With the 32nd pick in the 2023 NFL the Super Bowl Champion Buffalo Bills select....

wagne591

3 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I think Safety is a likely choice because Poyer and Hyde are both on the wrong side of 30 and their backups are untested late-round picks. The safety position is extremely important in our defense and we need to have elite talent on the back end.

But Hyde was a third rounder and Poyer was a seventh…. The good teams get players that weren’t drafted high and they are good.

It is imperative for the better teams to stay better…. The Bills have a lot of young guys in the secondary this year. Maybe a couple of them can play safety to our requirements?

Were going to find out anyway… Along the same thinking, IThink this is Milano’s last season as a Bill. It depends how his contract works. If the Bills can get out of it at the end of this year it sez here we will. We’ll use his money to pay other players like Knox, Davis and Tremaine. 

5 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

Bills fans will be evenly split in two on this topic:

1. ...someone that will still make people gripe to no end despite hoisting the Lombardi Trophy a mere 2 months earlier
  2. ...WHO CARES WE JUST WON THE F***ING SUPER BOWL!!!!

Firmly place me in Category #2.  They could draft humpty freaking dumpty and I will die a happy man!

On 6/14/2022 at 3:09 PM, BigAl2526 said:

A couple sources rate him a first round pick.  Most rate him going in the second or third round.  He's fast but undersized.  He's likely to fill the same role as James Cook is projected to fill.  He's a little faster than Cook, but Cook has enough speed to stay ahead of most DBs once he gets deep.  Cook is rated a good blocker and has elite receiving skills.  Achane is regarded as a poor blocker.  

NFLDraftBuzz projects Achane to run a 4.4 40.  Cook ran a 4.42 at the combine.  He's two inches taller and 5 lbs heavier.  If the Bills draft any RB in the 2023 draft, it's far more likely to be a day three pick that weighs 215 or better and is known for short yardage power.

But I thought you don’t draft a RB in the first round 🤔

On 6/14/2022 at 3:09 PM, BigAl2526 said:

If the Bills draft any RB in the 2023 draft, it's far more likely to be a day three pick that weighs 215 or better and is known for short yardage power.

If Bijan Robinson enters the draft and he’s sitting there at 32, the Bills can’t pass on the opportunity 

On 6/16/2022 at 9:16 AM, Solomon Grundy said:

But I thought you don’t draft a RB in the first round 🤔

If Bijan Robinson enters the draft and he’s sitting there at 32, the Bills can’t pass on the opportunity 

I wouldn't rule it out.  Robinson is a consensus first round pick, unlike Achane.  Some observers think he's a top 10 pick.  If Robinson lasts 'til the end of the first round, it would be hard to argue against him as the BPA.  

On 6/14/2022 at 6:20 PM, billybrew1 said:

But Hyde was a third rounder and Poyer was a seventh…. The good teams get players that weren’t drafted high and they are good.

It is imperative for the better teams to stay better…. The Bills have a lot of young guys in the secondary this year. Maybe a couple of them can play safety to our requirements?

Were going to find out anyway… Along the same thinking, IThink this is Milano’s last season as a Bill. It depends how his contract works. If the Bills can get out of it at the end of this year it sez here we will. We’ll use his money to pay other players like Knox, Davis and Tremaine. 

It sez here we wont. No need to with a cap increase. It also sez here we let Tremaine walk.

On 6/14/2022 at 11:20 PM, billybrew1 said:

Were going to find out anyway… Along the same thinking, I Think this is Milano’s last season as a Bill. It depends how his contract works. If the Bills can get out of it at the end of this year it sez here we will. We’ll use his money to pay other players like Knox, Davis and Tremaine. 

Before his restructure I would have agreed with you. Costs over $8.5m in dead cap to get out after this year, which is doable but you only really get out of a contract for a hit like that if the player is no longer performing or is not healthy. $3.9m of that $8.5m is restructure bonus. So had they not done that then it would have been just over $4m to get out. I don't think they'd have kicked the can this spring unless they were pretty confident Milano would still be on the team in 2023. That said $2.5m of his restructure bonus is guaranteed dead money on dummy years anyway. I think he is very likely here in 2023 but gone after 2023. 

On 6/14/2022 at 1:40 PM, wagne591 said:

Devon Achane RB Texas A&M.  We have been looking for a speed back that can take it to the house.  This is the man has elite speed that you can't teach...  

and it translates to the football field

he had 118 yards rushing in the forth quarter when the defense was tired and his speed shined.  This guy is a stud.  He can also return kicks

all done!!

Unless cook is bust its never happening, also never draft a RB in the first unless he is the freak of all freaks.

So here is a 2 rd draft from Pro Football Network

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-c-j-stroud-bryce-young-mark-new-eras-for-franchises/

Bills pick 32nd which means....!!! But a surprise position

32) Buffalo Bills: Jaquelin Roy, DT, LSU

The Bills’ interior rotation is strengthening with the additions of DaQuan Jones and Tim Settle. Why not make it even stronger by adding LSU’s Jaquelin Roy to the equation? Roy, who’s listed at 6’3″, 315 pounds, profiles as an excellent pass-rushing threat alongside Ed Oliver. He turned things on late in the 2021 season, using his explosiveness, lateral agility, and violent hands to consistently disrupt up the middle. Another year could be all he needs to fully emerge.

RD 2

64) Buffalo Bills
Christian Mahogany, G, Boston College

So OG makes sense to me but not DT in Rd 1. 

Btw these sound like made up stripper names. 

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/14/2022 at 4:00 PM, Augie said:

It is BRUTAL right now. And that’s from someone who likes summer. We were supposed to see Steely Dan at Chastain Park Amphitheater tonight, but the wife is in NYC so tix went to friends. Wife currently trying to get earlier flight, but we will NOT be asking for the tix back and the right to sit outside in this heat.  

As for this thread, sure, I’d love the uproar that would come with a first round running back! That’s always entertaining to consider! The outrage is hysterical! 

Actually the weather for the concert was tolerable  (and this from someone who can't take high temps) because the humidity wasn't that high. And the water. And the booze. And the music.

I'm guessing should the Bills win the SB and have the 32nd pick, they will trade it for multiple draft picks 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/14/2022 at 7:40 PM, wagne591 said:

Devon Achane RB Texas A&M.  We have been looking for a speed back that can take it to the house.  This is the man has elite speed that you can't teach...  

and it translates to the football field

he had 118 yards rushing in the forth quarter when the defense was tired and his speed shined.  This guy is a stud.  He can also return kicks

all done!!

We already drafted an undersized RB this year lol who hasn’t even stepped on the field yet.  RB could be in play if they don’t resign Devin, but I would expect it would be more a feature style RB than another undersized one.

I think it will most likely will be OL IMHO, probably a guard or Center.

But the fate of Edmunds, Poyer, and Devin will be a big factor too in who is in play for us in the first.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/14/2022 at 3:47 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

I get what you're saying, but both of our safeties were already good players for 4 years with their original teams, so I can't really credit the Bills staff entirely for their development.

Jaquan has at least similar experience to what Poyer had before arriving.

23 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Jaquan has at least similar experience to what Poyer had before arriving.

Poyer had 10 starts over the previous two seasons and would have been more but for injury. I like Jaquan, he is a baller, but he has 1 start in three seasons. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.