Tyreek Hill says Tua is more accurate than Mahomes

HappyDays

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

First We have to wait and make sure that Tua doesn’t take that Josh Allen LEAP /YEAR 3 before making these statements !!!! ( 🤣) cuz that’s what everyone is expecting in Miami !!!! 

So is the next phase from Josh is going to regress after his big year 3, to all these rookie QBs are going to suddenly have break out years because Josh Allen did after 2 years?

8 minutes ago, Putin said:

First We have to wait and make sure that Tua doesn’t take that Josh Allen LEAP /YEAR 3 before making these statements !!!! ( 🤣) cuz that’s what everyone is expecting in Miami !!!! 

Allen was making those "holy shyt athletic plays" in years 1 & 2 though. I haven't seen those from Tua. Not even close.

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Tua is a very accurate QB.  He was also the best RPO passer in the league last year.  This is what he always was in college.  The Fins are building the scheme around this.  It requires an accurate QB and fast receivers going over the middle--which is one reason they went hard at Hill.

Tua is what he is--and the Fins are going to roll with that.   They won 6 in a row with him in the second half of the season and 7 of the last 8.  Bills finished 5-3. He had 3 games with 80+% completions.  Only 4 QBs have had back to back 80%.  

May not be an easy out for the Bills this season.

Bills will continue to destroy the Dolphins until proven otherwise. I’m taking a “wait & see” approach w/ them. A few splashy FA signings isn’t going to change my mind. They haven’t even closed the gap w/ the Patriots let alone Buffalo. Maybe we don’t win by double digits, but we certainly will beat them both times.

On 6/11/2022 at 11:40 AM, whorlnut said:

Is Hill wrong?  I don’t know that he is. Tua’s greatest strength is his ball placement. He’s a very accurate qb. He doesn’t have a strong arm like Mahomes and that’s what will ultimately hold him back. 

Look at Chad Pennington. Noodle arm, but accurate as heck. I think Tua is very similar. 

Tua has a better arm than some want to believe but he's a very precision accurate passer especially in the short/intermediate game which is why he completes a high rate of passes.

In fact the more I think about it he reminds me a lot of Drew Brees in his early Chargers years (who ironically the Dolphins also tried to trade for years ago) in which there were questions about his arm strength and long time viability and why they ultimately moved on from him and drafted Rivers.

Brees is a HOFer who has a SB ring and in the top 10 all time of just about every major NFL passing record so if Tua follows a similar path he'll be just fine.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Allen was making those "holy shyt athletic plays" in years 1 & 2 though. I haven't seen those from Tua. Not even close.

Exactly. Allen had the IT factor from the very beginning. The people who just looked at his stats didn’t realize it, but the ones who actually watched the games saw that he was on his way to becoming a force in this league. I don’t see anything special that separates Tua besides decent accuracy. They must be kicking themselves for not drafting Herbert the same way they did when they chose Culpepper over Brees.

5 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Bills will continue to destroy the Dolphins until proven otherwise. I’m taking a “wait & see” approach w/ them. A few splashy FA signings isn’t going to change my mind. They haven’t even closed the gap w/ the Patriots let alone Buffalo. Maybe we don’t win by double digits, but we certainly will beat them both times.

Miami beat NE 2 games to none last season.  1 more loss doesn’t necessarily mean that that there is any gap between the teams.  Miami then went out and had what looks to be a great offseason, while NE lost 2 of their best players and had a questionable draft.  I’d rate Miami ahead of NE atm.  Belichick being the only advantage atm and that could change too.  Mac and Tua are pretty even at this point imo, with Miami having a huge advantage in the playmaker department.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I'll be very surprised and impressed if we sweep the Dolphins yet again this year.

Not saying they will be the better team if they spilt the series or somehow sweep the Bills but we all know Hill has been a big problem for this defense even with a healthy Tre White and that's not going to magically change just because Tua isn't wearing a Mahomes jersey.  He just needs to prove he can get him the ball.

Where I do think they may turn the corner is on defense and they showed glimpses of that in the 2nd matchup last year. And considering we play them early in the season again this year with our oline that may take time to gel with new faces/blocking scheme that's where I see the Bills most vulnerable in that week 3 matchup down there.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Tua has a better arm than some want to believe but he's a very precision accurate passer especially in the short/intermediate game which is why he completes a high rate of passes.

In fact the more I think about it he reminds me a lot of Drew Brees in his early Chargers years (who ironically the Dolphins also tried to trade for years ago) in which there were questions about his arm strength and long time viability and why they ultimately moved on from him and drafted Rivers.

Brees is a HOFer who has a SB ring and in the top 10 all time of just about every major NFL passing record so if Tua follows a similar path he'll be just fine.

If Tua just turns into a HOFer, he should be ok.

Big if there

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/11/2022 at 1:08 PM, Warcodered said:

Speaking of delusional this is apparently a thing with Dolphins fans this year.

It is delusional.

Tindall will be lucky to even see the field this year.

