Have we given up on Isaiah Hodgins?

Allen2Diggs

He is yet to catch a pass for the Bills in the regular season, but he's still only 23. He is buried on the depth chart and I have not heard his name spoken since his rookie year. I honestly had to check to make sure he is still on the Bills roster. Does he really exist or was this a Deuce Dominguez situation where we drafted a fake prospect?

42 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

He is yet to catch a pass for the Bills in the regular season, but he's still only 23. He is buried on the depth chart and I have not heard his name spoken since his rookie year. I honestly had to check to make sure he is still on the Bills roster. Does he really exist or was this a Deuce Dominguez situation where we drafted a fake prospect?

Is he training with Dri Archer?! 🤣

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

Given up on him ? I don’t think many here expected much from him in the first place , he doesn’t play ST he can’t stay healthy actually I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get cut 

• Agree 2

It doesn’t really matter what we do.  We have no affect on his future.  He needs to go out and earn a spot.  I’d say that the odds are definitely stacked against him making the 53.  PS is always an option. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

its cool how wide receiver is a strength of the bills. gone are the days of the donald jones types

Yeah it's weird having this much depth at the wr position after an era where we couldn't lure any decent receivers to sign with us. I wouldn't be surprised if a guy like Kumerow or Gentry gets poached from our practice squad and becomes an instant contributer for another team.

• Like (+1) 1

I think if the injury bug wasn’t a concern, Hodgins would have what it takes to make the 53. I say that based on reports from his teammates and coaches. We all heard how everyone raved about him and Davis knowing the playbook so well their rookie years, that vets would turn to them for questions.
He’s not the fastest guy, but he scored well in agility and explosion. Josh talked about how quick he was for a guy at that height and how he possibly had the best hands on the team. Last year McD said Hodgins was positioning himself to make a “real move” up the depth chart and then he gets injured again. That’s his weakness, he just can’t stay out of the training room. I’m counting him out from this point forward.

• Like (+1) 1

This might be a case of a kid with some upside who never gets a chance on his first team because there are too many guys ahead of him who are more proven and developed.  Or he may just not have "it."  This year is probably make or break for him with the Bills, and there are lots of quality players in front of him.  My guess is he'll probably not make the team and will try to get on another team's practice squad that is thinner at WR than the Bills, Then he'll hope for an injury to give him a chance to show what he can do on game day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

To give up on a person, you have to expect something out of that person in the first place... not just in football, all walks of life. I dont think anyone expected anything out of him thus nothing to give up on.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

He was basically a 7th Round Draft Pick. We cut him after Training Camp last season. Any team could have picked him up after we released him. Any team could have signed him off the Practice Squad. He's imo the 9th WR on a roster that will carry 6 or 7 tops.

He'll be lucky to be on the Practice Squad again this season and has no chance to make the 53. Why anyone would be having hope for him is completely beyond me at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

He was a 6th round pick and as such I don't think the Bills brain trust feels we have much to walk away from. Hodgins for sure needs to light it up in camp this year or his days are numbered

16 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

To give up on a person, you have to expect something out of that person in the first place... not just in football, all walks of life. I dont think anyone expected anything out of him thus nothing to give up on.

Exactly

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.