Bills minicamp Day 1 &2 observations: James Cook flashes in pass game

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

An overrated “need” by Bills fans… Only way I see Austin making the team is if they cut Kumerow for him.

They need someone with reliable hands and decision making like Hyde but who can be a threat to improve the the field position on a semi regular basis.  Hyde is too valuable at safety to have him taking kick return hits.  An improvement there is easier talk about than find, imo.  That one klutzy KOR by McKenzie vs. the Colts where he stumbled, fell and fumbled without being touched seemed to spook McDermott.  I think the stumble happened due to the crown of the field as Isaiah suddenly started heading "uphill."  That was my thought at the time. 

Isaiah Tackled by a Ghost

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Both McKenzie and Austin will be on the roster. We are likely keeping 7WRs. 

Diggs

Davis

Crowder

McKenzie

Austin

Shakir

Hodgins/Kumerow 

If they keep 7, I agree. But we don't usually keep 7.

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

If they keep 7, I agree. But we don't usually keep 7.

I think we go with the same mindset as last year when we kept 7. As much as I like McKenzie, Austin is a better punt returner. I’m the even that we only keep 7, that would likely mean a cut between McKenzie, Crowder,’and Shakir. Because I’m not sure either of those guys can play ST as well as Kumerow, but maybe I’m wrong. Those 3 WRs are just to good to cut. Which is why I think we roll with 7. 

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Austin has raked in 4 TDs already. 

Oh geez...I'm also thirsting for as much Bills news as possible, but when you start quoting "stats" with guys wearing helmets and shorts I really have to draw the line.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

Oh geez...I'm also thirsting for as much Bills news as possible, but when you start quoting "stats" with guys wearing helmets and shorts I really have to draw the line.

I agree, but I thought it was note worthy. Nobody else was doing that, so it stood out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I agree, but I thought it was note worthy. Nobody else was doing that, so it stood out. 

Best news to come out of any OTA/minicamp:  nobody got hurt.  That's about it.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s the same with people crapping on Hodgins. By all accounts, Austin and Hodgins stock has been up. Austin has raked in 4 TDs already. 

I'm eh on Hodgins he's been good in the offseason before but can't get through it healthy and get on the field in the season.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Best news to come out of any OTA/minicamp:  nobody got hurt.  That's about it.

If it was Davis had 4 TDs, the narrative would be he’s going to destroy the league this year and everyone would be clapping for it. I’m just giving credit where credit is due. 

I mean, why didn’t Shakir have 4 TDs, afterall it’s basically meaningless and everyone should be doing it. Right? 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If it was Davis had 4 TDs, the narrative would be he’s going to destroy the league this year and everyone would be clapping for it. I’m just giving credit where credit is due. 

I mean, why didn’t Shakir have 4 TDs, afterall it’s basically meaningless and everyone should be doing it. Right? 

Calm down, Francis.  Just bustin' your chops.

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I have to disagree here. Couple reasons, one being if it was Davis (or Diggs etc) with 4 TD's in this situation it wouldn't be any different. It's basically nothing to start getting excited about or anything like that. I mean it's just exercise time pretty much. Also it's known what Davis brings to the table at this point. 

As other poster stated, best news is no fluke injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Dude you can NOT be serious with quote?!?!?!?  They NEED a returner...it isn't overrated and the coaching staff is more than aware they NEED a returner.  Step away from the crack man....it ain't a good look on you.

Scott's hoping Austin doesn't make the team so he can continue to say they did nothing on offense.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.