Baker Mayfield to Carolina rumors heating up...

eball

Good for Baker if true. He is miles better than Darnold, and Cleveland is a disaster of a franchise. 

Baker could very well become an established starter there and as an added bonus maybe get Tommy an extra loss this season vs. 2 guaranteed wins. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

And they’d still need one if they had Darnold

Cleveland needs to dump salary. They are better off rolling with Brisset for a year than taking in Darnold 

Remember last year when Darnold beat the Jets and the media was like “He’s back!”

I look forward to that storyline 

The Browns have the most cap space in the league.

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Always liked Baker, Panthers are a more stable organization than Browns for sure. 

I wonder if they’d release Darnold? 

If released, I wonder if Beane would be tempted to add another one of Josh’s besties. 

I sure hope not,  Sam may be a great guy, but is not who i would want to see playing QB for the Bills ever, and I mean ever, he has shown he lacks the capacity to be a pro level QB, hell, Tua is better than Darnold, and he sucks at being a pro QB, 

I actually still have a lot of faith in Mayfield and think he can become a decent QB. I love his fire and competitive nature. He’s a tough dude that gutted it out playing w/ an injury so naturally it affected his play. I think he got completely screwed by Cleveland and I hope he succeeds and I hope Watson crashes & burns. I always said I’d root for the Browns if the Bills ever got relocated. Now I hate that franchise w/ a passion and I hope they go winless this season. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I’m sure this 2018 first round QB will work out better for Carolina 

Wish Baker would accept less money and be a back up to Allen. I know it will never happen but what a great insurance policy it would be for the Bills! Also, he could push Allen to be even better. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

And they’d still need one if they had Darnold

Cleveland needs to dump salary. They are better off rolling with Brisset for a year than taking in Darnold 

Remember last year when Darnold beat the Jets and the media was like “He’s back!”

I look forward to that storyline 

That's a cluster of epic proportions choosing between Brissett or Darnold.  Brissett is lousy.  Not Cam Newton lousy.  But not a whole lot better.  And Darnold is right down there between both of them.  Cleveland is just a mess.  If I am a fan, I am just shaking my head.  I wonder if and when Desean Watson ever sees the field again.  I very much doubt it will be this year.  Don't know what they were thinking making that kind of a trade and giving $230 million guaranteed.  And then trading Case Keenum to us for a 7th. 

Didn't their GM used to do analytics for the New York Mets?  Maybe he should have stuck w baseball.  

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Just watch out there isn't some mutual secret agreement that has the Bills covering some of his salary.  That Buffalo / Carolina pipeline can be a bit too 'simpatico'. 🤨

WTH are you thinking? Not only acaibst NFL policies but just plain dumb to help pay for another team's QB

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Always liked Baker, Panthers are a more stable organization than Browns for sure. 

If released, I wonder if Beane would be tempted to add another one of Josh’s besties. 

First of all,Bills would not be able to pay him what he would demand.  Unless Darnold looks at it like Trubisky did last year,an opportunity to recharge. But then what about Keenum? Personally Id like to see the Bills add a young QB to groom, to maintain continuity.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Wonder if they just swap Darnold and Baker? Cleveland needs a qb. 

That seems so simple and logical.  But how unhappy would Darnold  be if he doesnt get a starting opportunity?

21 minutes ago, Georgie said:

First of all,Bills would not be able to pay him what he would demand.  Unless Darnold looks at it like Trubisky did last year,an opportunity to recharge. But then what about Keenum? Personally Id like to see the Bills add a young QB to groom, to maintain continuity.

That seems so simple and logical.  But how unhappy would Darnold  be if he doesnt get a starting opportunity?

Well he'd just have to beat out Brissett. Cle has a fantastic o line, run game, weapons at wr and tight end etc. It would easily be the best team he's been on and the best o line he's ever had.  Not saying he's gonna turn it around like tannehill but maybe he could be a high end backup. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

There is absolutely no reason to believe that Sam Darnold is better than Case Keenum, especially as a backup.  

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

There is absolutely no reason to believe that Sam Darnold is better than Case Keenum, especially as a backup.  

It's hard to get excited about either. Darnold is a turnover machine which is a disaster for your back up QB. Keenum is just well a decent back up and system guy. I'd definitely lean towards Keenum. 

I could see this as good fit for Mayfield especially if CMC can ever stay healthy for an entire season again.

But you do wonder what Cleveland is asking for in return because since they have no leverage I'm guessing Carolina or anybody else possibly interested is not giving up anything more than a late round pick even if Mayfield is probably worth a bit more.

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Just watch out there isn't some mutual secret agreement that has the Bills covering some of his salary.  That Buffalo / Carolina pipeline can be a bit too 'simpatico'. 🤨

Right? It’s incredible what some players will do just to get a ring! 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I could see this as good fit for Mayfield especially if CMC can ever stay healthy for an entire season again.

But you do wonder what Cleveland is asking for in return because since they have no leverage I'm guessing Carolina or anybody else possibly interested is not giving up anything more than a late round pick even if Mayfield is probably worth a bit more.

I think the toughest thing is Baker's salary for this season as the Browns will have to eat some of it as not sure any team could take it all on. 

Edited by The Jokeman

10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I think the toughest think is Baker's salary for this season as the Browns will have to eat some of it as not sure any team could take it all on. 

Mayfield is only making $19M this year. There are 7 teams with more than that in cap space. Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders, Bears, Panthers, Browns, Giants.

Seahawks arent far away from $19M either and could probably make it happen if they wanted as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.