Don't sleep on Jalen Wydermeyer

tomur67

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m very tired after a long day, but…….

Do you have a target in mind? I mean, do you think we can get this thread to 25 pages? Maybe 50 pages? It’s not quite Mario Williams, but it’s definitely……….a thing. 

okay, just to do my part

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

okay, just to do my part

The laugh emoji just didn’t seem adequate. 

I don’t generally derail threads, but I don’t think I’m in too much peril here……

FIFTY OR BUST! :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Curiously, at one point - before his amazing RAS score -  he was considered a top prospect.  Here's the conclusion to a profile written after his sophomore season...

Despite suffering a finger injury that required surgery over the spring, Wydermyer heads into the upcoming college football season as one of the top tight ends in the nation. Additionally, he has the talent to be the first tight end selected in the 2022 NFL Draft.

www.profootballnetwork.com/jalen-wydermyer-texas-am-te-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

Edited by hondo in seattle

My first instinct was to look at the thread title, the kid's RAS score and then just laugh, but I went and watched some videos and the guy looks like a solid hands-catcher with some RAC ability.  Will be an interesting secondary story to follow throughout camp and preseason and looks like a solid practice squad stash.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m very tired after a long day, but…….

Do you have a target in mind? I mean, do you think we can get this thread to 25 pages? Maybe 50 pages? It’s not quite Mario Williams, but it’s definitely……….a thing. 

No, he’s not a high-motor lunch-pailer.

On 6/11/2022 at 10:28 AM, tomur67 said:

The UDFA signings thread had some good Wydermeyer input and chat. I posted a few 'hype videos' from him at A+M. It was brought up he was really ill during his testing, that he was a top 3 target in most of his seasons at A+M, lined up out wide occasionally and blocked for Isaiah Spiller who was drafted in this class.

He definitely played faster and stronger and more agile than his 'RAS score'. Last I checked RAS score was not causation for success in the NFL. I'm sure a higher score correlates with more success, but It isn't causal or tell all.

When making a post like this it may not hurt to acknowledge his terrible combine or pro day sores/ why/ show some stats and make your case or attach a video or two.

I think Bills fans are completely overselling OJ Howard, underselling our own in Knox and they may be sleeping on Wydermeyer. JW best chances are the Bills carry 3 TE, or the PS for a season. I do think he will make the team in one of those capacities (TE3/ PS). He has soft hands, good size, finds holes against zone, will block.

2019-2020

2021 not as solid as prior year

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/11/2022 at 10:28 AM, tomur67 said:

I think he has some potential given his physical attributes but theres a reason he was a UDFA.  The odds are probably against him but I’m hoping he catches on the PS and gets some time to develop

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.