Bills sign former Jets OL

Chandler#81

21 minutes ago, Georgie said:

Bills already have Mancz....this cant be much of an upgrade, if at all.

He’s got more starting experience. Just as athletic. I would be surprised if he doesn’t make the roster. They both probably do with Boettger on PUP most likely.

38 minutes ago, Rico said:

Ex-Jet OL-man, cool. Maybe the next Brian Winters, or even Vlad Ducasse!

Don’t forget Spencer Long.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Ex-Jet OL-man, cool. Maybe the next Brian Winters, or even Vlad Ducasse!

He  does nyet deserve name like  Vlad brings shame to my conrty  should change it to Larry Ducasse !! 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Doc said:

When is Daryl Williams coming back?

He's not coming back. Beane restructures and/or asks people to take a pay cut if he wants them to stick around. If he cuts you, that's it. He's moved on. He's never released someone and then brought them back in the same Offseason.

Williams role on the starting O-Line was quickly replaced by Saffold. And they didn't match the Vikings long term offer for Bates to be a backup. And they're not going to pay Williams the money he would command to be a Backup, even if it were in Beane's DNA to cut someone and then change his mind.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

He was definitely pretty bad with the Jets last year.   Their OL got a lot better after he got benched after the first Bills' game.  Also raised a bit of a stink when he said that Zach Wilson needed to get the ball out quicker.

Certainly hope he contributes more than Long, Winters, and Ducasse.

Edited by Billy Claude

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s got more starting experience. Just as athletic. I would be surprised if he doesn’t make the roster. They both probably do with Boettger on PUP most likely.

Don’t forget Spencer Long.

Didn’t we go thru this last year with a bunch of veteran O linemen to supposedly provide depth, then most of them were cut, leaving 2 rookie OTs?

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Per my Jets sources, he blows 

That’s an awfully positive thing for you to say, are you feeling okay? This is right up their with the other two time you’ve been nearly enthused with a back up signing by Beane, people are gonna start to worry about your well being at this rate,

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

Didn’t we go thru this last year with a bunch of veteran O linemen to supposedly provide depth, then most of them were cut, leaving 2 rookie OTs?

I have no idea what we’re doing?  We should have drafted a guard in the third, imho….

We had better sign a guard that can beat out Ford…. That’s what we need, a quality backup…

I sure hope Saffold holds up….

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

There aren’t any rookie IOL that will beat out anyone. The only IOL depth we have are Van Roten and Mancz. Boettger on PUP to start. Doyle is a wildcard. And Ford.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.