Simms Concludes his top 40 qb's. Allen top dog.

Stank_Nasty

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

THIS

We had a pathetic running game outside of Allen last year.  Pathetic...  I don't want to hear about Singletary's YPC, he ran against light boxes and we had nobody to get us goal line/short yardage.

As Simms pointed out.. Diggs is elite.  Knox is above average.  Davis may be big time, but we overrate last year due to the KC game.  Sanders didn't give us much and neither did Beasley.  

So, outside of Diggs and Knox, Allen had no running game and mediocre play at WR2 and Slot WR for much of the season.  That, along with an ok pass blocking OL. 

Much reason for optimism that his supporting cast is better going into this season... but Josh Allen elevated a slightly above average Offense into a Super Bowl caliber Offense last year.  

I think Beane saw this as well which is why he upgraded the RB position, getting a pass catching running back and upgrading the WR position with Shakir.

Crowder at slot is an upgrade over Beasely.

If Austin sticks that could be another good pickup on Punt returns.

I thought Beane did a nice job.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

He should be but won't happen this year.  Players voted in early December I believe, which was right before Josh went nuclear.

Actually I also meant he should be. And more importantly in the long run what will be more relevant is where he winds up in the history of the game itself. Will he stand amongst the icons? I think maybe yes. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nice job is a stretch. 

He took a flyer on Howard coming off injury, replaced Beasley with Crowder a solid replacement IMO, basically added depth to an offensive line that was poor last season and one early and one late round pick from the draft.

They are an injury or two away from making Josh play Superman again. 

At least we know the cape fits.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Josh Allen single handedly re-ignited my passion for the NFL. 

Around the time of Tyrod and his patented 90 yard passing games I was seriously beginning to prefer other things (clearing up leaves, spending time with my children, cutting my toenails). Then Allen came along and quickly became my favorite player of all time.

He's just great. I love him like a brother in law.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

He's just great. I love him like a brother in law.

That is an awesome comparison, I think it fits how I feel about Josh perfectly as well.

I couldn't have dreamed I would get a chance to see a person/player like this playing QB for the Bills ever again...was beginning to think the 90s would be my best memories.  No longer.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nice job is a stretch. 

He took a flyer on Howard coming off injury, replaced Beasley with Crowder a solid replacement IMO, basically added depth to an offensive line that was poor last season and one early and one late round pick from the draft.

They are an injury or two away from making Josh play Superman again. 

I think they did a decent job with the OL. 

-Hiring one of the best coaches in Kromer was a great start.  

-Saffold and Bates as starting Guards should be upgrades to our Guard play for most of last year.

-Some of the OL hopes ride on Brown making that second year jump.  Insanely talented player who, if he can put it together, can be elite.  Sometimes you just have to hope guys develop.

-Quessenberry is a really nice depth player and can provide adequate play at RT should Brown not make the jump.

On paper, this is a pretty good starting OL, with a lot of potential.  Depth is ok for NFL standards.

At the skill positions Crowder and Cook are massive upgrades in explosiveness over what we had last year at slot and pass catching back/rb2.  

Not sure what we have in Howard or Shakir.  

Really hoping Tavon Austin shows out and makes this roster, because he's shown in his career another level of explosiveness at WR that we don't currently have on this roster.  Whether he still possesses that remains to be seen, but early returns sound promising.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Maybe he's just in to getting choked.

He figured out a way to do it at work and without having to pay a call girl to do it. 

Modern_Problems_Require_Modern_Solutions

maybe he even has a little noose around his neck, and uses the button to cover it up.  we can go a lot of different directions here.

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Simms is not real high on Josh’s supporting cast on offense…I tend to agree, and think many here overrate our offensive weapons. Josh makes them look better than they really are…

Josh had carried every single one of his weapons” to their best seasons of their career, it’s not hard to see, Allen is carrying the roster around him.   Aside from Diggs, there’s not a game changer on the O and even Diggs is more consistent than spectacular.  If Davis was as great as we want him to be, how did The Ghost of Manny Sanders keep him on the bench?  So far he’s looked to be an adequate #3 WR.  I like him, I want him to be the 1B this year, but until you do something it’s nothing.  Beasley never produced like he did here and he’s so good he’s unemployed right now.  John Brown, what can we say about JB, other than the guy should never be your number 1 and JA made it work.  He had people thinking the Bills hit the lotto with Robert Foster FCOL.   Allen is the Bills, without him, this is a sub 500 team.

MaHomies had the most explosive WR in the NFL and the Best TE in the game to work with, along with a bunch of other speedsters. 

Rodgers also carries his team, outside of Adams he’s had nothing to work with for years, but he does have a better running game than the Bills.

I don’t often say this, but I think Simms is spot on. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed… They’ll struggle to get to .500 if Josh was out for the year and Keenum was forced to start. 

You miserable effers...the new narrative to trash the Bills is to say they're nothing without Josh.  As if the Bills did NOTHING to get and develop Josh.

Yeah, the Pats*** all those years would have been nothing without Brady.

The Packers would have been nothing without Favre...or Rodgers.

Christ.  Great QBs elevate their teams.  Film at 11.

P.S.  The Bills have a stinking good roster, great coaches, and a competent front office.  Not that you care.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I think Beane saw this as well which is why he upgraded the RB position, getting a pass catching running back and upgrading the WR position with Shakir.

Crowder at slot is an upgrade over Beasely.

If Austin sticks that could be another good pickup on Punt returns.

I thought Beane did a nice job.

Austin has not been good on returns, especially the last few years...he has averaged 4.6 yards per punt return over that time which is brutal

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

THIS

We had a pathetic running game outside of Allen last year.  Pathetic...  I don't want to hear about Singletary's YPC, he ran against light boxes and we had nobody to get us goal line/short yardage.

As Simms pointed out.. Diggs is elite.  Knox is above average.  Davis may be big time, but we overrate last year due to the KC game.  Sanders didn't give us much and neither did Beasley.  

So, outside of Diggs and Knox, Allen had no running game and mediocre play at WR2 and Slot WR for much of the season.  That, along with an ok pass blocking OL. 

Much reason for optimism that his supporting cast is better going into this season... but Josh Allen elevated a slightly above average Offense into a Super Bowl caliber Offense last year.  

I agree with much of what you said.........but "ok pass blocking"??

No.

The Bills OL was the worst pass blocking unit in the NFL in terms of pressures and sacks allowed.

That's why they had to turn him into Mike Alstott 2.0 down the stretch to get into the playoffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.