With the 32nd pick in the 2023 NFL the Super Bowl Champion Buffalo Bills select....

wagne591

Devon Achane RB Texas A&M.  We have been looking for a speed back that can take it to the house.  This is the man has elite speed that you can't teach...  

and it translates to the football field

he had 118 yards rushing in the forth quarter when the defense was tired and his speed shined.  This guy is a stud.  He can also return kicks

all done!!

Edited by wagne591
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 2

22 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Bills fans will be evenly split in two on this topic:

1. ...someone that will still make people gripe to no end despite hoisting the Lombardi Trophy a mere 2 months earlier
  2. ...WHO CARES WE JUST WON THE F***ING SUPER BOWL!!!!

Exactly….after finally lifting the trophy, we go into full rebuilding mode. 😂

A couple sources rate him a first round pick.  Most rate him going in the second or third round.  He's fast but undersized.  He's likely to fill the same role as James Cook is projected to fill.  He's a little faster than Cook, but Cook has enough speed to stay ahead of most DBs once he gets deep.  Cook is rated a good blocker and has elite receiving skills.  Achane is regarded as a poor blocker.  

NFLDraftBuzz projects Achane to run a 4.4 40.  Cook ran a 4.42 at the combine.  He's two inches taller and 5 lbs heavier.  If the Bills draft any RB in the 2023 draft, it's far more likely to be a day three pick that weighs 215 or better and is known for short yardage power.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I think Safety is a likely choice because Poyer and Hyde are both on the wrong side of 30 and their backups are untested late-round picks. The safety position is extremely important in our defense and we need to have elite talent on the back end.

As it relates to bolded area.

Hyde had some versatile experience playing CB, slot and Big Safety for GB before coming to BUF and was unproven as a safety.  He was in fact a late 5th rd pick in 2013.

Poyer was a 7th Rd draft pick in  2013 by Eagles, cut and picked up by CLE in same year.  He was unproven as only 10 starts in 4 years.  

I trust the Bills staff in developing DBs for their system and believe Hamlin or Johnson could step in if needed this year.

1 hour ago, wagne591 said:

Devon Achane RB Texas A&M.  We have been looking for a speed back that can take it to the house.  This is the man has elite speed that you can't teach...  

and it translates to the football field

he had 118 yards rushing in the forth quarter when the defense was tired and his speed shined.  This guy is a stud.  He can also return kicks

all done!!

Meh…The Bills have to draft the more important positions…. The lines for example….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

As it relates to bolded area.

Hyde had some versatile experience playing CB, slot and Big Safety for GB before coming to BUF and was unproven as a safety.  He was in fact a late 5th rd pick in 2013.

Poyer was a 7th Rd draft pick in  2013 by Eagles, cut and picked up by CLE in same year.  He was unproven as only 10 starts in 4 years.  

I trust the Bills staff in developing DBs for their system and believe Hamlin or Johnson could step in if needed this year.

I get what you're saying, but both of our safeties were already good players for 4 years with their original teams, so I can't really credit the Bills staff entirely for their development.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

BWord.  I want fall.  This is going to be the next two weeks in Atlanta.

It is BRUTAL right now. And that’s from someone who likes summer. We were supposed to see Steely Dan at Chastain Park Amphitheater tonight, but the wife is in NYC so tix went to friends. Wife currently trying to get earlier flight, but we will NOT be asking for the tix back and the right to sit outside in this heat.  

As for this thread, sure, I’d love the uproar that would come with a first round running back! That’s always entertaining to consider! The outrage is hysterical! 

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

It is BRUTAL right now. And that’s from someone who likes summer. We were supposed to see Steely Dan at Chastain Park Amphitheater tonight, but the wife is in NYC so tix went to friends. Wife currently trying to get earlier flight, but we will NOT be asking for the tix back and the right to sit outside in this heat.  

As for this thread, sure, I’d love the uproar that would come with a first round running back! That’s always entertaining to consider! The outrage is hysterical! 

How come I wasn't invited to Steely Dan?  I like 3 of their songs 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How come I wasn't invited to Steely Dan?  I like 3 of their songs 

Those 3 are not on the playlist tonight. Just like Van Morrison playing his good but most obscure music a couple months ago. 

2 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I get what you're saying, but both of our safeties were already good players for 4 years with their original teams, so I can't really credit the Bills staff entirely for their development.

I might agree on Hyde being a good player as 33 starts and 8 INTs over 4 years in GB.  But Poyer was a truly unknown and unproven player in CLE.  10 starts and 2 INTs in 4 years does not make him a good player in my book.

Love your avatar btw

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.