Maybe We Should "Pump" The Breaks On Super Bowl Plans?!?!?!

Mooshocker12

First, I've been a true blue Bills fan since 1980.  I've lived through the highs and the lows. One thing I have come to understand about the game is that it has to be played prior to declaring a winner.  I read throughout a variety of news reports, interviews, story's, updates, etc., that we need to have already made our reservations for the Super Bowl.  This really scares me (maybe I'm more of a frightened, tainted Bills fan these days). There are so many variables that are outside of anyone's control and there are numerous challenges that will arise which may, or may not, contribute to a loss here and there (see Jacksonville from last season).

I suppose my point is this...let's move away from declaring and move towards supporting...through the good and the bad. Never too high and never too low!  Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Mooshocker12 said:

First, I've been a true blue Bills fan since 1980.  I've lived through the highs and the lows. One thing I have come to understand about the game is that it has to be played prior to declaring a winner.  I read throughout a variety of news reports, interviews, story's, updates, etc., that we need to have already made our reservations for the Super Bowl.  This really scares me (maybe I'm more of a frightened, tainted Bills fan these days). There are so many variables that are outside of anyone's control and there are numerous challenges that will arise which may, or may not, contribute to a loss here and there (see Jacksonville from last season).

I suppose my point is this...let's move away from declaring and move towards supporting...through the good and the bad. Never too high and never too low!  Go Bills!

Rookie.😒

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Mooshocker12 said:

But enough about Tua and the Dolphins

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The fans expecting the superbowl has zero bearing on how the team plays. 

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

Great, now you tell me after I've booked flights, hotel and a massage therapist named Candy I spent 3 hours researching on instagram 

Was she recommended by Desaun Watson?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Fans have every right to be excited. Expectations from the fans and media (both local and national) are sky high. The coaches and players will focus on the job at hand and take it one day/game at a time. We the fans can do whatever we want since we don't affect the outcome of the games. I am pumped for this season. If the Bills stay healthy then they have as good a shot to win it all as anybody. 

• Agree 2

I always hate when the national media make these declarations would rather be looked at as the underdog but with the QB we have & the team that surrounds him it's very hard to look at them & consider them a underdog .

I feel with every thing in my Bills fandom that we will be in the play offs unless something catastrophic happens & you have believe that the SB is the final goal & i do believe they can do it it's just getting there .

I do think it's a SB year though who out there truly has the fire power to knock the Bills out of it if they are firing on all cylinders ?

SB OR BUST GO BILLS !!

22 minutes ago, Mooshocker12 said:

We have the best football player on the planet locked up for the next 6 years.  We should be Super Bowl favorites every year JA17 is on our roster.  The #17 car was built with no breaks installed.  

Edited by TheWeatherMan

5 minutes ago, T master said:

I always hate when the national media make these declarations would rather be looked at as the underdog but with the QB we have & the team that surrounds him it's very hard to look at them & consider them a underdog .

I feel with every thing in my Bills fandom that we will be in the play offs unless something catastrophic happens & you have believe that the SB is the final goal & i do believe they can do it it's just getting there .

I do think it's a SB year though who out there truly has the fire power to knock the Bills out of it if they are firing on all cylinders ?

SB OR BUST GO BILLS !!

The Miller signing is an "all in for this year" move. That doesn't mean Beane doesn't have a long term plan in place for the Bills. I am sure he does. But you don't go out and bring Von Miller here just to make the playoffs. 

• Agree 2

The entire point of being a fan is to root for your team to do well. If this turns out to be THE year and you sit there with folded arms until February…you’re going to be really sad you missed the ride. And if you join in the fun, what’s the worst that can happen? Wide right? Music City Miracle? Thirteen Seconds? For me and my household we’re going to be cheering from the season opener. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There are 32 teams, so - all things being equal - the chance of any team winning the Super Bowl in a given year is 1 in 32, about 3%.

But not all variables are equal.  Some teams have better coaches and better players.

So the very best franchises might have a something like 10% chance of winning the SB, while the worst teams might be under 1%.   

While I really like the team Beane and McD built, I never thought the Lombardi was in the bag.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.