Maybe We Should "Pump" The Breaks On Super Bowl Plans?!?!?!

Mooshocker12

49 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Great, now you tell me after I've booked flights, hotel and a massage therapist named Candy I spent 3 hours researching on instagram 

You don't want to go to Candy.  A 6'5", 275lb of all muscles guy named Charles will show up and say "Candy" was double booked so she sent him instead. And he is not gentle.  

Unless you're into rough massages.  

• Haha (+1) 3

Nobody thinks this is 100% in the bag.  We're all excited.  This team that's been built is the closest we've been in a long while.  Hell, we had the drought.

For God's sake, let us be happy, let us be excited.

If you can't be excited and swept up in championship fever until you actually win the championship, then the fan base of 31 NFL teams are going to be miserable this season.

51 minutes ago, Mooshocker12 said:

First, I've been a true blue Bills fan since 1980.  I've lived through the highs and the lows. One thing I have come to understand about the game is that it has to be played prior to declaring a winner.  I read throughout a variety of news reports, interviews, story's, updates, etc., that we need to have already made our reservations for the Super Bowl.  This really scares me (maybe I'm more of a frightened, tainted Bills fan these days). There are so many variables that are outside of anyone's control and there are numerous challenges that will arise which may, or may not, contribute to a loss here and there (see Jacksonville from last season).

I suppose my point is this...let's move away from declaring and move towards supporting...through the good and the bad. Never too high and never too low!  Go Bills!

In the NFL, once you get down to the final 5-6 teams (meaning the Divisional Round), everything is really just a toss-up.

Fans worry too much about who is the "overall best team" in the league -- when in reality the last few games usually come down to specific matchups, injuries, who is on a hot streak, and just a little bit of luck.  That's why the recipe for a championship is... win your division, get at least one home playoff game and hopefully the chips fall the right way.

Think about it.  Add a squib kick, and remove a blocked punt... we easily could have gotten a Buffalo/Green Bay Super Bowl matchup instead of a Los Angeles/Cincinnati.  That's how small the margin of error is.

Bud its ride or die time. From 2020 on I have been ready and experienced an immense amount of pain from losses because of expectations.

Keep bringing it because they will break through and I'm ready for it. Burn the ships and just believe.

17 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

There are 32 teams, so - all things being equal - the chance of any team winning the Super Bowl in a given year is 1 in 32, about 3%.

But not all variables are equal.  Some teams have better coaches and better players.

So the very best franchises might have a something like 10% chance of winning the SB, while the worst teams might be under 1%.   

While I really like the team Beane and McD built, I never thought the Lombardi was in the bag.  

Pretty sure dallas has already been eliminated from the playoffs so that's one less team. 

• Agree 1

“(see Jacksonville from last season)”? Yes games like that can happen and probably will. In spite of that game, the “wind game” and others. In spite of a defensive that struggled against the run, in spite of an offensive line that didn’t find cohesion until late in the season, they were 13 insane seconds from the AFC Championship game.

Edited by chris heff

Just the fact that we're all seriously talking about the Bills going back to the Super Bowl and not taking the piss out on each other is.... REALLY F-ING AWESOME. Don't worry, I'm terrified as well - but man, it feels soooo good to have this feeling. Let's just enjoy it. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

There are 32 teams, so - all things being equal - the chance of any team winning the Super Bowl in a given year is 1 in 32, about 3%.

But not all variables are equal.  Some teams have better coaches and better players.

So the very best franchises might have a something like 10% chance of winning the SB, while the worst teams might be under 1%.   

While I really like the team Beane and McD built, I never thought the Lombardi was in the bag.  

Exactly, not all NFL teams are created equal.  I'd say any given year there are about 5-6 teams who have a realistic chance to go all the way.  This year we are one of them

• Like (+1) 1

Come on, everyone knows the preseason favorite does not automatically win the SB right?  Yeah, lots of variables, lots of things can happen.  With a great team comes great expectations...enjoy the ride.   What is the alternative, go back to winning the off season with Rex?  Hoping some mediocre QB is the next Drew Brees?   These are great times, sit back and take it in.

1 hour ago, Mooshocker12 said:

I suppose my point is this...let's move away from declaring and move towards supporting...through the good and the bad. Never too high and never too low!  Go Bills!

Didnt we spend 25 years till 2020 being the whipped step child of the NFL? 

Things have looked up for the past 2 seasons so lets enjoy the ride. If we dont make our goal, there will be great disappointment irrespective of our excitement leading up to the big game. So, why be less happy now? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mooshocker12 said:

First, I've been a true blue Bills fan since 1980.  I've lived through the highs and the lows. One thing I have come to understand about the game is that it has to be played prior to declaring a winner.  I read throughout a variety of news reports, interviews, story's, updates, etc., that we need to have already made our reservations for the Super Bowl.  This really scares me (maybe I'm more of a frightened, tainted Bills fan these days). There are so many variables that are outside of anyone's control and there are numerous challenges that will arise which may, or may not, contribute to a loss here and there (see Jacksonville from last season).

Why is it every time we fans get excited about the Bills. Some party pooper finds it necessary to tell us to "pump the brakes." Well I have been a Bills fan since 1970 and seen a lot more ups and downs than you have so I would rather step on the gas and go all in and finally win that Super Bowl trophy. If you want to live in fear of being disappointed then you pump your own brakes I'm just going to let the chips fall where they may. 

Edited by Yawning Frog
to many typeos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.