Baker Mayfield to Carolina rumors heating up...

eball

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Our 3 rivals qualify as QB needy teams. He would be an upgrade over Tua, Jones, and Wilson. If the fish had a QB they could challenge the Bills as their roster is pretty good.

I have thanked the stars multiple times for not putting Allen on the Patriots***. That would be seriously depressing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/14/2022 at 8:53 PM, SCBills said:

They have to move Baker regardless.  

Baker won’t play for them, and even if he did.. as weird as it sounds.. the Browns can’t risk having a good season with Baker.  

Actually, I was kind of hoping for this scenario.

It would be awesome if Baker did play and played well.  I would laugh and laugh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/20/2022 at 2:30 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Actually, I was kind of hoping for this scenario.

It would be awesome if Baker did play and played well.  I would laugh and laugh.

I'd laugh harder if Mayfield had that good year with an NFC team.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Darnold sucks. The best thing Joe Douglas ever did was get a 2nd rounder for him. Beane level trading 

I agree he currently sucks.  It takes longer to recover from pounding he got as a JEST and it takes time to unlearn everything he learned.

This made it a bad deal for Carolina.  Darnold needs to be backup on a team with a good coaching staff and some work during off season as well.

Sorry but Bills slots are full unless he wants to sign on practice squad.

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I agree he currently sucks.  It takes longer to recover from pounding he got as a JEST and it takes time to unlearn everything he learned.

This made it a bad deal for Carolina.  Darnold needs to be backup on a team with a good coaching staff and some work during off season as well.

Sorry but Bills slots are full unless he wants to sign on practice squad.

Darnold was the one QB from the 2018 draft that I absolutely didn't want the Bills to draft because his college game had a couple of big red flags despite his stats and publicity: he checked down too often and he threw stupid INTs with regularity. He has done the same with the Jests and with the Panthers.  I suspect that he doesn't see the field as well as he needs to in order to be a good NFL QB, so he not only doesn't see open receivers, he too frequently doesn't see defenders.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Darnold was the one QB from the 2018 draft that I absolutely didn't want the Bills to draft because his college game had a couple of big red flags despite his stats and publicity: he checked down too often and he threw stupid INTs with regularity. He has done the same with the Jests and with the Panthers.  I suspect that he doesn't see the field as well as he needs to in order to be a good NFL QB, so he not only doesn't see open receivers, he too frequently doesn't see defenders.

Darnold is a "can do" QB. meaning he can make all the throws and looks the part. But he is extremely careless with the football and that hasn't changed since his rookie year. His first throw was an across the body pick 6!

Darnold is awful. Jets were really smart to move on. Whether or not Wilson works out is another story, but people loved to bash on Gase (and not without merit) but Darnold did himself no favors

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Darnold is a "can do" QB. meaning he can make all the throws and looks the part. But he is extremely careless with the football and that hasn't changed since his rookie year. His first throw was an across the body pick 6!

Darnold is awful. Jets were really smart to move on. Whether or not Wilson works out is another story, but people loved to bash on Gase (and not without merit) but Darnold did himself no favors

I agree.   I remember that pick six -- it was just like so many of his picks in college.  Whether carelessness or poor vision, Darnold isn't good enough to be a NFL QB not only because the talent level in NFL is much higher than in college, but also because the talent between the best teams and the worst teams is miniscule compared to the talent differences between top collegiate teams and bottom collegiate teams.   There are no Ball States or Western Michigans or UBs for the top tier teams to fatten up on in the NFL.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Slow eyes?  I know them well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.