Bills minicamp Day 1 &2 observations: James Cook flashes in pass game

Bills minicamp Day 1 observations: James Cook flashes in pass game

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2022/06/buffalo-bills-minicamp-day-1-observations-james-cook-flashes-in-pass-game-jordan-poyer-practices-in-full.html

Jordan Poyer practices in full

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Listening in to the pod now.  Shout podcast.  Cook looks like a different guy with how he moves.  Main play that stood out was vs Milano.  Austin is more than a camp body.  

26 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

So is Tre White practicing??

No.  No major update until camp.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Listening in to the pod now.  Shout podcast.  Cook looks like a different guy with how he moves.  Main play that stood out was vs Milano.  Austin is more than a camp body.  

No.  No major update until camp.  

Sal Capaccio said the first day of rookie Minichamps that you can see a clear difference in James Cook than our other RBs

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Bills minicamp Day 1 observations: James Cook flashes in pass game

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2022/06/buffalo-bills-minicamp-day-1-observations-james-cook-flashes-in-pass-game-jordan-poyer-practices-in-full.html

Jordan Poyer practices in full

Okay what's with he waving of the hands what exactly does that do for them i see WR's do that to i mean if your going to try to simulate running then use your legs & run in place especially for the dang money they make !! 

But to just move your hands in similar fashion as if you are running ???? I don't see what if anything that does . 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Austin will be lucky to make the roster…

why lucky?  couldnt he just be the best punt returner?  he also has more outside experience than mckenzie.  i would like more depth there.  i have austin with higher odds of making the roster than stevenson and mckenzie at the moment (though him and lil dirty are close)

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It's basically between him and McKenzie. Austin has more punt return experience and more production as a wide receiver.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I 100% guarantee he will be on the final roster. Sig it. His speed is a needed option and he’s proving great results already. 

1 minute ago, MJS said:

It's basically between him and McKenzie. Austin has more punt return experience and more production as a wide receiver.

Both McKenzie and Austin will be on the roster. We are likely keeping 7WRs. 

Diggs

Davis

Crowder

McKenzie

Austin

Shakir

Hodgins/Kumerow 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 8

For those that didn't click on the article

1. James Cook looks the part, but time will tell

It was a mostly quiet Organized Team Activities (OTAs) for Cook, but he got a few chances with the ball in his hands on Tuesday and looked explosive. The first came during 7-on-7 when he got separation against Matt Milano and hauled in a pass from Josh Allen. Then during 11-on-11, Cook made one of the most noteworthy plays of the day. He caught a short pass from Allen and got behind offensive linemen Greg Mantz out in space and turned it up a few gears. The play made you envision what it’s going to look like when he’s in that situation against opposing defenses. His speed looks different out of the backfield.

His speed didn't look different to me at all.  The same guy I've been watching all season at Georgia.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/15/2022 at 12:48 PM, ScottLaw said:

An overrated “need” by Bills fans… Only way I see Austin making the team is if they cut Kumerow for him.

Dude you can NOT be serious with this quote?!?!?!?  They NEED a returner...it isn't overrated and the coaching staff is more than aware they NEED a returner.  Step away from the crack man....it ain't a good look on you.

Edited by Kwai San
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 4

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Sal Capaccio said the first day of rookie Minichamps that you can see a clear difference in James Cook than our other RBs

I really hope this kid is a beast. I've got so used to the rhetoric about him being more of a pass weapon that I'm focussed mainly on that. If he turns out to be a big weapon on the ground as well just imagine how much more that will benefit Allen and the offense

Edited by RobbRiddick
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.