Simms Concludes his top 40 qb's. Allen top dog.

Stank_Nasty

Cant say i disagree with anything he says right here. I think the biggest notch for Allen in these discussions is that fact that there is no debate his offense depends more on him than any other qb. I'm ok with anyone that wants to say Rodgers or Mahomes is their #1. What i'm not okay with is when said people usually scoff at any nods towards Allen. Enjoy 13 minutes here of Simms slobbering all over his "Boy Blue"...

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

It's interesting that Simms think Allen has the least support of any of the other top QB's. Claims Allen is asked to do more and carry the Bills Offense on his shoulders, not to mention his arm and legs. 

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

This will consistently be the finest example of a gif in a JA thread.

I mean, how much more perfect can it get? This guy is literally doing facial expressions that I do prior to my “O” face. 

Speaking of…after watching this video….OOOOOOOOO yeah! 

Edited by HamSandwhich

I don’t agree w/ his take on Gabe Davis and that the Bills have the least talented receivers. Yes, he only had 500+ yards, but that’s bc he was buried in the depth chart behind Sanders. I agree that he is not a top 10 WR, but the potential is there to get there and this can be said about Knox too. Both were victims of ball distribution. There’s only so many that can go around. With Sanders gone I expect that to change dramatically. Bills skill positions will surprise this year and having a good pass catching RB like Cook helps as well.

I also would like to note that both Knox & Davis took advantage of every opportunity they were given. Davis’ performance in the playoffs this year and last should not go unnoticed. Guy is as clutch as they come in the biggest moments. Multiple toe dragging catches that I think won us the Colts game along w/ the statistically best playoff game by a WR in playoff history against the Chiefs that SHOULD’VE won us that game were absolutely amazing & clutch performances. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Simms is not real high on Josh’s supporting cast on offense…I tend to agree, and think many here overrate our offensive weapons. Josh makes them look better than they really are…

I think Josh’s OL and Weapons are fine for this year save one exception. Josh doesn’t have that huge, Uber-talented WR….

That’s why I wanted to go with Christian Watson in this past draft. But you give us Watson, and I put our weapons up against any one’s.  
I love our starting five OL this year but I am really concerned over the depth…

So, not perfect, but maybe a few players show up in camp? I think we have room for a sixth WR but someone has to show he worth the roster spot.

On the OL, perhaps Aaron Kromer can unlock Cody Ford’s game? If not, someone else’s game hopefully.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Simms is not real high on Josh’s supporting cast on offense…I tend to agree, and think many here overrate our offensive weapons. Josh makes them look better than they really are…

THIS

We had a pathetic running game outside of Allen last year.  Pathetic...  I don't want to hear about Singletary's YPC, he ran against light boxes and we had nobody to get us goal line/short yardage.

As Simms pointed out.. Diggs is elite.  Knox is above average.  Davis may be big time, but we overrate last year due to the KC game.  Sanders didn't give us much and neither did Beasley.  

So, outside of Diggs and Knox, Allen had no running game and mediocre play at WR2 and Slot WR for much of the season.  That, along with an ok pass blocking OL. 

Much reason for optimism that his supporting cast is better going into this season... but Josh Allen elevated a slightly above average Offense into a Super Bowl caliber Offense last year.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just look at the quality pass catchers on this team, and their YAC potential, and I’m not just talking about WRs, with Josh stating he has been working on his ball placement so as to make run after catch better, I’m thinking we are going to be notably better in this area than some are saying. Also taking into account coach beach chairs and our line adjustments, the game out of the back field is going to be improved as well.

I suspect our offense will be different in play calling and personnel usage than last the last couple of seasons, at least I hope so, and by doing so, it will keep defenses guessing more, which is a good thing. Josh is gonna shine, as will the other play makers on the offense, I for one am not even remotely worried. 

On top of the above, we have a damn good defense, with good to great additions, this too will help Josh and the rest of the offense every single game, again, I’m not even remotely worried.

For those currently fearing out about Oline depth, I ask you this, what team has Oline depth equal to their starters?  

Go Bills!!!

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

THIS

We had a pathetic running game outside of Allen last year.  Pathetic...  I don't want to hear about Singletary's YPC, he ran against light boxes and we had nobody to get us goal line/short yardage.

As Simms pointed out.. Diggs is elite.  Knox is above average.  Davis may be big time, but we overrate last year due to the KC game.  Sanders didn't give us much and neither did Beasley.  

So, outside of Diggs and Knox, Allen had no running game and mediocre play at WR2 and Slot WR for much of the season.  That, along with an ok pass blocking OL. 

Much reason for optimism that his supporting cast is better going into this season... but Josh Allen elevated a slightly above average Offense into a Super Bowl caliber Offense last year.  

There will almost always be light boxes with Allen at QB. That’s one reason why drafting Cook made so much sense…. He’s a RB that can potentially maximize gains from an open gap. That said, Allen is still the best short yardage option on the roster in no small part due to the Oline’s inability to get consistent push up the middle. This team could use a hammer at RB, but that’s not gonna happen this year…. So 🤞🏼 that Kromer can get this Oline to a level of reliability in the running game. 

2 hours ago, gjv said:

It's interesting that Simms think Allen has the least support of any of the other top QB's. Claims Allen is asked to do more and carry the Bills Offense on his shoulders, not to mention his arm and legs. 

I think if had a better line he would have to do less - less running, less scrambling, less not in right position throws.

Simms should know that Sanders has been talking about retirement which is why he is not on a team's roster.  Simms made it sound like Josh is lacking talent in 2021 on WR which I disagree with.

13 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

He should be but won't happen this year.  Players voted in early December I believe, which was right before Josh went nuclear.

Also before the Rat’s epic meltdown against the Bungles.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.