June Movies: Jurassic World, Lightyear, & Elvis

Mark Vader

Dr. Strange & Top Gun have brought moviegoers plenty of excitement at the start of the Summer Season.

Now with June having arrived the box office will stay hot, as one of the most famous summer movie franchises comes to a conclusion.....for now.

Universal Studios brings us, "Jurassic World: Dominion". Four years after the destruction of Isla Nublar, dinosaurs now live and hunt alongside humans all over the world. This fragile balance will reshape the future and determine, once and for all, whether human beings are to remain the apex predators on a planet they now share with history's most fearsome creatures in a new Era. Starring Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Sam Neill, Laura Dern, DeWanda Wise, Isabella Sermon, B.D. Wong, Dichen Lachman, Omar Sy  & Jeff Goldblum.

Disney & Pixar bring us the animated, "Lightyear". The story of Buzz Lightyear and his adventures to infinity and beyond. Starring Chris Evans, Keke Palmer, Dale Soules, Taika Waititi, & James Brolin.

Warner Bros. presents, Tom Hanks & Austin Butler starring in director Baz Luhrmann's, "Elvis". A look at the life of the legendary rock and roll star, Elvis Presley. Also starring Olivia DeJonge, Dacre Montgomery, Natasha Bassett, Luke Bracey, David Wenham, Richard Roxburgh, & Kodi Smit-McPhee.

Finally, in "The Black Phone", After being abducted by a child killer and locked in a soundproof basement, a 13-year-old boy starts receiving calls on a disconnected phone from the killer's previous victims.

Starring Ethan Hawke, Jeremy Davies, James Ransone & Mason Thames.

Calendar with Trailers

6/10

"Jurassic World: Dominion:     https://www.jurassicworld.com/

6/17

"Lightyear":     https://movies.disney.com/lightyear

6/24

"Elvis":     https://elvis.warnerbros.com/

"The Black Phone":     https://www.theblackphonemovie.com/

That's all for now.....Enjoy!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I saw ELVIS promo yesterday. And Yes I want to see it. Noone has even attempted something like this....such an iconic character and role. I mean look what that kind of role did for Jamie Foxx in Ray an Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury. 

This has that same possible epic outcome for the Elvis actor (i dont recall his name) But I will report back after watching it. I was never a screaming Elvis fan but I am interested in the story they wish to tell about his iconic life.

m

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Somewhat interested in all but not super interested in any. Ethan Hawke and Jeremy Davies is a great combo, though.

This movie was supposed to be released last year.

The few who have already seen it have given it high marks.

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Really interested in Mad God by Phil Tippett, stop motion horror/sci fi movie, with limited release in theaters and Shutter.

Wow! I did not know about this.

These are the types of documentaries we need more of. The stories about the people behind the scenes who create the movie magic.

Saw the new Jurassic last night, I was entertained but still don’t know what to make of it. There were scary scenes, there were Mission Impossible type chases thru cities. Much better than the last one though.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, muppy said:

I saw ELVIS promo yesterday. And Yes I want to see it. Noone has even attempted something like this....such an iconic character and role. I mean look what that kind of role did for Jamie Foxx in Ray an Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury. 

This has that same possible epic outcome for the Elvis actor (i dont recall his name) But I will report back after watching it. I was never a screaming Elvis fan but I am interested in the story they wish to tell about his iconic life.

m

I wonder how much they get into the Tom Parker character? Guy was a piece of work. Likely left the Netherlands as he was a suspect in a murder so got into the US illegally, somehow signs elvis and takes like half his earnings when the normal rate was much lower.  Elvis never toured Europe despite being wildly popular cause Parker didn't have a passport cause he wasn't a citizen. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, muppy said:

m

The actor is Austin Butler.

This movie has potential, especially since Tom Hanks is involved. Baz Luhrmann could really use a big hit to stay relevant.

He hasn't had one since "Moulin Rouge".

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Wow! I did not know about this.

These are the types of documentaries we need more of. The stories about the people behind the scenes who create the movie magic.

I agree, but this isn't a documentary. It's an actual film he started 30 years ago. He shelved it after Jurassic Park came out, but then finally completed it.

5 hours ago, Rico said:

Saw the new Jurassic last night, I was entertained but still don’t know what to make of it. There were scary scenes, there were Mission Impossible type chases thru cities. Much better than the last one though.

Yeah, I haven't been too impressed with these movies, besides the cool special effects.

13 hours ago, Rico said:

How was the original cast? 

5 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

They were pretty good, nice seeing them again. I liked Sam Neill the best.

I like Chris Pratt the most though ever since Parks & Recreation, never would’ve thought he’d make it this big.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Saw JW last night 

went to a 4DX theater with moving seats, wind, “rain” and other special effects.

NOTE - to anyone who is subject to motion sickness, I do not recommend the 4DX.  I needed 3 TUMS afterwards. 

I laughed at the cameo of the SAGA. 

I enjoy the movie,

getting tossed around my seat 💺 wasn’t as enjoyable 

BDH is hot as usual

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/10/2022 at 9:38 AM, Rico said:

Saw it yesterday.

Definitely better than Fallen Kingdom. The Jason Bourne type action sequences was not what I was expecting, but entertaining.

I don't know why this movie is getting so much bad mouthing.

The entire cast did a nice job and the dinosaurs were great. I'm satisfied.

On 6/12/2022 at 6:02 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Saw JW last night 

went to a 4DX theater with moving seats, wind, “rain” and other special effects.

NOTE - to anyone who is subject to motion sickness, I do not recommend the 4DX.  I needed 3 TUMS afterwards. 

I laughed at the cameo of the SAGA. 

I enjoy the movie,

getting tossed around my seat 💺 wasn’t as enjoyable 

BDH is hot as usual

What's the SAGA?

On 6/11/2022 at 2:00 AM, GETTOTHE50 said:

Jeff Goldblum killed it. Sam Neill and Laura Dern were a little insufferable. Could have done without them. The new kid Ramsay Cole imo stole the show in the movie and he was in something else recently saw him and he was fantastic even though the show ended up being nuts. 

18 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Jeff Goldblum killed it. Sam Neill and Laura Dern were a little insufferable. Could have done without them. The new kid Ramsay Cole imo stole the show in the movie and he was in something else recently saw him and he was fantastic even though the show ended up being nuts. 

Goldblum always kills it because he's on screen for like 20 minutes during the whole movie. That said the movie was okay, I mean so many throw backs to the original movie including a guy who looked a bit like Wayne Knight, a Barbasol can and a few shots that clearly meant to emulate other scenes we've seen before, there was also a fun take on one of the less than liked sequels. I'd call it 2.5 out of 5.0 as was entertaining. The mother of the "girl" was a bit of an odd twist. 

Edited by The Jokeman

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Goldblum always kills it because he's on screen for like 20 minutes during the whole movie. That said the movie was okay, I mean so many throw backs to the original movie including a guy who looked a bit like Wayne Knight, a Barbasol can and a few shots that clearly were referencing previous shots too. I'd call it 2.5 out of 5.0 as was entertaining. The mother of the "girl" was a bit of an odd twist. 

I mean the head of the biosin company was a weird character. I mean when the Asian scientist comes to him and is like we screwed up here and I can fix it if we do this and he's like...no. Am I remembering how that scene played out correctly?

• Like (+1) 1

Took me a sec to realize who the CEO of BioSyn really was, and then they showed the Barbasol can. That was cool.

The raptor stuff was so dumb.

The dino with the long claws was legitimately scary and it would've been nice to see more of that. It could be the antagonist of its own movie.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.