Feeling like Bengals might be "Top Opponent" this year

Billsfanatixs

18 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

I hate being the guy(feel dirty, like im pats fan), assuming that the Bill's are great and there are 1 or 2 maybe, that compete))Feeling like Bengals might be "Top Opponent" this year.

If they can improve that horratious O-Line, i just wanna say, how many times, can a "Joe" named QB not won the superbowl. Bengals will be there, to deal with in playoffs, unless Joe gets hurt.

Hate him cuz hes not on the Bills and ill take Josh 70% of the time. GO BILLS!

You will take Josh 70% of the time? What, you want Case Keenum the other 30%, lol? Sounds like you're more of a Cincinnati fan. You must be friends with filthybeast.

Edited by chongli

19 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

I hate being the guy(feel dirty, like im pats fan), assuming that the Bill's are great and there are 1 or 2 maybe, that compete))Feeling like Bengals might be "Top Opponent" this year.

If they can improve that horratious O-Line, i just wanna say, how many times, can a "Joe" named QB not won the superbowl. Bengals will be there, to deal with in playoffs, unless Joe gets hurt.

Hate him cuz hes not on the Bills and ill take Josh 70% of the time. GO BILLS!

Trade mark on "Horatious" and "Hereditory"

feelin’ like you haven’t seen the whole schedule.

16 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

That actually wouldn’t shock me. They way overachieved last year. They are a good team, but if the Ravens don’t have a slew of injuries, I bet they win the North

I agree with Ravens probably winning the div, but would be surprised if the Bengals don't get a wildcard. 7 teams make it. Bengals number 5 or 6.

Contenders in order: Bills, Chargers, Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals, Broncos, Colts

Prenders in order:  Raiders, Dolphins, Titans, Browns (assuming they go with Brissett).  

Living off reputation:  Patriots, Steelers

Last year was darkest before the dawn:  Jaguars, Jets

LOL:  Texans

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I actually expect Burrow to make a good leap this year and have the Bengals winning the North.  

They have too much talent not to.

Ravens had a lot of injuries last year. If they can avoid any devastating injuries ( same goes for all teams) I think it will be between them and the Bengals in the North. The Bengals did improve the OL which was an issue last year so they will be good as well. I agree with you that Burrow will continue to get better. As far as young QB's go I think Allen, Burrow, and Herbert will be the next wave of great QB's over the next decade or so. Allen being the best of course :)

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Bills v Bengals has 5-star potential.  I’m going. 

Bought my tixs today.  

I’m going to Steelers, Browns and Jets in Buffalo and @Ravens and @Bengals this year so far.  

That means I’m going to see all of the AFC North v Bills games. 

That @Bengals on 2 Jan in Cincy on MNF is going to be lit. 

I may be wrong, but I feel like the Bengals entire playoff run was just a fortunate string of events.

That's not to say Burrow isn't good, he is. Although, I don't think as highly as some do of him by far.

Of course since I posted this he will win 9 SBs and 10 league MVPs, but that's the breaks.

• Haha (+1) 2

Chargers. Very rare do I ever jump on teams who won FA bandwagon, buy they would've been our #1 competition already, but their FA additions really sured up that defense in FA, and added some nice pieces to the off in the draft.

Herbert matures another year. HC Staley took some lumps as a first year coach, but I like what he did with that team, and his aggressiveness suited them well. They'll be a tough our.

Fortunately for us they play in the best division in football, and it's going to show with any of them failing to seed high going into playoffs IMO

Funny thing……. 

wasn’t something similar said about

Chargers QB  Justin Herbert?

Baker Mayfield? 

2 seasons ago it was Lamar 

Now, the only time that you hear his name is being his own manager and holding off on some “highly priced” contract to feeling the heat from the backup QB.  😆 

12 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

I may be wrong, but I feel like the Bengals entire playoff run was just a fortunate string of events.

That's not to say Burrow isn't good, he is. Although, I don't think as highly as some do of him by far.

See my above pot

I thought his Hubris would catch him in Jan / Feb but it didn’t. 

We’ve all seen it time and again — Having a gunslinger may be great, but you need more than just that.  

Ask Marino, Favre, Dalton, 

No Fear When Throwing (excludes Aaron)

12 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Of course since I posted this he will win 9 SBs and 10 league MVPs, but that's the breaks.

You son of a B word 

On 6/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, ScottLaw said:

Still think it’s the Chiefs. Maybe Broncos or Chargers…. And could see the Ravens being one of the better AFC teams. 

I’m going to be really interested to watch the Chiefs this year.  Hill is a big loss, I don’t  think people give him enough credit for their success.  I don’t like the guy, but he’s an absolute game changer even if he doesn’t touch the ball.  I wonder if we won’t see more “Bad Pat” this year as he gets frustrated.

On 6/16/2022 at 2:53 AM, Doc Brown said:

Contenders in order: Bills, Chargers, Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals, Broncos, Colts

Prenders in order:  Raiders, Dolphins, Titans, Browns (assuming they go with Brissett).  

Living off reputation:  Patriots, Steelers

Last year was darkest before the dawn:  Jaguars, Jets

LOL:  Texans

Generally agree but I'd put Bengals in 3rd or 4th contender position (or better) - They are a fairly well rounded, if not a spectacular, team.  It is easy to look over them but I think they're the real deal.  There are many very good teams in the AFC, which kind of sucks!  

I wonder.. being the final game may mean it will have nothing to do with playoff seedings. That would suck cuz neither team wants to get anyone injured, so scrubs will play. It’s risky having marquee games at the bd -ESPECIALLY if the 2 teams are likely to meet in the postseason 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.