut. (since we're all talking about it, how's it a surprise??) How many slot guys do they need especially if they are going to play more 2 TE snaps?  Unless they really feel Shakier is a better bit outside??  Austin can also play the slot to I believe if needed?  Maybe what keeps both Austin and Kumarow around, they play important ST roles, but also can and have played WR if needed.  That's my beef with keeping a slot for T Jones, they rarely ever actually use him as a RB.

Agreed on Shakir. I never advocated for him to go to PS. I’ve said I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets the IR tag, but I would doubt it because he can contribute right now. 

A lot of people think we will keep Crowder because we need a back up for McKenzie, but honestly I don’t think that is needed and McKenzie has shown enough to trust him. I don’t see how we have space for Crowder when we have other needs, like who is doing PR. I supposed you could keep Crowder and cut Tavon, but that would mean you are trusting a rookie in Shakir to handle PR in a big time situation. That’s a big ask. The only reason why I think Tavon has a sneak advantage to a roster spot is because he is a good punt returner and can play slot if needed. Something Crowder does not offer. 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Diggs

Davis

I-Mac

Crowder

Shakir

TD Jesus

Hodgins

I don’t see how Kumerow makes the team over Austin. If he does, who are you having returning punts? 

Unless Crowder gets injured again, the locks are Diggs, Davis, McK, Crowder and Shakir.  I think they keep 6 WRs again since they're going with 2 TE sets more and probably keeping a 3rd TE.  My bet for the 6th is Hodgins.  I think they try and trade Kumerow (to the Pack) and if they can't, put him on the PS.

Right now, this is what I think. 

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Shakir

Hodgins

Tavon 

If we do keep 7, I would rather keep Crowder than Kumerow. 

Just now, Doc said:

Unless Crowder gets injured again, the locks are Diggs, Davis, McK, Crowder and Shakir.  I think they keep 6 WRs again since they're going with 2 TE sets more and probably keeping a 3rd TE.  My bet for the 6th is Hodgins.  I think they try and trade Kumerow (to the Pack) and if they can't, put him on the PS.

Who returns punts? Shakir? 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Right now, this is what I think. 

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Shakir

Hodgins

Tavon 

If we do keep 7, I would rather keep Crowder than Kumerow. 

Who returns punts? Shakir? 

Yes.  None of the others are any great shakes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.