Tyreek Hill says Tua is more accurate than Mahomes

HappyDays

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Tyreek seems to have an axe to grind with Reid and Mahommes.

He's upset that Chiefs would not sign him to a Davante Adams type deal.

“When the season ended, just to get to your question, we went to the team, and we basically said ‘Hey Tyreek did a contract after his third year. He’s outplayed that deal,'” Rosenhaus explained. “But, we were really far apart on the numbers. We felt strongly that Tyreek was the best receiver in football and deserved to get paid that way. They were very complimentary of Tyreek, but they were not prepared to make him the highest-paid receiver in football.

“Then, what happened was the Davante Adams deal got done, and I called Tyreek, and I said ‘Look, here’s a guy that’s older than you, isn’t as accomplished, in my mind, as you, in terms of all the things that Tyreek can do with the football and away from the football – his ability to stretch the defense and open things up for (Travis) Kelce. When Adams got the huge deal, I spoke to Tyreek, and we both agreed that we were going to put the pressure on the Chiefs that they were either going to do a deal like that, or it wasn’t a great fit anymore because the respect isn’t mutual if you don’t see it that way.”

“The crazy part is, I talked to Patrick Mahomes,” Hill said. “I talked to Andy Reid for like 30 minutes or so. I talked to both of them on the phone, I’m like ‘Hey, coach. I don’t even got to be the highest-paid, for real. I just want to be put in a realistic position that’s realistic for me and my family. I don’t got to get $30 million, at least give me $25 (million), $26 million). They wouldn’t even give me numbers even close to that.”

https://news.yahoo.com/tyreek-hill-drew-rosenhaus-share-122915677.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Was coming here to post something similar. Hill seems to have some sour grapes with the Chiefs and is now taking pot shots at the Chiefs/ Reid/ Mahomes. In one interview he refused to call Mahomes by name and just said 'I spoke to Reid, I spoke to the quarterback' etc. He was also complaining about his use and volume last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Tua is a very accurate QB.  He was also the best RPO passer in the league last year.  This is what he always was in college.  The Fins are building the scheme around this.  It requires an accurate QB and fast receivers going over the middle--which is one reason they went hard at Hill.

Tua is what he is--and the Fins are going to roll with that.   They won 6 in a row with him in the second half of the season and 7 of the last 8.  Bills finished 5-3. He had 3 games with 80+% completions.  Only 4 QBs have had back to back 80%.  

May not be an easy out for the Bills this season.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The problem all joking aside and it’s real easy to make jokes of Tua is the defense is going to play up as they don’t have to worry about anything deep.  Hyde and Poyer can stay back and just let our nickel CB and outside corners just blanket him. 

God if I was a Dolphins fan (god forbid squish the fish) I would be incensed over not taking Herbert.  That’s Ross’s fault from all reports he wanted Tua.

Like Cleveland and Washington, it has to start at the top. If your owner is a meddling idiot, that’s mighty hard to overcome to achieve any real success. 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Tua is a very accurate QB.  He was also the best RPO passer in the league last year.  This is what he always was in college.  The Fins are building the scheme around this.  It requires an accurate QB and fast receivers going over the middle--which is one reason they went hard at Hill.

Tua is what he is--and the Fins are going to roll with that.   They won 6 in a row with him in the second half of the season and 7 of the last 8.  Bills finished 5-3. He had 3 games with 80+% completions.  Only 4 QBs have had back to back 80%.  

Now you're in trouble.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

What's motivating Hill to make these comparisons? 

He's unnecessarily provocative.  He can praise Tua without mentioning Mahomes or anyone else.

Whistling past the graveyard.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/11/2022 at 2:40 PM, whorlnut said:

Is Hill wrong?  I don’t know that he is. Tua’s greatest strength is his ball placement. He’s a very accurate qb. He doesn’t have a strong arm like Mahomes and that’s what will ultimately hold him back. 

Look at Chad Pennington. Noodle arm, but accurate as heck. I think Tua is very similar. 

Under 10 yards he is right.  Past he is way wrong.  Mind you with Mahomes’ arm angles he will put the ball on Hill much quicker and in result more space.  Tua throws with less arm fluidity.  The ball may be on the money but he will operate in less space.  The plays that made Mahomes and Hill will not be as often for either.  Hill will make some plays and Mahomes will hit some people deep but not at the rate that made them lethal.

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

There's some irony.

But how so?  He went with the money. He has a ring.  These guy don't care about the wins at this point.

Irony?  If not for a flub by Clay when Josh was a rookie, he would be 8-0 against them.  And if were thinking they're going to be an offensive juggernaut, I'll still put my money on Josh out-dueling them.

And yeah he obviously went for the money.  But it's apparent he thinks he's the reason for Mahomes' success.

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Irony?  If not for a flub by Clay when Josh was a rookie, he would be 8-0 against them.  And if were thinking they're going to be an offensive juggernaut, I'll still put my money on Josh out-dueling them.

And yeah he obviously went for the money.  But it's apparent he thinks he's the reason for Mahomes' success.

So what? what else is he going to chirp about?

The irony, of course, is that all of these Tua threads are a lot of “whistling past the graveyard”.  Why else would they exist?—how many Tua sucks threads are needed? Unless they are actually meant to convince those who keep assuring everyone he sucks that he does suck…

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The irony, of course, is that all of these Tua threads are a lot of “whistling past the graveyard”.  Why else would they exist?—how many Tua sucks threads are needed? Unless they are actually meant to convince those who keep assuring everyone he sucks that he does suck…

"What else is he going to chirp about?  How about not chirping at all, making ridiculous comparisons to Tua and Mahomes until Tua proves something on the field first?

