La conjecture fired

Sharky7337

51 minutes ago, folz said:

From the article:

"La Canfora has also become increasingly political on his Twitter page. His entire timeline is dedicated to Jan. 6, Donald Trump and supposedly racist white people. In sum, La Canfora was hurting the reputation of CBS Sports.

The network decides to stay in-house with Jonathan Jones as his replacement. Jones, not exactly a news-breaker, is most known for publishing a column that accused the media of favoring Carson Wentz because he has white skin.

Jones posted this story despite pages of examples that debunked his thesis. Nevertheless, the column got Jones’ name out there. So it was worth the lie."

Good on you CBS...fire one guy for lack of sources, spreading false stories, and pushing his personal politics...and replace him with a guy who apparently has no sources, and who made his name with a false story that involved personal politics. 🙄

At least he wasn't replaced by Josh Allen hater Bomani Jones.  I'm surprised his replacement isn't Judy Battista, who is already the insider on CBS owned Paramount +'s Inside the NFL.  

2 hours ago, LittleSammy said:

Let's hope that one of his deepest passions is not now becoming a Moderator here on TBD!

The real question here is:  Is he any good at Haiku?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

What does it take to become an insider?  What does Adam Schefter have to do to obtain the information that he does?  

Have it leaked to him…

Agents and GMs want to get their side of the story pushing their agenda into the media …

Appears that they didnt trust La Canfora to do this..

6 hours ago, Rico said:

:lol:

He’s still on the Baltimore FAN weekdays  on the afternoon shift, I heard him for a minute or so driving home last night.

"I was just terminated, but I'm ridiculously fired up."

Trust this guy as far as you can throw him.

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Have it leaked to him…

Agents and GMs want to get their side of the story pushing their agenda into the media …

Appears that they didnt trust La Canfora to do this..

Right, but how do you even get started?  What favors take place, I wonder.  

20 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Right, but how do you even get started?  What favors take place, I wonder.  

You get or create a job in media where you can essentially provide 3rd party advertising space for player agents.

In my own business experience.......people who want to be paid for information will seek you out.   So I'd assume that is generally how a guy like LaCanfora finds a scout or front office person who can give them dirt for a few bucks.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well, as the other tweet lauding his firing noted.........what do you expect?  

He IS a Red Sox fan.   

talk about fake news...WAS...whats a little bit of truth got to do any of these posts ?

wikipedia

an American sports writer, radio host, and television analyst. He joined NFL Network and NFL.com before the 2009 season and served as an NFL insider and reporter until 2012. La Canfora appeared on NFL Total Access, NFL GameDay Morning, NFL GameDay Final, and Thursday Night Kickoff Presented by Sears. He also contributed stories and blogs to NFL.com. He replaced Adam Schefter, who left for ESPN.[1] Before joining NFL Network, he worked ten years for The Washington Post and covered the Washington Redskins for six years. Prior to the Post, he was the Detroit Red Wings beat writer for the Detroit Free Press. On June 1, 2012, La Canfora announced via Twitter that he would be leaving NFL Network on July 1, 2012, after his contract expires for CBS Sports, replacing Charley Casserly on The NFL Today pregame show on Sundays. He currently co-hosts “Inside Access with Jason La Canfora and Ken Weinman” on Baltimore’s WJZ 105.7 The Fan. [2] La Canfora currently resides in Baltimore, Maryland, with his wife Lauren and three children. La Canfora was a avid Boston Red Sox fan from 2004-2013, he is now a Baltimore Orioles fan. La Canfora has been open about his struggles with binge eating; as spoken about on his afternoon radio show.

2 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

talk about fake news...WAS...whats a little bit of truth got to do any of these posts ?

wikipedia

La Canfora was a avid Boston Red Sox fan from 2004-2013, he is now a Baltimore Orioles fan. La Canfora has been open about his struggles with binge eating; as spoken about on his afternoon radio show(in Baltimore).

hes-changed-they-dont-change.gif

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.