Here it comes - NY Times: Biden should not run; "nation completely falling apart"

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It is sad but true that democrats look more at the physical appearance than the policies of a person but thankfully most people overall that is not true. In 2018 Gilliam was run primarily based on his looks for governor of Florida and he was within a few % of winning based on just the fact he is better looking than DeSantis, though DeSantis wife is a hot.

Most Americans outside of Florida still have no idea who Ron is so his official introduction to voters will be crucial. He will obviously have a really hard time running back to center after all of these weird laws he’s passed in Florida. He’s not very attractive to undecided voters with policy…. and did I mention how fat and goofy he is?

Edited by Governor
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Most Americans outside of Florida still have no idea who Ron is so his official introduction to voters will be crucial. He will obviously have a really hard time running back to center after all of these weird laws he’s passed in Florida. He’s not very attractive to undecided voters with policy.

I am curious which laws he has passed that you find "weird" and why you object to them? As for not attractive to undecided voters, I will just link this because no one believes the undecided are going Dem.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2022/05/03/desantis-unstoppable-florida-dems-cant-beat-governor-00029208

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am curious which laws he has passed that you find "weird" and why you object to them? As for not attractive to undecided voters, I will just link this because no one believes the undecided are going Dem.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2022/05/03/desantis-unstoppable-florida-dems-cant-beat-governor-00029208

Thats in Florida. We’re talking about Ronald on a national level in a presidential race. 

Then there’s the whole “get Trump out of the way” so he can have a nice clean run. 

Tough sledding ahead for mini-Trump.

There is one thing working in his favor. Most, if not all, of his weird laws have been overturned by the courts so they aren’t actually on the books, therefore don’t exist. That could help him when he’s put under the microscope. 

What law? There is no law. I didn’t actually do those crazy things, I just wanted to. Running over black protesters? What do you mean?

Edited by Governor

Back to the thread.

PARTY OF YOUTH UPDATE: 

Who’s Next: The Times does Biden.

The New York Times has posted the Biden variant of the “Dump Feinstein” campaign that Steve has been tracking. In an alert to subscribers, the Times directs readers to Reid Epstein and Jennifer Medina’s story on the “Democratic whispers” that perhaps Biden should step aside in 2024 (and announce his decision to do so after the midterms).

This just in: Democrats fear he may not be up to the task. And you thought the Times has lost its nose for news.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/06/whos-next-the-times-does-biden.php

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/11/us/politics/biden-2024-election-democrats.html

The Democratic Party’s Ice Floe Politics:

The Democratic leadership is also very old. The average age of the Democratic House leadership is 70 (compared to 53 for Republicans); Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is 80; her lieutenants Steny Hoyer and James Clyburn are 81 and 80, respectively. Senator Majority Leader Chuck Schumer is a comparatively spry 70.

The liberal mainstream media occasionally comments on the age of Democratic leaders: New York magazine lamented the “Gerontocracy of Democratic Party Leadership” back in 2016, as did The New Republic in 2019 (“The Democrats are Too Old”), but they did so as part of an effort to paint Feinstein as senile and thus incapable of doing activists’ bidding during Amy Coney Barrett’s confirmation hearings, not as a matter of general concern.

“Republicans were stealing another seat” on the high court, TNR claimed, and “Feinstein conducted the hearings as if they were occurring in a normal political environment.” She even had the temerity to hug her colleague Lindsey Graham, which was, in the liberal media’s eyes, a clear sign of senility.

In other words, Democrats prefer to ignore the age issue until it becomes useful as a justification for pushing out someone who is no longer useful to the party.

It’s a cynical tactic that will continue to create odd political moments

More at the link: https://www.commentary.org/christine-rosen/the-democratic-partys-ice-floe-politics/

1 hour ago, Governor said:

He’s going to win pretty easily. He’s viewed as a heartthrob to women voters. DeSantis might be 400 pounds by Election Day. He’s a real mess. Have you seen the size of his head lately? That is one goofy looking dude.

So you vote based on looks?  So I guess color and gender IS important to some. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Heartthrob. 🙄

The left is so ***** up.  

Thats in Florida. We’re talking about Ronald on a national level in a presidential race. 

Then there’s the whole “get Trump out of the way” so he can have a nice clean run. 

Tough sledding ahead for mini-Trump.

There is one thing working in his favor. Most, if not all, of his weird laws have been overturned by the courts so they aren’t actually on the books, therefore don’t exist. That could help him when he’s put under the microscope. 

What law? There is no law. I didn’t actually do those crazy things, I just wanted to. Running over black protesters? What do you mean?

Which laws were overturned? The only one I am aware of that was overturned, by a single judge, was then reset by a panel. As for it being Florida, he is turning Latinos into Republicans at an astonishing rate, which is the fastest growing demographic in the US. 

Most Americans outside of Florida still have no idea who Ron is so his official introduction to voters will be crucial. He will obviously have a really hard time running back to center after all of these weird laws he’s passed in Florida. He’s not very attractive to undecided voters with policy…. and did I mention how fat and goofy he is?

you mean the dont say gay bill which doesnt even have the gay word in it.

You're a stupid leftist. 

5 hours ago, Governor said:

Newsom is a centrist. I told the board 2 years ago it would be Newsom. He’s next up. He will have by far the most money to spend.

i for one would love him to be the democratic candidate. It would indisputably end the false narrative that democrats aren’t the party of big business. 

let him get up there and rail against fossil fuels while wearing that $10,000 suit big oil bought him.  

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

i for one would love him to be the democratic candidate. It would indisputably end the false narrative that democrats aren’t the party of big business. 

let him get up there and rail against fossil fuels while wearing that $10,000 suit big oil bought him.  

I would like to see Newsom vs. Fathead DeSantis but idiot Trump is still in the picture and Biden’s decision to run again hinges on Trump running again. It’s an interesting game of chicken we have here. We’ll probably find out late summer I’m guessing.

I would like to see Newsom vs. Fathead DeSantis but idiot Trump is still in the picture and Biden’s decision to run again hinges on Trump running again. It’s an interesting game of chicken we have here. We’ll probably find out late summer I’m guessing.

Could you imagine an election where both candidates can still control their own bladder?? I’m in

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

Newsome is as fake as a $3 bill.  Women won't/don't GAF about looks when it comes to President.  That's just laughable.

Governor never mentioned women.  i think he is the one who cares if a nominee is a hot boy.

NY Times headline should be:

"Democrats should not be in power."

It doesn't matter what loser you put up with a D after their name.  80 year old "moderate" Biden from ol Scranton PA was supposed to heal our land from mean Tweets.  

Their own self inflicted covid economic meltdown, CRT in the schools, LGBTQXGYRS everything in the schools, abortion up to birth, complete gun confiscation, destroying our energy independence, federal spending is apparently infinite, foreign policy ineptitude, and their inability to define a woman, will be the pillars of any D that runs.  

They need to all be sent to the ash heap of history.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Governor said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/donald-trump-ron-desantis-florida-1366990/

He’s not going to stop until there’s no party left.

This is what I think is happening and how this plays out.  

Trump is going to announce he's running on July 4.

But this is to rally the base (we don't reality need it) for 2022.  To campaign for all the Rs he's endorsing.  

The rallies in Florida in October with DeSantis are going to be epic.

Then, by Summer of 2023, he's going to cite health reasons and drop out.

He will endorse DeSantis in the week or so before the first primary.  

There you go.  

• Thank you (+1) 1