Kim Pegula is receiving medical care

Buffalo_Stampede

19 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Fact there has been zero update or tweet from Kim is concerning. Hopefully she’s ok! 

No kidding.  The original tweet was Tuesday around 10:30am, we're now 5 full days from that point.  We can only assume it's another 5 days in ICU as there has been no update.  Sure hope we hear some good news soon.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

On 6/16/2022 at 6:08 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

Has anything specific been released on her condition?

Seems wrong to speculate if not.

I don’t really feel it’s a matter of right or wrong...speculating is just a natural behavior human beings do when they don’t know the answer to something...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

52 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

No kidding.  The original tweet was Tuesday around 10:30am, we're now 5 full days from that point.  We can only assume it's another 5 days in ICU as there has been no update.  Sure hope we hear some good news soon.

Up to nine full days imo. See my page 3 post

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'll ask: what does kidney cleansing have to do with BP? I'm NOT asking about your personal results while using a specific product, to be clear (anecdotal evidence is flimsy especially with one-offs). I'm asking if there are clinically studied benefits of such products with respect to blood pressure. And I'm not asking to be a jerk.

I don’t know about the product, but I teach physiology and proper kidney function is critical to BP.  If the kidneys are not functioning properly you don’t regulate fluid volumes in the body properly.  You then have more fluid in your blood vessels which raises BP.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I don’t know about the product, but I teach physiology and proper kidney function is critical to BP.  If the kidneys are not functioning properly you don’t regulate fluid volumes in the body properly.  You then have more fluid in your blood vessels which raises BP.

:wallbash:

10 minutes ago, Beerball said:

:wallbash:

Look.  If you want to deny medical knowledge go ahead.  But your kidneys are critical to regulating blood pressure, it’s that simple.  Whether the product this guy talked about works or not is unknown.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Look.  If you want to deny medical knowledge go ahead.  But your kidneys are critical to regulating blood pressure, it’s that simple.  Whether the product this guy talked about works or not is unknown.

look at the thread title and tell me what your statement has to do with that

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Beerball said:

look at the thread title and tell me what your statement has to do with that

I was commenting on the guy talking about his kidney treatment, which you objected to.  None of us know right now what the problem is with Kim.  We of course are all rooting for a swift recovery.

• Dislike 1

11 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'll ask: what does kidney cleansing have to do with BP? I'm NOT asking about your personal results while using a specific product, to be clear (anecdotal evidence is flimsy especially with one-offs). I'm asking if there are clinically studied benefits of such products with respect to blood pressure. And I'm not asking to be a jerk.

Kidneys don't need to be "cleansed" and "clean kidneys" have nothing to do with BP control.

Renal renin-angiotensin hormonal regulation of BP is one way the body regulates systemic BP.  No cleaning necessary.

• Like (+1) 2

Can we not argue about some guy taking a supplement of cranberry, ginko, juniper and marshmallow root and lowering his blood pressure on a Bills forum and thread about the owners health?

Not relevant. If it helped him great. Most supplements are scams and unregulated and you never know what you are really getting. Talk to your doctor about your healthcare. 

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Kidneys don't need to be "cleansed" and "clean kidneys" have nothing to do with BP control.

Renal renin-angiotensin hormonal regulation of BP is one way the body regulates systemic BP.  No cleaning necessary.

I think the non-medical person is using cleaning for healthy.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:37 PM, djp14150 said:

ICU care can occur when…

1. post surgery 24/7 observation

2. other conditions that require 24/7 observation because of potential medical risks

3. post infection observation

4. Covid and other diseases that might require immediate care

hospital staffing is tied to ICU.  Certain departments have a staff member 24/7 where their first responsibility is to an ICU call.

ive been in the ICU 3 times as an adult. One post surgery fir 24 hrs and the other two times for a perforated lung.

Not quite correct. ICU is not for "observation." There are specific criteria that a patient needs to meet to be transferred to a critical care unit. We don't take patients for "observation." 

Also, your staffing comment is incorrect. Hospital staffing is tied to EVERY department. The medical floors do not have staff specially assigned for whatever an ICU call is. I think what you are referring to is whats called an RRT (Rapid Response Team). Hospitals due staff a crisis RN 24/7 typically to respond to RRT's. RRT's typically consist of an ICU Dr that is taking the calls from that shift, an RT, and the crisis RN. Depending on the hospital size, depends on how many crisis RN's are on staff.

Edited by Herc11
  • Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Last time I was in ICU for t days was with Sepsis. Regardless of what is going on.....wish her the best and a speedy and healthy recovery!

Amen 🙏🏻 to that !!!

On 6/18/2022 at 7:12 PM, AmishRifle said:

Thanks for this.  Your post just made me reschedule that appointment with the cardiologist that I had canceled last week.

Make sure you see an MD or a DO for your initial evaluation, not a PA or Nurse Practitioner.

With the continued bureacratization of medicine and the heavy presence of private equity, the business of medicine is destroying it. Docs are being replaced with NP’s and PA’s who are “supervised” by and MD/DO. It’s getting very scary out there.

That’s not to say there aren’t good NPs and PAs who are great in their role, but how does someone not in the field know what they are getting? Put it this way, you can get an online Doctorate in Nurse Practitioner with 500 hours of shadowing (that’s not even practicing) and practice independently in many states while calling yourself “Doctor”. An attending physician has a minimum  21,000 hours of clinical training (not shadowing) before practicing independently. A barber has 1500 hours of cutting hair under supervision, and a Pet Smart groomer has over 800 hours of grooming under supervision before they can cut your dog’s hair. 

Medicine is a business, you are the consumer. Know what you are paying for.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

Make sure you see an MD or a DO for your initial evaluation, not a PA or Nurse Practitioner.

With the continued bureacratization of medicine and the heavy presence of private equity, the business of medicine is destroying it. Docs are being replaced with NP’s and PA’s who are “supervised” by and MD/DO. It’s getting very scary out there.

That’s not to say there aren’t good NPs and PAs who are great in their role, but how does someone not in the field know what they are getting? Put it this way, you can get an online Doctorate in Nurse Practitioner with 500 hours of shadowing (that’s not even practicing) and practice independently in many states while calling yourself “Doctor”. An attending physician has a minimum  21,000 hours of clinical training (not shadowing) before practicing independently. A barber has 1500 hours of cutting hair under supervision, and a Pet Smart groomer has over 800 hours of grooming under supervision before they can cut your dog’s hair. 

Medicine is a business, you are the consumer. Know what you are paying for.

I go to my NP barber and get a hair cut and physical at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1