Heath Farwell being “honest” with JAX media…

eball

15 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I disagree that he was being honest in his response to the question about his role or his feelings, I am not saying he should have said something else, 

His response to the question was:

1. It is in the past - you have accepted that is factually accurate.

2. That it is a matter for the Bills - surely you accept that is true?

3. He doesn't think about it. I mean I don't know whether that is true or not, pure guesswork either way.

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What kind of accountability are you looking for exactly? 

I have asked this question multiple times. They have no answer.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Even with that ***** up, they ***** up the three plays after in ridiculous fashion…. Even with two TOs to figure out a proper defense.

IMO the special teams coach is down the line of people to blame… way behind both McDermott and Frazier.

The topic is about ST coach who evidently started the ball rolling in the wrong direction, stay on topic Scott,

47 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

you don’t get all the way to “and now he should have to publicly address it today” with all that though. 

likely because that’s a jump and reasonable to say it’s not something he needs to do

Not saying that he should, just saying he was giving a canned answer to the question asked, and that in doing so was not being honest, no more no less, 

49 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

you don’t get all the way to “and now he should have to publicly address it today” with all that though. 

likely because that’s a jump and reasonable to say it’s not something he needs to do

Not saying that he needs to do anything, I was saying that he wasn’t being honest with his canned answer to the question asked

• Disagree 1

33 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I disagree that he was being honest in his response to the question about his role or his feelings, I am not saying he should have said something else, 

He was being as honest as possible without breaking his word to his previous employer. 

Everything isn't for public knowledge. 

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

His response to the question was:

1. It is in the past - you have accepted that is factually accurate.

2. That it is a matter for the Bills - surely you accept that is true?

3. He doesn't think about it. I mean I don't know whether that is true or not, pure guesswork either way.

I have asked this question multiple times. They have no answer.

Not so, you may have misinterpreted my answer, could very well be a case of two countries separated by a common language…, 

He's got a new home, a new job, a new group of peers and players.   Immersed in his new life, I believe that he doesn't think about 13 seconds very much.

And I give him credit.  He doesn't sound bitter about Buffalo and doesn't throw anyone under the bus.  

All-in-all it was a positive, classy answer.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

This is the answer he is giving which is both true and false at the same time. He has moved past it and is on to his next venture. The truth of what happened in that situation is only known by those directly involved. In truth, the situation is over. Rehashing it constantly is counterproductive and really doesn't have relevance to the present. You learn from it and move on. 

All of the above is perfectly  reasonable.  That said, I’ve found that when someone says “honest” or “honestly” 37 times in nine seconds that they aren’t always being……..you know.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He wasn't spilling the beans. But that doesn't equate to not being honest. 

It is an art form perfected by politicians and coaches, canned answers, using a bunch of words, at the same time never actually saying anything/ answering the question, this was a case of such a thing. Some call it talking around a topic, while all the time not actually addressing said topic. 

Just now, Don Otreply said:

It is an art form perfected by politicians and coaches, canned answers, using a bunch of words, at the same time never actually saying anything/ answering the question, this was a case of such a thing. Some call it talking around a topic, while all the time not actually addressing said topic. 

Indeed. But it doesn't mean he wasn't honest. It means he wasn't candid. 

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It's a BS answer.  Months later and we still have no real accountability or an explanation of what really happened.  Hopefully someday, someone will come clean and let us know exactly who ***** up.

Will probably be a “Real Sports” or 30 for 30 type documentary on the “greatest NFL game ever played” at some point in the future after a lot of the parties have retired, so they can speak more freely?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Will probably be a “Real Sports” or 30 for 30 type documentary on the “greatest NFL game ever played” at some point in the future after a lot of the parties have retired, so they can speak more freely?

It took like 15 years before Wade admitted that Ralph demanded that Scrub Johnson start the Music City Forward Pass game.  Maybe we'll get answers in 2036.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It's a BS answer.  Months later and we still have no real accountability or an explanation of what really happened.  Hopefully someday, someone will come clean and let us know exactly who ***** up.

Why do we need to know? So long as there has been accountability in the building and the mistakes have been learned from what does hanging people out to dry in public achieve? McDermott said right after the game - contrary to what most people seem to think - that it starts with him. That is all we need to know. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Any.

A new ST coordinator doesn’t count? Or are you looking for a public lynching? 

McD has been here for 5 years, when have you ever known him to deal with things publicly? You really think he hasn’t dissected what went wrong and hasn’t addressed it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

pfft yeah well he's basically "Right" in as much as he has a different team to be concerned with in the now.

AS IF he is going to want to open THAT can of worms in a what would become click bait article if he were to say anything other that what he did.

• Like (+1) 1

Where did I hear that McD changed his mind about the kickoff (from through the EZ to short of it) and that the amended call never made it to Bass? Farwell was supposedly on the short kick to the EZ train from the moment after the offense scored.

1 minute ago, muppy said:

pfft yeah well he's basically "Right" in as much as he has a different team to be concerned with in the now.

AS IF he is going to want to open THAT can of worms in a what would become click bait article if he were to say anything other that what he did.

Its a no win situation for him. Either he admits he messed up or he throws his old team under the bus. 

He gave the typical canned NFL response. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.