And no one is bringing up Tua unless something like this is brought up first.  And sure the "he sucks" is overboard, but he's not a QB that the Bills (should) fear.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What else is he going to chirp about?  How about doing what 99% of the other guys do when they change teams.  Not make a complete fool of themselves by comparing his new QB that has accomplished and has shown very little to his old future HoF, MVP, SB MVP Qb.  

why do you care that there are multiple Tua hate threads exists on a Bills message board?  Poor Tua….

• Agree 1

Hill is doing what he's supposed to do:  Talk up his quarterback.  He has to make sure that Tua feels that his new number one WR is solidly behind him. 

I also agree with others here that the Fish are going to be a tough out this year.  Same with New England.  The Jets might still be a year away.

I still think our team wins the division, but it won't be a cakewalk.

20 minutes ago, gobillsinytown said:

Hill is doing what he's supposed to do:  Talk up his quarterback.  He has to make sure that Tua feels that his new number one WR is solidly behind him. 

I also agree with others here that the Fish are going to be a tough out this year.  Same with New England.  The Jets might still be a year away.

I still think our team wins the division, but it won't be a cakewalk.

Talking them up to a degree is fine.  Doing what Hill is doing, or what Webb did, is silly and asking for ridicule.  Again Hill saying "Tua is an accurate QB" is enough (just like Webb should have just said "Jones is a hard worker and very smart").

As for the rest of the AFC East, the Jets still aren't there, the Cheaters took a step back, and while Miami may have improved, was it enough to close the 15+ point margin of victory gap?  Stay tuned.

On 6/11/2022 at 2:08 PM, Azucho98 said:

Stats don't lie.  Hill is dreaming.

Tagovailoa's accuracy on deep balls has been one of his stronger traits early in his career. Per PFF, he ranked second in deep ball completion percentage last season (48.3%), but only attempted 29 deep passes on the year. That should change in 2022, with the acquisition of Hill -- one of the premier deep threats in the league. Last season he caught 11-of-28 deep balls for 398 yards and three scores, ranking sixth in the league with a deep ball ADOT of 34.7. In PFF's adjusted completion percentage it was Mahomes (78.3%) who ranked second in the league in 2021. Tagovailoa's adjusted completion percentage of 75.3% ranked 18th. 

Tua isn't as bad as many here make him out to be.  Stats are stats.  We all know who the better QB is.

14 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Did you see the Dolphins schedule during that time. As soon as they had the play a team with a pulse they got their ass kicked ( Chargers). With that being said I spoke MONTHS ago about not sleeping on the Dolphins and I got laughed off the board. At the end of the day the Dolphins will be there own worst enemy and Tyreek podcast is the start. When Diggs came to the Bills, him and Allen didnt say anything about Football. It was only after the clicked and perform did they say ANYTHING. 

All Tyreek is doing is pulling more pressure and him and Tua to perform and at the same time pulling a target on his back. Call me crazy but I think Waddle is a little overrated as well. Hill is great, Gesicki is a great target but cant block and their new slot Cedric Wilson caught almost half this rececptions in 3 games. The scheme besides Hill and getting Armstead ( when he is on the field) are the biggest changes to the Dolphins offense

Edited by Protocal69

11 hours ago, Doc said:

"What else is he going to chirp about?  How about not chirping at all, making ridiculous comparisons to Tua and Mahomes until Tua proves something on the field first?

And no one is bringing up Tua unless something like this is brought up first.  And sure the "he sucks" is overboard, but he's not a QB that the Bills (should) fear.

Yeah, there should be some sort of rule about NFL players making stupid comments.  Good thing it's pretty rare.

Also:

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

What else is he going to chirp about?  How about doing what 99% of the other guys do when they change teams.  Not make a complete fool of themselves by comparing his new QB that has accomplished and has shown very little to his old future HoF, MVP, SB MVP Qb.  

why do you care that there are multiple Tua hate threads exists on a Bills message board?  Poor Tua….

see above

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Did you see the Dolphins schedule during that time. As soon as they had the play a team with a pulse they got their ass kicked ( Chargers). With that being said I spoke MONTHS ago about not sleeping on the Dolphins and I got laughed off the board. At the end of the day the Dolphins will be there own worst enemy and Tyreek podcast is the start. When Diggs came to the Bills, him and Allen didnt say anything about Football. It was only after the clicked and perform did they say ANYTHING. 

All Tyreek is doing is pulling more pressure and him and Tua to perform and at the same time pulling a target on his back. Call me crazy but I think Waddle is a little overrated as well. Hill is great, Gesicki is a great target but cant block and their new slot Cedric Wilson caught almost half this rececptions in 3 games. The scheme besides Hill and getting Armstead ( when he is on the field) are the biggest changes to the Dolphins offense

They play the teams on their schedule.  No one was expecting too much from the Fins under Tua last year. They won 7 of 8 down that stretch.   The Bills, a legit SB contender, lost to a a team with no pulse (Jags), and scored 1 TD against NE, at home, in another loss. 

Hill is propping up his new QB in public--and Tua needs some propping up in public.  So what? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.