Does this Pats fan make sense? 🤔 I HATE to admit I agree with him.

StHustle

21 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Guys I never said I agree with him saying the Bills are irrelevant in his video title. That was click bait title. He never even makes that claim in the video. I said I agree with him that we need to let this Patriots thing go. It’s a different era now. Miami is back to being are biggest competition. What good is it scoffing at the Pats for anything cause they are in a rebuild period otter dominating us over our damn near 20 year rebuild period?!!

According to the Pats fans they were relevant before the wild card game and it was an equal matchup with the bills slight favored. After all they didnt have to throw the ball more than 3 times and beat us remember? We are expected to just pretend we didnt lay the smackdown on them? What would that look like? I think most of us were looking on to Kansas City shortly after the game Sunday Night, but no we arent going to simmer down on a perfect record breaking game by Josh Allen because some pats fans think we should be "punching up."

Also I take issue with Baltimore not "punching down" to the Pats. They didn't even play them last year, they didnt even make the playoffs. Like what would Baltimore possibly have to say that is at all relevant?

Better comparison would have been the colts that they got smashed by and one look at the colts forums shows they were dancing the night away after that game. Miami was even talking trash to the Patriots after beating them twice. I just don't even know what the guy is talking about. Just sounds like us when the Patriots were beating us lol.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

So late last night I was doing my daily YouTube check for some new good Bills content and came across a video entitled "Buffalo Bills As Irrelevant on the National Stage As They've Ever Been, And It's Their Own Fault"

Now usually I would blow past some nonsense click bait such as this, but I had a few drinks and felt like talking ***** to my TV so I played it. Wow did I end up unhappy. The guy made several valid points Im forced to agree with. I was taken back to my initial feelings when Tom left the Patriots, of how pissed I was he was really leaving with that record he has against us set in stone. I knew their was no way to get the record to respectable numbers at that point but was hoping to at least defeat him in a playoff game (or something!) before he went packing. I knew the Pats wouldn't be much without him and immediately felt like they were no longer who we needed to be concerned with. It boggled my mind how the Pats were still spoken about, not only in the media, but on TBD, as if Brady never left.

Think about it. How are we justified constantly talking bad about the Pats current status and gloating about our superiority after they just had an unprecedented divisional run not seen in any major league's sports history? Of course it wasn't going to last forever. Yes, we're glad we were the team to take over after their run ended but now we need to focus our attention to teams that actually have potential to stand in our way.

Oh and I hate how at the end he quotes random Bills fans' I'll advised twitter posts as if it reflect who Bills Mafia is. You can do that with fans of any team including the Pats of course.

In conclusion, I know we as a fanbase have mellowed out on the Pats hate talk as these past two post-Brady seasons have transpired but I still think we should be done with it completely. Pats did make the playoffs last year with a ROOKIE QB leading them all season, which has only happened to 12 teams in the Superbowl era (sidenote: it happened with 3 teams in 2012 alone which is a huge anomaly) and even in the last decade only one rookie QB starting most the season even has a winning record under his belt. So if anything, the Pats are better than I thought they'd be. Yes we dominate them now and I live it, but let's stop punching down.

58cefc26-7096-45f3-a77f-a060c13ca9d5_tex

• Haha (+1) 1

It's only to Patriots loons like that guy that it seems that we're always punching down at the Patriots.

We talk about them, yeah. But any Bills fan knows it's the Chiefs we talk much more about. 

So, nah. Only in a Pats-centric universe does it make sense to answer one article about the Pats and pretend that it means as he thinks that the Bills are focusing on the Pats.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

58cefc26-7096-45f3-a77f-a060c13ca9d5_tex

Lol, why? For agreeing with a Pats fan that the new Bills are so great the Patriots shouldn’t even be on our radar? Or the opinion that we shouldn’t be gloating in our current dominance considering them coming off record setting dominance over us?

All I’m sayin is ***** the Pats. But let’s stop looking at them than anything more than the Jets.

I have a narrow focus.  I don't care what the national media thinks.  I don't care if the Bills are viewed as "relevant" or not - whatever that means. I certainly don't care what's happening in Boston or what Pats fans think. 

Each week during the football season when I sit down in front of the tv, I only care if the Bills win.  That's it. 

And lately we've been winning more than losing.  I'm enjoying the ride.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

There is some truth to this but I still think Brady and the Pats would have had similar success even with better QBs/coaches in the division from 2001 - 2019 simply because 6 world titles and nearly 20 division titles aren't a fluke no matter which way you slice it.

If Allen and this team are in the east during Pats run they most definitely don’t come close to 6 titles

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Lol, why? For agreeing with a Pats fan that the new Bills are so great the Patriots shouldn’t even be on our radar? Or the opinion that we shouldn’t be gloating in our current dominance considering them coming off record setting dominance over us?

All I’m sayin is ***** the Pats. But let’s stop looking at them than anything more than the Jets.

Whose radar are they on? I don’t know anyone worried about the Pats. Will that stop us from rubbing their fans noses in it sometimes? No. They certainly had no problems doing that when they were riding high. 

If we earned anything the last 20 years eating ish, it’s that right. 

I for one will unabashedly take great pleasure in their misfortunes. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

31 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I was just messin' with you.

The last two games the Bills played against the Pats where the Bills didn't even have to punt is proof positive that the Pats aren't on the Bills level right now.

