Kim Pegula is receiving medical care

Buffalo_Stampede

Hey John Wawrow, great story.  Thanks for the background information.

All of us on the board have experienced someone we love being sick - and many of us have experienced it being a sudden onset of a medical condition.

I pray for Kim's recovery, but also for Terry, Jessica, Kelly, Matt and Kim's stepchildren (Michael and Laura).  This has to be difficult even if it's, hopefully, a temporary scare.

Over the last few years, the Pegula's have become the "royal" family of Buffalo.  Its like our queen is ill and it makes me sad and sick.

https://apnews.com/article/buffalo-bills-nfl-sports-e90615cde16da4efa798a029f0d5c8ec

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Justin C said:

I saw both of them at the Bandits game last week and she looked to be okay. So whatever it is sounded sudden. Prayers to them.

She just had her birthday so it could be she had some regular checkups that detected some serious condition that required treatment that had her in the ICU.

So we don't know if it was a sudden event or if she has some other condition.  It seems like she's on the road to recovering and certainly pray that is the case.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Agree 1

It may well be they know it’s serious but don’t yet know enough and/or surgery results. I know for me, hard to tell anyone what was wrong or prognosis until my results and prognosis were at least somewhat clear by ME! 

“Boss, Having bad tummy ache” wasn’t a good status to my boss. “got my appendix removed” pretty damn crisp!

HIPPA laws preclude medical staff fro giving out any updates unless the patient other  designated health proxy say so. Doctors can lose their license for violating g that. When I had a stroke in 2014, they could only tell my mom my status (she was 2200 mikes away) and  two friends I designated them to tell before I had the stroke (they lived there).

I had a bp of 247/72 and had to be in the ER until about 10 PM waiting for a room in ICU. Had the stroke the next morning. Spent aboutt 5-7 days in ICU and then 2 weeks in regular ward and rehab before I flew back to Buffalo w/ my brother. Used a walker for  3 months. Now 8 years later fine except  geting dizzy if I look up a lot (like looking up in the tres in the forest).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Wacka said:

HIPPA laws preclude medical staff fro giving out any updates unless the patient other  designated health proxy say so. Doctors can lose their license for violating g that. When I had a stroke in 2014, they could only tell my mom my status (she was 2200 mikes away) and  two friends I designated them to tell before I had the stroke (they lived there).

I had a bp of 247/72 and had to be in the ER until about 10 PM waiting for a room in ICU. Had the stroke the next morning. Spent aboutt 5-7 days in ICU and then 2 weeks in regular ward and rehab before I flew back to Buffalo w/ my brother. Used a walker for  3 months. Now 8 years later fine except  geting dizzy if I look up a lot (like looking up in the tres in the forest).

Glad you got through that.  Awesome story of conquering adversity.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Wacka said:

Wow that is some crazy difference between your high and low, usually the bottom end is a lot higher if the top is too.

I have kidney disease and my BP can get up to 240/140 but ive brought it down with kidney cleaner and meds.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Wacka said:

Glad you are recovered. I have a friend who had a stroke recently and the scenario is similar with unexpected medical situation, time in ICU, progress noted, etc. I’m thinking this is what Kim *may* be going through. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Wow that is some crazy difference between your high and low, usually the bottom end is a lot higher if the top is too.

I have kidney disease and my BP can get up to 240/140 but ive brought it down with kidney cleaner and meds.

I only have had one kidney since I was 4 (1961) when it was removed because of a congenital  abnormality.  BP was fine until  when I had the strike and the docs told me the remaining one was down to 10% and I has=]d about a month or so before  it totally failing. Go to the nephrologist (in fact  Monday). My creatinine (a measure of kidney damage)was up to about 4 (6 is transplant or dialysis time) and it came backdown to 2 with BP meds(1 is normal most people)He said it will never be 1 but 2 is ok. It was up a hair  because of covid and nit getting the meds as much as I should, but now I am on Medicare and and taking meds religiously again,  so I will find if it is over on Monday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

One of the many pleasures of being a Bills fan is being a part of what has come to be called the Bills Mafia. One of our leaders is hurt, and as this thread shows, when one of us is hurting, we all are hurting. Get Well Soon, Kim.