Simms Concludes his top 40 qb's. Allen top dog.

Stank_Nasty

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

First, we don't have only one other star player on offense. Only one other top five at his position? OK, fair enough. But Knox is top ten, as is Dawkins. As was Beasley before he regressed, shown by his All-Pro year.

And the evidence doesn't show that the offense is secondary to the defense in the draft. It could just as easily be that they're going BPA. Out of 18 players picked by this FO in the first three rounds, nine were on offense. And those numbers only look that even if you leave out the 1st rounder we traded for Diggs. Include it as you should, and this FO has used picks from the first three rounds to select 10 players on offense and 9 on defense.

And yes, they traded for Diggs. They traded a draft pick. Not a player. Like it or not they acquired Diggs with a pick, not a player-for-player deal.

And while there certainly are some afterthoughts on the OL, Dawkins and Morse are both quality player, and while Ford certainly hasn't been good, he wasn't an afterthought, he was a 2nd round pick. Nor is Saffold an afterthought.

You're spinning like a dervish.

Davis "couldn't even make the starting lineup last year," you say. More spin. He started several games, including the last three.

They're far from the be-all and end-all, but PFF had Davis as one of their top 101 players last year. Not receivers, players. Specifically #93. They said, "Davis began the season buried on the Bills depth chart and was barely a factor for most of the year. But the more the team used him, the bigger an impact he made. His season culminated with an absolute destruction of the Kansas City secondary, where he caught eight of the 10 passes thrown his way for 201 yards and four touchdowns. He caught 11 touchdowns from only 74 targets, with passes thrown his way generating an absurd passer rating of 131.3."

That is probably too high, but they're right that he's a good player, likely a good solid #2.

And Tremaine as 61st rated Lb out of 87.  So is PFF worthy of mentioning or not?  In tremaines case, you’ve made it known that pff is nonsense.

Either you use PFF to support your ideas or you don’t.  Saying it’s far from the be-all and end-all is just a wishy washy way to say that you’d like to use off when it suits your agenda.  Pick a side.  

6 min follow up clip here. Basically Simms debating himself between Allen and Mahomes. I thought his final point was really interesting. Go back and look at film of games with poor offense of the chiefs and it’s Mahomes consistently making bad decisions whereas poor offensive outputs for the Bills seemed to be much more scheme related. I’m not gonna absolve Allen in those instances but it’s an interesting take. Also made a point that Allen’s play over the last 2 years has been slightly better overall in his opinion and that the arrow seems to still be pointing up while that may not be the case with mahomes. 

Poor little Chiefs fans… they go full on ballistic toddler temper tantrum anytime somebody doesn't prop their guy up into his own “God tier”. The way the conference is shaping up, they’re in for a good humbling over the next couple years. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

On 6/17/2022 at 10:02 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Both Davis and Knox look like breakout candidates for this upcoming season. The talent is there. They just need to get the snaps and targets consistently. If I had to pick one to breakout it would be Davis. His snap count and targets should double maybe even more than double. Knox probably won't see more snaps but may see more targets, but not as big of a jump as Davis will see.

I think Davis will have a big season. Defenses will double Diggs leaving Davis with man coverage.

For fantasy players take Davis as your 2nd or 3rd receiver 

The Bills lack dynamic, YAC playmakers.  They do not generate many missed tackles in the passing game. Not many instances of physically beating defenders once they have the ball in their hands, either with speed or power.  I think that's what Chris Simms is saying.  They do run great routes and make great plays on the ball, especially near the sidelines.  So the Bills pass catchers get the yards that their route and Josh's arm earned them and not much more. 

Some QBs with dink and dunk mindsets could not sustain an offense without the YAC element built in.  Some do not even attempt to make intermediate throws outside the numbers.   Josh throws to all areas of the field and when he puts the ball on his targets in those contested spaces, securing the ball and keeping their feet inbounds or protecting themselves is job#1.  

On a related note, the whole lack of YAC conversation related to Josh's offseason work with Palmer seemed somewhat of a mystery to me.  I rarely had the thought that Josh put the ball in bad places to get more yards.  I mostly saw it as a consequence of the types of receivers he has and the places on the field they attack.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.