That being said, I will still revel in every beatdown the Bills give the Pats in the same way I am sure that the Pats fans reveled in beating the drought-era Bills every time....that's what you do when you beat a division rival.

Sounds to me that this guy is trying to prop up the relevance of the Pats through the actions of a division rivals' fan base.....an argument that doesn't make much sense.

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Guys I never said I agree with him saying the Bills are irrelevant in his video title. That was click bait title. He never even makes that claim in the video. I said I agree with him that we need to let this Patriots thing go. It’s a different era now. Miami is back to being are biggest competition. What good is it scoffing at the Pats for anything cause they are in a rebuild period otter dominating us over our damn near 20 year rebuild period?!!

Honestly, considering your OP, when I clicked on this thing, I was expecting to hear something compelling. I didn't. This episode of this guy's podcast gets a blue ribbon for whining. "Patriots* fans never punched down on their division rivals..."

Oh really...?

Go to any Pats* forum right now, and see what they're saying about the Jets. Patriots* fans have been some of the most arrogant, obnoxious, and insulting fans in the history of sports. I know lots of them. I have quite a bit of family in Boston. My brother lives in Boston. My wife is from Boston. I have co-workers, and friends who are Pats* fans. I have endured the gloating, and smarmy posturing from these fair-weather fools for 20 years. 

And this jackass has the audacity to tell us to "let it go...?" THEY still can't let it go.  If you know Pats* fans, you will still hear the refrain of "we have six Lombardis... how many do the Bills have?" and "13 seconds," and "Bills can never win the Big Game," and "the Von Miller contract is going to destroy your future..." blah, blah, blah.

For the most part, the only Pats* fans who understand that their reign of dominance is over (and not just on hiatus) are the ones who have left. (Like my father-in-law. He is now a Rams fan). 

I will "stop punching down" when the Patriots* are sitting at the bottom of the division, daydreaming about Tom Brady* over a stale Sam Adams Winter brew.

Maybe.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, julian said:

If Allen and this team are in the east during Pats run they most definitely don’t come close to 6 titles

Yep. It's hindsight but if in 2004 the Bills dont draft JP, and instead wait until 2005 to draft Aaron Rodgers and hire Sean Payton as the HC... then the Pats, while still being a dynasty and winning some championships, dont have nearly the same run.

This is a never ending cycle in the NFL...Pats fans did the same when they climbed the ranks after the 90's Bills run.  The Pats sucked hard back then, even when Bledsoe joined the team early on.  Pats fans punched down to the Bills for a long time until Buffalo became completely irrelevant.

However, the Pats are division rivals and there will always be slap talk concerning the past, present and future.

The video(I didn't watch) was most likely made by a short time Pats fan that has only known success and has a limited sample size to pull from.  

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yep. It's hindsight but if in 2004 the Bills dont draft JP, and instead wait until 2005 to draft Aaron Rodgers and hire Sean Payton as the HC... then the Pats, while still being a dynasty and winning some championships, dont have nearly the same run.

Exactly… I just disagree with the idea that fans should feel a certain way because the division has been free the last 2 years… who gives a sh*t… pats had a free ride for 2 decades 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll let my disdain for the pats* go when Im dead. lol 

They're just so much fun to snark at.  I can be a gracious and happy BILLS Fan as well as disdain  the pats* and their  "legacy" I scoff at their team AND as a divisional rival I say Bring your best because our team is not trifling around. Trifle  #17  Patsies  LOL

can't wait for the season mateys.

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

So late last night I was doing my daily YouTube check for some new good Bills content and came across a video entitled "Buffalo Bills As Irrelevant on the National Stage As They've Ever Been, And It's Their Own Fault"

Now usually I would blow past some nonsense click bait such as this, but I had a few drinks and felt like talking ***** to my TV so I played it. Wow did I end up unhappy. The guy made several valid points Im forced to agree with. I was taken back to my initial feelings when Tom left the Patriots, of how pissed I was he was really leaving with that record he has against us set in stone. I knew their was no way to get the record to respectable numbers at that point but was hoping to at least defeat him in a playoff game (or something!) before he went packing. I knew the Pats wouldn't be much without him and immediately felt like they were no longer who we needed to be concerned with. It boggled my mind how the Pats were still spoken about, not only in the media, but on TBD, as if Brady never left.

Think about it. How are we justified constantly talking bad about the Pats current status and gloating about our superiority after they just had an unprecedented divisional run not seen in any major league's sports history? Of course it wasn't going to last forever. Yes, we're glad we were the team to take over after their run ended but now we need to focus our attention to teams that actually have potential to stand in our way.

Oh and I hate how at the end he quotes random Bills fans' I'll advised twitter posts as if it reflect who Bills Mafia is. You can do that with fans of any team including the Pats of course.

In conclusion, I know we as a fanbase have mellowed out on the Pats hate talk as these past two post-Brady seasons have transpired but I still think we should be done with it completely. Pats did make the playoffs last year with a ROOKIE QB leading them all season, which has only happened to 12 teams in the Superbowl era (sidenote: it happened with 3 teams in 2012 alone which is a huge anomaly) and even in the last decade only one rookie QB starting most the season even has a winning record under his belt. So if anything, the Pats are better than I thought they'd be. Yes we dominate them now and I live it, but let's stop punching down.

"but I had a few drinks"...

Well yeah, that's why it made sense to you.  Some people will never get over wanting to be the underdog.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.