Tyreek Hill says Tua is more accurate than Mahomes

HappyDays

27 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It helps though.  Anytime people have trouble understanding the limits of not having elite arm strength I just show them this.  Having an average arm limits the playbook.

Josh is 7 yards deeper and still the ball gets there noticeably quicker. What a hose.

Tua’s ball was definitely accurate, yes it was. Would have been right in the receivers hands if it got there.

• Like (+1) 1

I dont think Tua is an elite QB or anything but he is pretty accurate on his throws.  His problem is he doesnt have an arm.  Mahomes has an arm and makes a living off of broken play type throws.   Tua being more accurate?  I dont think he is but he is accurate on those short 5-10 yard type throws.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

It helps though.  Anytime people have trouble understanding the limits of not having elite arm strength I just show them this.  Having an average arm limits the playbook.

Physical ability definitely helps but has very little to do with success of a QB. It’s the reason many fans wanted Josh Rosen over Josh Allen. Rosen fans didn’t think Allen could develop all the important things needed to be a successful QB.

Also, Tua was late on the throw. Josh wasn’t late. Josh can be late at times though with his arm but that would basically be 2019 Josh Allen. On this throw Tua is nearly throwing 2 seconds late. If that happens he’s always getting intercepted.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Disagree 1

Tua is absolutely super accurate. I wouldn’t doubt that Hill is right. The biggest issue is Tua’s arm is about as strong as Chad Pennington’s, after all the surgeries. The guy is definitely very accurate or else he wouldn’t be in the league. His arm strength is as poor as I have ever seen and I feel like it will keep him from ever becoming a decent NFL QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Physical ability definitely helps but has very little to do with success of a QB. It’s the reason many fans wanted Josh Rosen over Josh Allen. Rosen fans didn’t think Allen could develop all the important things needed to be a successful QB.

Also, Tua was late on the throw. Josh wasn’t late. Josh can be late at times though with his arm but that would basically be 2019 Josh Allen. On this throw Tua is nearly throwing 2 seconds late. If that happens he’s always getting intercepted.

You think?  Ask Peyton Manning his final year whether his physical ability had anything to do with his success after throwing 7td's and 15int's when his arm went.  Him and Brady excelled at all those other traits you mentioned at the highest level probably ever.  On Tua's particular throw it's pry still a TD is you had Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers, etc...throwing it even with the hesitation.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You think?  Ask Peyton Manning his final year whether his physical ability had anything to do with his success after throwing 7td's and 15int's when his arm went.  Him and Brady excelled at all those other traits you mentioned at the highest level probably ever.  On Tua's particular throw it's pry still a TD is you had Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers, etc...throwing it even with the hesitation.

He pats the ball like 3 times before throwing. That’s an INT for any QB attempting that throw after 3 pats. Horribly late. 

You need some velocity. I’m not sure what Tua’s ball velocity is, but low-mid 50s is probably the minimum needed. I’m sure he’s in that range. Allen probably closer to 60+. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

So the Dolphins are going to try rub routes and bubble screens to Hill.  Sounds like Hill will take a beating as teams leave Strong Safety/LBs in middle zone to clean up. Hell even take a 15 yd penalty for defenseless WR to set the tone.  I think Hill is in for a rude awakening when Tua can’t extend plays like Mahomes and doesn’t get him the ball on time. We’ll see how he feels mid season about it, bc right now it’s just meaningless cheerleading. 

There is no question Hill opened up the Chiefs offense, but Mahomes isn’t going to suddenly suck without him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

16 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Chad Pennington was able to make it past his first read without panicking.

That’s not the point. The point is how accurate he is.

I don’t think Tua will ever be a complete qb or one that puts fear into us on Sundays, but accuracy has always been one of his best traits. 

The problem all joking aside and it’s real easy to make jokes of Tua is the defense is going to play up as they don’t have to worry about anything deep.  Hyde and Poyer can stay back and just let our nickel CB and outside corners just blanket him. 

God if I was a Dolphins fan (god forbid squish the fish) I would be incensed over not taking Herbert.  That’s Ross’s fault from all reports he wanted Tua.

19 hours ago, klos63 said:

You should listen to Bills fans, we didn't even make it to the championship game, but if you listen to them, we are better than KC, Cinci and the Rams.  We lost 7 games last season, finished 1 game ahead of the Pats and 2 ahead of the Dolphins, but all off season, you could swear we are the defending champs the way the fans have acted.

Look at you go.

Mahomes is absolutely gonna miss Hill bailing him out on some of the prayers he likes to heave up. 

Hill’s ability to track and time those balls isn’t talked about nearly enough. Without him I would guess quite a bit of those are getting picked or at the very least falling harmlessly to the turf. 

that being said. All this is a bad look for Hill. Just move on man. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Tyreek seems to have an axe to grind with Reid and Mahommes.

He's upset that Chiefs would not sign him to a Davante Adams type deal.

“When the season ended, just to get to your question, we went to the team, and we basically said ‘Hey Tyreek did a contract after his third year. He’s outplayed that deal,'” Rosenhaus explained. “But, we were really far apart on the numbers. We felt strongly that Tyreek was the best receiver in football and deserved to get paid that way. They were very complimentary of Tyreek, but they were not prepared to make him the highest-paid receiver in football.

“Then, what happened was the Davante Adams deal got done, and I called Tyreek, and I said ‘Look, here’s a guy that’s older than you, isn’t as accomplished, in my mind, as you, in terms of all the things that Tyreek can do with the football and away from the football – his ability to stretch the defense and open things up for (Travis) Kelce. When Adams got the huge deal, I spoke to Tyreek, and we both agreed that we were going to put the pressure on the Chiefs that they were either going to do a deal like that, or it wasn’t a great fit anymore because the respect isn’t mutual if you don’t see it that way.”

“The crazy part is, I talked to Patrick Mahomes,” Hill said. “I talked to Andy Reid for like 30 minutes or so. I talked to both of them on the phone, I’m like ‘Hey, coach. I don’t even got to be the highest-paid, for real. I just want to be put in a realistic position that’s realistic for me and my family. I don’t got to get $30 million, at least give me $25 (million), $26 million). They wouldn’t even give me numbers even close to that.”

https://news.yahoo.com/tyreek-hill-drew-rosenhaus-share-122915677.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.