Fantastic DaQuan Jones interview

Rigotz

I’m surprised this hasn’t been posted yet. Great interview between DaQuan and Jim Rome:

His two reasons for joining the Bills:

- Opportunity to win a championship

- Time to come home (from Johnson City, NY)

This was a sneaky good signing. Like a more consistent Star Lotulelei. Won’t show up on the stat sheet but he’ll help stop the run, eat up blockers to free up second level rushers, and best of all has a history of being AVAILABLE.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 11

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

A buddy of mine married a girl from Johnson City. That whole area of NY out near Albany feels like it stopped in 1978 or something. Everything felt so outdated when I went out there for their engagement party. 

I rented a rehearsal space for a band in Johnson City a few years ago at something called NY Penn Trade Center. One of the guys in the band was Breaking Benjamins former drummer. He lives in northern PA so we met halfway in Johnson City. It is an absolute scumhole, it's exactly as you described, it's like the land that time forgot. The toilet in the building looked like it hadn't been flushed in 30 years. I have pictures, but I'm sure you don't want to see them LOL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, blacklabel said:

A buddy of mine married a girl from Johnson City. That whole area of NY out near Albany feels like it stopped in 1978 or something. Everything felt so outdated when I went out there for their engagement party. 

Was everyone wearing bell bottoms?

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Johnson City is just West of Binghamton, much closer to Scranton PA than to Albany. Binghamton/Johnson City/Endicott are called the Triple Cities.

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, blacklabel said:

This is different from Buffalo how?   Or Rochester or Erie or St Catherines/Hamilton or anywhere in Bills country.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I’m surprised this hasn’t been posted yet. Great interview between DaQuan and Jim Rome:

This was a sneaky good signing. Like a more consistent Star Lotulelei. Won’t show up on the stat sheet but he’ll help stop the run, eat up blockers to free up second level rushers, and best of all has a history of being AVAILABLE.

He's a better player than that traffic cone Star Lotulelei...........but it's a bit rich having a player sign for a very surprisingly large sum and then have him act like this was just a passion project. :rolleyes:    Dude played on 1 year $4M contract in Carolina last year........had a lesser performing season than he had in 2020.........and then got a 2 year deal for $14M with $10M+ gtd.    There wasn't any hometown or ring chasing discount........he is in Buffalo because he got PAID more in Buffalo than he was likely to be paid anywhere else.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's a better player than that traffic cone Star Lotulelei...........but it's a bit rich having a player sign for a very surprisingly large sum and then have him act like this was just a passion project. :rolleyes:    Dude played on 1 year $4M contract in Carolina last year........had a lesser performing season than he had in 2020.........and then got a 2 year deal for $14M with $10M+ gtd.    There wasn't any hometown or ring chasing discount........he is in Buffalo because he got PAID more in Buffalo than he was likely to be paid anywhere else.

Zay Jones signed in Jacksonville because he really likes swamp fishing.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, blacklabel said:

I’ve felt that way about every town in western NY since I was in college.  

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Zay Jones signed in Jacksonville because he really likes swamp fishing.

He says it was his heart that made the decision.   His haircut says he wanted to retire a Raider but I guess we will have to take his word for it.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I rented a rehearsal space for a band in Johnson City a few years ago at something called NY Penn Trade Center. One of the guys in the band was Breaking Benjamins former drummer. He lives in northern PA so we met halfway in Johnson City. It is an absolute scumhole, it's exactly as you described, it's like the land that time forgot. The toilet in the building looked like it hadn't been flushed in 30 years. I have pictures, but I'm sure you don't want to see them LOL. 

I do!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Rigotz said:

yuxk, only thing worse is Endicott!  (I kid, used to live in Vestal till mid 90’s, I think there was some sort of rivalry). Cool that he is a Southern Tier guy, not many in NFL or even D1.   

9 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Nonsense...that town, at least, made it to 1983...😉

58 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ve felt that way about every town in western NY since I was in college.  

I mean.........that's part of the charm of central and WNY.    Sometimes it's just not necessary to replace everything old with something new.   I own a home in SW FL where almost every building within a 50 mile radius was built in the past 30 years.    Everything is new.   It's not run down but it also has very little character or history.    That's often the trade-off.    @blacklabel is dogging Binghamton..........has he ever seen the neighborhoods around the Bills stadium?  Ain't no new McMansions on that side of town.  Danny's?   The Big Tree?   These are like historical sites to Bills fans and they all look like something from a half century or more ago.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.