Kim Pegula is receiving medical care

Buffalo_Stampede

12 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Based on the “unexpected” wording and what has been revealed — that she’s been recovering well in the last few days — I would hazard a guess at a heart issue or a slimmer possibly of a stroke.

She’ll share *if* she wants to at a time of her choosing, but the main thing is that she’s getting the best of care and will hopefully be back to rights soon.

I wouldn't want to speculate but that would be my guess also...perhaps a mini stroke

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 3

Just now, Doc said:

Stop jumping to conclusions please.

My two cents... public figures generally get ahead of this by giving a high level description of the issue rather than a vague statement about a serious problem and an ask for privacy.  In the current situation, you'll see people speculate on what the issue could be with no basis in fact.  You'll also see the press start poking around to try to figure out what's going wrong.  None of that would happen if they said something like "auto accident", "heart issue", etc.

Totally get the desire for privacy, but the consequence of that is human nature - people are gonna wonder what the problem is.  Better to just meet that head-on.

Regardless I wish the Pegula family the best!

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

Great, what the hell am I suppose to do with this then!

image.png.bcb38f3b0f77f4b23396ac8056b3b637.png

Hopefully she's already on the mend and the news of this was just their way of letting everyone know she's alright. 

Get well Kim. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I wouldn't want to speculate but that would be my guess also...perhaps a mini stroke

I'm sure you would hate to speculate as evidenced by how you couldn't even finish that sentence without adding to the pile.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

I get that it’s only natural to want to know what’s going on, but the only real thing we can do is offer prayers and respect their privacy as requested.

Praying for a quick and full recovery. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

The statement is very worrisome. They wouldn’t release this if she wasn’t in serious danger.

Like I said before, hopefully more along the lines of it was serious and she's starting, or already in, recovery. 

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

The statement is very worrisome. They wouldn’t release this if she wasn’t in serious danger.

This is what I said as well. You don't go to the trouble of making something public if it was getting appendix removed or something similar that you end up being hospitalized for but have very little chance of any type of fatal complications.

But at the same time hopefully it's not something that could be very serious (i.e. heart attack/stroke/anerysum/etc)

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is what I said as well. You don't go to the trouble of making something public if it was getting appendix removed or something similar that you end up being hospitalized for but have very little chance of any type of fatal complications.

But at the same time hopefully it's not something that could be very serious (i.e. heart attack/stroke/anerysum/etc)

I dunno. She is a pretty public, high-profile figure that I'm sure has meetings and appearances scheduled. This is the way to explain all at once why she is canceling/missing appointments and get out ahead of any rumors.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I am sure they will release more details at the appropriate time, although it is a shame that there will be wild speculation as to what it is. Until then just hope for a full recovery and give them the privacy they requested. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I hope everything is ok... as others said, that statement sounded pretty serious.

Any info on what happened?  @john wawrow?

Nothing other than speculation, which would be unfair and unprofessional.

I can say is I'm hearing she is improving, which coincides with the statement, so that is promising.

jw

Edited by john wawrow
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 11

First, good vibes for Kim!

Pure speculation, but this has been going on for a few days without an announcement per their statement. Serena received a wild card for Wimbledon today, wondering if they are trying to get something out to the public out ahead of Jessica pulling out of The Championship? 

Really hoping she is on the mend back to her healthy self and Jessica's recent world ranking success was the reason to release something to the public before she officially pulled out of Wimbledon.  In a few days she is scheduled to play Rothesay as a warm up as well. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://baptisthealth.net/locations/hospitals/boca-raton-regional-hospital

Boca Raton Regional Hospital is one of only four hospitals in Palm Beach County to be designated by the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA) as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, and is also ranked #1 in Palm Beach County and among the best in the nation by the 2020-2021 U.S. News & World Report.

• Like (+1) 1