Heath Farwell being “honest” with JAX media…

eball

Heath didn’t get the word to Bass…that simple. He choked under pressure and lapsed his communication. Frazier then choked on play calls and the players choked by not changing it as players will do in situations of an obvious miscall (Kelce even called his own play on the field cause he knew it’s be better based on situation) and McD also choked by not stepping in and overruling Frazier.

But too culprit is Heath imo. If he gets that call into Bass then the first domino never falls.

All in all…I think that game made the Bills BETTER and set off a series of events that will set us up for an even better run. I’m honestly glad that game happened the way it did. Exposed some things at a good time. Imagine this exposure not coming when we finally made it back to the super bowl.

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Where did I hear that McD changed his mind about the kickoff (from through the EZ to short of it) and that the amended call never made it to Bass? Farwell was supposedly on the short kick to the EZ train from the moment after the offense scored.

In your mind

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m not sure what you expect him to say. It’s coach speak so he doesn’t have to answer just like McD, Beane, Frazier, and now Smiley all have a non answer of the 13 seconds.  At this point, it’s in the past.  Who cares?  As that douche, Belichick says we’re onto Cincinnati.

I mean did anyone think one of the above people or Farwell would say “uh yeah, I told them to kick it through the end zone vs. squib kicking it”.  It’s never going to happen.  What is evident is Farwell is gone and so is Wallace.  Wallace took a cheap deal from Pittsburgh when we could’ve paid the same.  Those actions tells you which people were to blame.  Sure, McBeane has some ownership as they run the team, but Frazier as much as Farwell has responsibility as they didn’t defend well in overtime.

Onto 2022.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Heath didn’t get the word to Bass…that simple. He choked under pressure and lapsed his communication. Frazier then choked on play calls and the players choked by not changing it as players will do in situations of an obvious miscall (Kelce even called his own play on the field cause he knew it’s be better based on situation) and McD also choked by not stepping in and overruling Frazier.

Based on what Levi said actually the players didn't make the adjustment on the field, they know what they are supposed do in the defense that is called when they see the offense that KC were in and Levi just forgot himself. Now I still think the call was too passive to begin with, but the players should have adjusted. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Why do we need to know? So long as there has been accountability in the building and the mistakes have been learned from what does hanging people out to dry in public achieve? McDermott said right after the game - contrary to what most people seem to think - that it starts with him. That is all we need to know. 

This. McDermott is accountable to his players, his coaches, and his organization. He stated it starts with him a number of times. Anyone who has paid any attention to  his behavior during the time he has been here knows he doesn't expect anything from anyone in that organization that he doesn't, first, expect from himself. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that what transpired at the end of that game has been discussed in excruciating detail and everyone who had a role in what happened has held himself accountable.

That is the type of culture they have built.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

He was being as honest as possible without breaking his word to his previous employer. 

Everything isn't for public knowledge. 

I agree with that, I have not said he should divulge any thing to the public, I said he was not being fully honest in his answers, those two things are separate items to my mind. 

What else is Farwell supposed to say there?

He's just following McDermott's lead in giving non answers to the 13 second debacle. Unless I missed it all McDermott has ever said about it is "We need to execute better". 

I still think it's funny we're talking about the kickoff. The decision to kick out the Endzone vs a kick short of the Endzone changes our win probability by maybe 1%. Having a miscommunication is bad, but the decision itself was irrelevant. 

The real issue was going into a prevent defense and giving the Chiefs back to back free ~20 yard plays. 

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He doesn't want to have to say he F'd up.

correct.  that has to be the answer. 

He sh-t the bed and got sh-t canned the polite way.

Someone go ask Bass what he was told to do.  

Damn shame.  Team knocks itself out and the ST coach throws it all away.  

Good riddance 

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What don't you believe? He is right, it is in the past and a question for the Bills. You can take the fact that they parted terms as an indication that there was some failure somewhere, but what he actually says there is not untrue. 

Honestly, I agree with you

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

But too culprit is Heath imo. If he gets that call into Bass then the first domino never falls.

All in all…I think that game made the Bills BETTER and set off a series of events that will set us up for an even better run. I’m honestly glad that game happened the way it did. Exposed some things at a good time. Imagine this exposure not coming when we finally made it back to the super bowl.

This.  I think the call initially was a touchback, which was told to Bass, but then it was changed and Farwell never told Bass.  And as a result, Farwell is gone.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Based on what Levi said actually the players didn't make the adjustment on the field, they know what they are supposed do in the defense that is called when they see the offense that KC were in and Levi just forgot himself. Now I still think the call was too passive to begin with, but the players should have adjusted. 

Wallace wasn't being truthful imo. Go back and look at the two plays that comprised the 13 second drive. The first is just a bad misread of the situation; they're in prevent which gives up the easy yards to Hill. The next call looks just like 2man w/corners (importantly BOTH corners) playing trail technique. That's not on Levi Wallace when the look is 2man and both DBs are in trail w outside leverage. That's a bad playcall, not bad execution.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Wallace wasn't being truthful imo. Go back and look at the two plays that comprised the 13 second drive. The first is just a bad misread of the situation; they're in prevent which gives up the easy yards to Hill. The next call looks just like 2man w/corners (importantly BOTH corners) playing trail technique. That's not on Levi Wallace when the look is 2man and both DBs are in trail w outside leverage. That's a bad playcall, not bad execution.

I confess I didn't put it on Levi at the time either. But I take him at his word. I don't know what incentive he has to take blame if he doesn't think he erred. His explanation was that he should, based on alignment, have come up to press. I agree with you in terms of what the call looked like. Looked like a 2 deep shell. 

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I confess I didn't put it on Levi at the time either. But I take him at his word. I don't know what incentive he has to take blame if he doesn't think he erred. His explanation was that he should, based on alignment, have come up to press. I agree with you in terms of what the call looked like. Looked like a 2 deep shell. 

I don’t know why he said that but I’ve watched this a number of times since the actual game and imo it just looks like 2man was the call. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Started the ball rolling in the wrong direction? 

I don’t really understand the point of the thread… to go after our ex special teams coach whom deserves some blame, was not even close to the reason they blew those 13 seconds. Again, that’s on Sean McDermott, the head coach who couldn’t get his defense on the same page with questionable defensive play calls.

No one is going after him per say, it’s the “ him and honesty” thing that we are having fun with, its quite evident that he was doing his best politician impression by talking around the question and not actually answering it, that’s all, 

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It's a BS answer.  Months later and we still have no real accountability or an explanation of what really happened.  Hopefully someday, someone will come clean and let us know exactly who ***** up.

And this is what makes no sense.

McDermott had to have made the final decision or it brings even more question to his coaching ability and long term viability. But if it was Farwell or Bass that screwed up the actual execution (assuming a squib kick was supposed to happen) why be so secretive and vague about it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

And this is what makes no sense.

McDermott had to have made the final decision or it brings even more question to his coaching ability and long term viability. But if it was Farwell or Bass that screwed up the actual execution (assuming a squib kick was supposed to happen) why be so secretive and vague about it?

Because good leaders don't blame others. McDermott said it starts with him. That is all you need to know.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.