Here it comes - NY Times: Biden should not run; "nation completely falling apart"

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Trump is going to announce he's running on July 4.

This would give the D's real red meat they could really run with for the mid terms.  He would be sucker punching his own party.

But we're talkin' Trump here so anything's possible.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This would give the D's real red meat they could really run with for the mid terms.  He would be sucker punching his own party.

If Trump won in 24 he would want as many of his supporters in Congress starting in 22 and he does have supporters . The economy will be a disaster for the 22 elections. Biden followed the squad/progressive agenda so the Democrats will have hell to pay in coming elections. As a moderate I hate the pendulum swing from one extreme to the other. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

It’s tough to figure out egomaniacal crazy. 

even he has to understand he is the the only things the democrats can run on. 

saw it first hand in Virginia gubernatorial race… the dem message was that guy is trump and I’m not. It didn’t work because the winner is nothing like trump. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, ALF said:

If Trump won in 24 he would want as many of his supporters in Congress starting in 22 and he does have supporters . The economy will be a disaster for the 22 elections. Biden followed the squad/progressive agenda so the Democrats will have hell to pay in coming elections. As a moderate I hate the pendulum swing from one extreme to the other. 

He is narcissistic enough to not want a red wave without him riding its crest, I could see him being ok if the Democrats stayed in power for 2 more years so that he could destroy any dem in the general election. 

• Disagree 1

On 6/12/2022 at 9:39 PM, Big Blitz said:

This is what I think is happening and how this plays out.  

Trump is going to announce he's running on July 4.

But this is to rally the base (we don't reality need it) for 2022.  To campaign for all the Rs he's endorsing.  

The rallies in Florida in October with DeSantis are going to be epic.

Then, by Summer of 2023, he's going to cite health reasons and drop out.

He will endorse DeSantis in the week or so before the first primary.  

There you go.  

I think announcing before the midterms is a pretty big mistake. The right should already be energized since they’re the party out of power and the midterm electorate already favors them since it’s older, and whiter. All it does is wake up dems and young voters. 

I don’t think it’s smart at all but then you realize that he doesn’t actually care if other republicans win. He raises more money when they’re the minority party. Why would he actually care? This is the guy who purposely sabotaged 2 Georgia senate seats and gave the senate to the dems to begin with.

I will stick with my original scenario after the last election. Trump is forced(by Joe and the DOJ) to announce a run because it shields him against prosecution. It’s really been his only play all along.

15 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Yeah but still, no mean tweets.  Just an incompetent old fool destroying the country without the help of manufactured scandals wasting tens of million of dollars in investigations and tearing the country apart.  Hold on, the J6 committee just phoned...

• 4 weeks later...

Done.

But NY Times......what are the problems???  

Age shouldn't matter if he's doing a bang up job...

I mean gas is down almost $1 over the last 2 weeks.  

His foreign policy is already getting results. 

I'm told this is the greatest economy ever 

I'm told I must sacrifice for Ukraine in the name of Democracy.  You've been telling us all the high prices of.....everything....is all Putin's fault!   

I don't understand!!!!!

Screenshot_20220711-104532_One UI Home.jpg

They've come to the realization that the mid-terms will be a bloodbath and 2024 is probably as well.  They have no one so mighty as well start looking under every rock for any insect they can dig up...