The NFL’s best quarterbacks against every type of coverage

The NFL’s best quarterbacks against every type of coverage.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-best-quarterbacks-against-every-191204103.html

Cover-0: Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
One of those reasons was Allen’s effectiveness against Cover-0 — man coverage across the board with no deep safeties. Against Cover-0 in 2021, Allen completed 10 of 16 passes for 114 yards, 89 air yards, five touchdowns, no interceptions, a passer rating of 123.4, and an Adjusted Net Yards per Attempt of 13.4.

Cover-4: Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills

Mr. Allen is back on the list, and this time it’s against Cover-4 or “Quarters” coverage. This is another coverage concept that is gaining steam at all levels of football, As our good friend Matt Bowen of ESPN explained for Bleacher Report in 2014, Cover-4 is “a four-deep, three-under zone defense that uses man-to-man principles while creating opportunities for both the free and strong safety to double (or “bracket”) the No. 1 wide receivers.”

When facing Cover-4 in 2021, Allen completed 62 of 90 passes for 699 yards, 472 air yards, four touchdowns, two interceptions, a passer rating of 97.4, and an ANY/A of 7.8. Justin Herbert was the most explosive quarterback against Cover-4 in 2021, throwing seven touchdowns against it, but he also threw four interceptions.

some other guys got Cover-1, Cover-2and Cover-3

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Idk about all those statistical breakdowns

I feel like Josh played against cover zero a lot more than 16 pass attempts 

I feel like Jacksonville ran a good dose of cover zero in our loss and urban talked about how it stops the spread 

But other teams never go cover 0 vs us so maybe it balances out

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

You have to be insane to play cover 0 against Allen...not only because he will carve you up with his arm, it means all defenders have their backs to him and he has huge green spaces in front of him if he gets away from the initial blitzers, which is very likely to happen.

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I feel like Josh played against cover zero a lot more than 16 pass attempts 

My reaction was similar.  In a 17 game season, he saw Cover 0 less than once per game on average???

But I suppose that gets washed out a bit when they were in Cover 0 and it was a run play.  Not sure how often that would happen.  I would suspect most QBs would change the play to a pass if they had an inkling that they were looking at Cover 0.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.