Feeling like Bengals might be "Top Opponent" this year

Billsfanatixs

I hate being the guy(feel dirty, like im pats fan), assuming that the Bill's are great and there are 1 or 2 maybe, that compete))Feeling like Bengals might be "Top Opponent" this year.

If they can improve that horratious O-Line, i just wanna say, how many times, can a "Joe" named QB not won the superbowl. Bengals will be there, to deal with in playoffs, unless Joe gets hurt.

Hate him cuz hes not on the Bills and ill take Josh 70% of the time. GO BILLS!

Trade mark on "Horatious" and "Hereditory"

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfanatixs said:

I hate being the guy(feel dirty, like im pats fan), assuming that the Bill's are great and there are 1 or 2 maybe, that compete))Feeling like Bengals might be "Top Opponent" this year.

If they can improve that horratious O-Line, i just wanna say, how many times, can a "Joe" named QB not won the superbowl. Bengals will be there, to deal with in playoffs, unless Joe gets hurt.

Like Josh “70% of the time”? What? 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Two things: 1- I’ll take Josh 100% of the time, every time. 2 - Did you even watch the SB?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think its the Colts. I still remember that beat down they put on the Bills last year. Great OL, JT, a tough defense. If Matt Ryan has anything left in the tank then they will be really tough to beat. I think the North and West will beat each other up. I have a feeling the #1 seed will be between the Bills and Colts. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Bengals had some crazy luck (?) on their side last year. Chase is awesome, but some of the desperation heaves are just not sustainable. They barely won 5-6 games including all of their playoff wins. Their kicker won the games for them. I don't think they repeat last year - and their schedule is ridiculously tough this year. They end the year with: Tennessee, KC, Cleveland, TB, NE, Buf, Balt.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I think its the Colts. I still remember that beat down they put on the Bills last year. Great OL, JT, a tough defense. If Matt Ryan has anything left in the tank then they will be really tough to beat. I think the North and West will beat each other up. I have a feeling the #1 seed will be between the Bills and Colts. 

Not to mention the coach. Reich is McDermott's theoretical evil twin. He's got hair, offensively aggressive, and likes to roll the dice. I'm not so sure if we didn't "take a chance" on him instead of Rex Ryan, we wouldn't be in a similar position atop the AFC by this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Not to mention the coach. Reich is McDermott's theoretical evil twin. He's got hair, offensively aggressive, and likes to roll the dice. I'm not so sure if we didn't "take a chance" on him instead of Rex Ryan, we wouldn't be in a similar position atop the AFC by this point. 

Even the WC game the Bills won against them it felt like the Colts controlled a lot of the play that day. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Colts with an old Matt Ryan? Not a chance.

That's why I mentioned if Ryan has anything left in the tank. They are a good team who have a good chance to win the South as their only competition is the Titans.

Lots of good teams in the AFC.  I don’t think there will be one “top opponent”.  The top opponent will be the one we face in the AFCCG if we make it.  Could be one of 6-7 teams imo.  

not one person thought the Bengals was pulse been playing in the SB last year.  Could be a different team in their place this year.

chiefs

chargers

broncos

raiders (very slight chance)

ravens

bengals

colts

titans (very slight chance)

all have a hope imo.  

Maybe even the browns if the nfl clown show would rather make more money with watson on the field.  

• Like (+1) 1

The one thing I will say is I really hope the Bills can get the #1 seed. We have seen them fail on the road with McDermott (0-4 overall in the playoffs) to many times. The Bills will obviously lose some games as all teams do but they can't have a "Jacksonville" loss this year. Need that #1 seed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don't think we know who the top opponent will be this year. 

The AFC is going to be an absolute gauntlet. 

The Chargers are going to be right there with Herbert in Year 3 now, of course the Chiefs, the Broncos now have Wilson, the Raiders have been aggressive, people have mentioned the Colts, then the North with a healthy Baltimore and Cincinnati. 

And that's assuming the Titans decline, Jacksonville/Lawrence doesn't take a large step forward, the Steelers decline and the Browns never get off the ground. 

Although the Chargers have a poor reputation for actually delivering on hype, I would think they are set to improve this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

The problem is, Matt Ryan’s tank is empty. The Colts are tough, though…very fortunate to find suckers to take Carson Wentz off their hands…

20 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I was thoroughly unimpressed with the Bengals last year. Especially in the postseason. A lot of luck spun their way. They remind me more of the 2019 Jags (went to AFC Championship game) than a true contender.

They are better than the Jags, particular at QB, but thats a good comparison 

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lots of good teams in the AFC.  I don’t think there will be one “top opponent”.  The top opponent will be the one we face in the AFCCG if we make it.  Could be one of 6-7 teams imo.  

not one person thought the Bengals was pulse been playing in the SB last year.  Could be a different team in their place this year.

chiefs

chargers

broncos

raiders (very slight chance)

ravens

bengals

colts

titans (very slight chance)

all have a hope imo.  

Maybe even the browns if the nfl clown show would rather make more money with watson on the field.  

The AFC is a gauntlet. The next team up is the top opponent. Every week. Did we learn nothing from the Jags game last year? 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.