Reminds me a lot of a small version of Tremaine Edmunds....very quick but prone to be out o place and misdiagnose plays.  Just wait to see Belichek scheme up against Tindall.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'll be very surprised and impressed if we sweep the Dolphins yet again this year.

Not saying they will be the better team if they spilt the series or somehow sweep the Bills but we all know Hill has been a big problem for this defense even with a healthy Tre White and that's not going to magically change just because Tua isn't wearing a Mahomes jersey.  He just needs to prove he can get him the ball.

Where I do think they may turn the corner is on defense and they showed glimpses of that in the 2nd matchup last year. And considering we play them early in the season again this year with our oline that may take time to gel with new faces/blocking scheme that's where I see the Bills most vulnerable in that week 3 matchup down there.

I won't.  First time HC and at a very young age no less?  It sounds like he'll have his hands full with Hill alone.

And I'm wondering what the 49'ers did last year that was so amazing (besides keeping Jimmy G healthy for 15 games) with McDaniel at OC?  They scored almost 4 PPG fewer in games that Jimmy G started than in 2019, when Jimmy G played 16 games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I won't.  First time HC and at a very young age no less?  It sounds like he'll have his hands full with Hill alone.

And I'm wondering what the 49'ers did last year that was so amazing (besides keeping Jimmy G healthy for 15 games) with McDaniel at OC?  They scored almost 4 PPG fewer in games that Jimmy G started than in 2019, when Jimmy G played 16 games.

Other than get back to the NFCC game again, with Jimmy G?  

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Other than get back to the NFCC game again, with Jimmy G?  

Yeah, thanks to the defense.  But they lost the game.  Jimmy G's stats were 535 yards at 58% and 2 TDs and 3 INTs in 3 games in the playoffs and again, they scored almost 4 fewer PPG during the season than 2019. 

Maybe he somehow managed to make Jimmy G stay healthy?  Other than that...

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, thanks to the defense.  But they lost the game.  Jimmy G's stats were 535 yards at 58% and 2 TDs and 3 INTs in 3 games in the playoffs and again, they scored almost 4 fewer PPG during the season than 2019. 

Maybe he somehow managed to make Jimmy G stay healthy?  Other than that...

They beat Aaron Rodgers GB twice in those playoffs.  You asked what the guy did.

Jimmy G is 31-14 (69%) in SF.  He's 5-2 in the playoffs.   His team was beaten in the SB by KC (hello!!) and by the SB winning Rams last year in the NFCC.

21 hours ago, Doc said:

I agree with this but the biggest factor is it being a division opponent and how truly hard it is to win against the same team you play twice a year over and over.

That's why it was so depressing how the Pats seemed to always sweep the Bills when both the Jets and Dolphins we able to beat them somewhat regularly during the Brady years.

This is why getting 4 or more wins in division play this year will be truly be impressive given how every team has markedly improved on the paper with possibly the exception of the Pats.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

They beat Aaron Rodgers GB twice in those playoffs.  You asked what the guy did.

Jimmy G is 31-14 (69%) in SF.  He's 5-2 in the playoffs.   His team was beaten in the SB by KC (hello!!) and by the SB winning Rams last year in the NFCC.

It was Shanahan's system from 2019.  Again what did he specifically do?  He was OC for one year and a guy like Bienemy is running Reid's system for 4 seasons and no HC'ing offers.

52 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was Shanahan's system from 2019.  Again what did he specifically do?  He was OC for one year and a guy like Bienemy is running Reid's system for 4 seasons and no HC'ing offers.

he kept that Jimmy G Train rollin, obviously.

The Dolphins cheerleading in this thread is sickening and without merit in my opinion.  Tua has proved nothing and is highly unlikely to take some magical big leap. He is far more likely to be at or near his ceiling.  His accuracy is overrated given the limited route tree he has run successfully.  He is not impressive at all as a leader, and has not shown the ability to think the game successfully at all.  He has shown himself to be fragile and relatively easy to defend given his limitations.  Tyreek Hill is not going to fix Tua's shortcomings.  McDaniels may cover them up for a while.

Speaking of McDaniels, I fail to see the merit of the hype.  He is young and obviously unproven as a HC.  His system is Shanahan's, and the WCO at its base is hardly ground breaking in its innovation in this day and age.  He will have his hands full trying to shape that bunch into an effective, consistent, winning team.  Nothing in his background suggests he is up to that task.  Maybe he is.  We will see.  

All that said, if the stars align and the Dolphins are suddenly twice as good this year, they are still not on the Bills level and would be lucky to win a game against them. I do not expect that.  They are mediocre to me unless and until they prove otherwise.  They have proven nothing yet obviously.  I do think they are the second best team in the AFCE though, borderline wild card team even if Doogie Howser, Head Coach actually proves to be somewhat competent.

So the Dolfans in Bills clothing gushing over the scary fish can flame away but I am going on record as being in total disbelief that the Dolphins are a legitimate threat.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.