Don't sleep on Jalen Wydermeyer

tomur67

4 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

My first instinct was to look at the thread title, the kid's RAS score and then just laugh, but I went and watched some videos and the guy looks like a solid hands-catcher with some RAC ability.  Will be an interesting secondary story to follow throughout camp and preseason and looks like a solid practice squad stash.

If he shows promise  in the preseason and we try to stash him on PS I could see a team picking him up , there’s just not that many great TE’s in this league someone will take a chance 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Putin said:

If he shows promise  in the preseason and we try to stash him on PS I could see a team picking him up , there’s just not that many great TE’s in this league someone will take a chance 

If he shows more promise than Morris, you don't cut him. 

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

WHO>??

Because the SEC network announcers said he was the best college Te doesn't make it fact.  He is the opposite of Knox and Howard.  Is he out working Sweeney?  No way.  Better blocker and knows the playbook.  He is the longest of longshots.  They went 2 Tes last year.  Now they will keep 3 and the 3rd is the least athletic TE in the NFL? No way lol

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

Just looking at the highlights and ignoring his RAS...

Pros: Soft hands; good vision (can find gaps in zone defenses and space to run when he has the ball); decent size; tough to bring down.

Cons: Slow.  He never runs away from people.  In fact, he's often caught from behind.  

And I only saw his highlights.  So I'm not sure about his drop rate, motor, or blocking skills.  

In any case, I can't see him beating out Knox or Howard.  Not sure about Sweeney, either.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Just looking at the highlights and ignoring his RAS...

Pros: Soft hands; good vision (can find gaps in zone defenses and space to run when he has the ball); decent size; tough to bring down.

Cons: Slow.  He never runs away from people.  In fact, he's often caught from behind.  

And I only saw his highlights.  So I'm not sure about his drop rate, motor, or blocking skills.  

In any case, I can't see him beating out Knox or Howard.  Not sure about Sweeney, either.  

Report is that he can't block.

I agree that he looked slow and stiff in highlights. Feels like he got a lot catches because the other team forgot he was there. Although he used his size to block out defenders well.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/11/2022 at 10:28 AM, tomur67 said:

Can you tell us a little more then that?  What is the inside scoop?  A TE3 is nothing special.  Are we talking Butch Rolle if he is lucky, or better then that?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.