Heath Farwell being “honest” with JAX media…

eball

Excerpt from Buffalo News article about Farwell’s PC yesterday:

————

Farwell, who took over as Jaguars special teams coordinator 17 days after the Bills' playoff loss, was asked if he was haunted by the end of the game and what he might have done differently.

"I get that question all the time," Farwell smiled. "To be perfectly honest with you, it’s in the past. I don’t worry about that. Honestly, my answer to that is that’s a question for the Buffalo Bills and Sean McDermott. It’s in the past. I don’t deal with that, to be honest with you.

"That's part of the way I live my life. It’s going forward, and what we’re doing here. I’m loving the guys I work with here. I got a great appreciation for the players there. I had fantastic players, still good friends of mine that I talk to all the time. But down here, I’m trying to build something down here special. That’s what it's about for me. I move on. I honestly don’t think twice about it."

————-

Umm, Heath, I “honestly” don’t believe.you.  Dolt.

• Haha (+1) 6

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What don't you believe? He is right, it is in the past and a question for the Bills. You can take the fact that they parted terms as an indication that there was some failure somewhere, but what he actually says there is not untrue. 

Nor is it true, it is just a canned answer to the question asked, note, Levi Wallace is the only one to fess up, and he’s gone too…, both became liabilities that could not be accepted further. 

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Nor is it true, it is just a canned answer to the question asked, note, Levi Wallace is the only one to fess up, and he’s gone too…, both became liabilities that could not be accepted further. 

It it true. It is in the past, and it is a question for the Bills really. It is not for a coach who has left to start publicising details about something where the Bills have clearly said they don't want to get into specifics in the public domain. If he had done that it would have been a dick move. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

56 minutes ago, eball said:

Excerpt from Buffalo News article about Farwell’s PC yesterday:

————

Farwell, who took over as Jaguars special teams coordinator 17 days after the Bills' playoff loss, was asked if he was haunted by the end of the game and what he might have done differently.

"I get that question all the time," Farwell smiled. "To be perfectly honest with you, it’s in the past. I don’t worry about that. Honestly, my answer to that is that’s a question for the Buffalo Bills and Sean McDermott. It’s in the past. I don’t deal with that, to be honest with you.

"That's part of the way I live my life. It’s going forward, and what we’re doing here. I’m loving the guys I work with here. I got a great appreciation for the players there. I had fantastic players, still good friends of mine that I talk to all the time. But down here, I’m trying to build something down here special. That’s what it's about for me. I move on. I honestly don’t think twice about it."

————-

Umm, Heath, I “honestly” don’t believe.you.  Dolt.

I think he handled this as best as you would want,  did not throw Sean under the bus and basically avoided answering 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It it true. It is in the past, and it is a question for the Bills really. It is not for a coach who has left to start publicising details about something where the Bills have clearly said they don't want to get into specifics in the public domain. If he had done that it would have been a dick move. 

I respectfully disagree with you, in which he was in effect fired for his part in the now infamous “13 seconds”

sure it’s in the past, everything is in the past nearly instantly, it is quite obvious that the Bills blamed him for the incident, and he paid for it with his job and reputation. 

Just now, Don Otreply said:

I respectfully disagree with you, in which he was in effect fired for his part in the now infamous “13 seconds”

sure it’s in the past, everything is in the past nearly instantly, it is quite obvious that the Bills blamed him for the incident, and he paid for it with his job and reputation. 

So what do you disagree with exactly? Do you think he should have commented on something that the Bills have clearly been unwilling to talk about specifics of in public? Surely you don't think that would have been preferable? Because unless you do think that then you agree he is right - this is a question for the Bills. 

This is the answer he is giving which is both true and false at the same time. He has moved past it and is on to his next venture. The truth of what happened in that situation is only known by those directly involved. In truth, the situation is over. Rehashing it constantly is counterproductive and really doesn't have relevance to the present. You learn from it and move on. 

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

He was a convenient fall guy for McD's decisions. 

He's not going to say as much if asked.

• Agree 4
  • Dislike 1

47 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

you don’t get all the way to “and now he should have to publicly address it today” with all that though. 

likely because that’s a jump and reasonable to say it’s not something he needs to do

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

So what do you disagree with exactly? Do you think he should have commented on something that the Bills have clearly been unwilling to talk about specifics of in public? Surely you don't think that would have been preferable? Because unless you do think that then you agree he is right - this is a question for the Bills. 

I disagree that he was being honest in his response to the question about his role or his feelings, I am not saying he should have said something else, 

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It's a BS answer.  Months later and we still have no real accountability or an explanation of what really happened.  Hopefully someday, someone will come clean and let us know exactly who ***** up.

What kind of accountability are you looking for exactly? 

The entire sequence of the 13 seconds would not have occurred if the kickoff was short of the end zone.  Anyone watching the game with even a novice's knowledge of football strategy knew the smart play was to kick the ball inside the 20 yard line and short of the end zone.  A bouncing ball to the 10 yard line would have been perfect. This initial mistake is what allowed the other circumstances a chance to exist.

Even though Farwell was the coordinator, the players should have known what needed to be done.  There were enough veterans on the field that someone should have understood the game situation and have been talking to Bass.

Just like teams have a two minute offence and prevent defense plans for the end of games, you would expect a professional football team to have end of game special teams strategies.  The fact that they either didn't or didn't execute them reflects poorly on Farwell.

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was a convenient fall guy for McD's decisions. 

He's not going to say as much if asked.

It’s not that cut and dry.  McD may have called the short kick.   The coverage team played it that way so someone called it, you can see it on tape.  The call did not get to Bass, that is the problem.  That may be on the ST Coach. No one is saying the exact roles each player and each coach have once the HC makes the call.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.