Does this Pats fan make sense? 🤔 I HATE to admit I agree with him.

StHustle

11 minutes ago, Success said:

This commentator just wrote another piece w/ the whole "Bills fans should punch up" thing.

Give me a break. I'm going to rejoice, celebrate, gloat & be ecstatic about every single Patriots loss from now until the sun burns out. 

Punch up???

On 6/8/2022 at 11:00 AM, StHustle said:

So late last night I was doing my daily YouTube check for some new good Bills content and came across a video entitled "Buffalo Bills As Irrelevant on the National Stage As They've Ever Been, And It's Their Own Fault"

Now usually I would blow past some nonsense click bait such as this, but I had a few drinks and felt like talking ***** to my TV so I played it. Wow did I end up unhappy. The guy made several valid points Im forced to agree with. I was taken back to my initial feelings when Tom left the Patriots, of how pissed I was he was really leaving with that record he has against us set in stone. I knew their was no way to get the record to respectable numbers at that point but was hoping to at least defeat him in a playoff game (or something!) before he went packing. I knew the Pats wouldn't be much without him and immediately felt like they were no longer who we needed to be concerned with. It boggled my mind how the Pats were still spoken about, not only in the media, but on TBD, as if Brady never left.

Think about it. How are we justified constantly talking bad about the Pats current status and gloating about our superiority after they just had an unprecedented divisional run not seen in any major league's sports history? Of course it wasn't going to last forever. Yes, we're glad we were the team to take over after their run ended but now we need to focus our attention to teams that actually have potential to stand in our way.

Oh and I hate how at the end he quotes random Bills fans' I'll advised twitter posts as if it reflect who Bills Mafia is. You can do that with fans of any team including the Pats of course.

In conclusion, I know we as a fanbase have mellowed out on the Pats hate talk as these past two post-Brady seasons have transpired but I still think we should be done with it completely. Pats did make the playoffs last year with a ROOKIE QB leading them all season, which has only happened to 12 teams in the Superbowl era (sidenote: it happened with 3 teams in 2012 alone which is a huge anomaly) and even in the last decade only one rookie QB starting most the season even has a winning record under his belt. So if anything, the Pats are better than I thought they'd be. Yes we dominate them now and I live it, but let's stop punching down.

Still feeling so "worried" there cupcake?

22 minutes ago, Success said:

This commentator just wrote another piece w/ the whole "Bills fans should punch up" thing.

Give me a break. I'm going to rejoice, celebrate, gloat & be ecstatic about every single Patriots loss from now until the sun burns out. 

We had to put up with their crap for 20 years and listen to their fans rub it in our faces. They can go to hell, hell, hell as far as I am concerned and go take those random objects thrown on the field meant for Brady and shove them where the sun don't shine.

I doubt it's as close as 14 points when we play them to end the season of the Bills need the game and aren't resting anyone.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Punch up???

Yeah - his whole thing is that we should be focused on a team like the Chiefs (punching up), rather than celebrating too much about beating the Pats (punching down).  He didn't like when some Bills guy said yesterday that it was almost as fun watching the Pats lose in that fashion as it was watching the Bills win.

It's silly.  Yes, the Pats are irrelevant. But after the Brady years, I'm gonna thoroughly enjoy every Pats loss and every bad or mediocre season they have, for many years.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Success said:

Yeah - his whole thing is that we should be focused on a team like the Chiefs (punching up), rather than celebrating too much about beating the Pats (punching down).  He didn't like when some Bills guy said yesterday that it was almost as fun watching the Pats lose in that fashion as it was watching the Bills win.

It's silly.  Yes, the Pats are irrelevant. But after the Brady years, I'm gonna thoroughly enjoy every Pats loss and every bad or mediocre season they have, for many years.  

Thanks for the education.  Didn't know the meaning and I agree.  I don't care about punching up or down or any direction, I always want to beat down the pats and watching that playoff game last year was basically heaven on earth and me dying laughing at the pats all game.  Best 3 hours watching football I think I've ever had.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Success said:

They can dish it for 20 years but they can't take it for 2 years. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

***** him and ***** the cheatriots.

If they never win another game I'd give zero *****. 

Seeing their fans suffer is delicious and I want more of it! 

Exactly. They need another...18 or so years of this before we're square. 

Just the way things are, unfortunately. If the Pats need somebody to feel sorry for them or show pity, there's plenty of other places to look. 

• Agree 2

On 6/8/2022 at 8:27 AM, FilthyBeast said:

Not going to lie, in some ways the Bills recent success (specifically back to back AFCE titles) does feel a bit hollow since we did this post Brady and in a watered down division as a whole.

And this is another criticism of McDermott (and JA17 to a certain degree) is that they were never able to beat the Pats with Brady as their QB. Yes winning 4 of the last 5 including a dominant win against them in the playoffs is great but we all know it's not the same Pats team that was dominating the conference and league the greater part of the previous two decades.

This is like saying Jordan’s Bulls wouldn’t beat Lebrons lakers… we will never know lol. 
when the Bills play Brady it won’t be the 2000 whatever Pats again, ever. 
it’sa new chapter in the NFL books and Bills legacies. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I'm old enough to remember at least part of the '70s and I still haven't stopped taking extreme delight in every Dolphins defeat.  This will go on for a long, long time.

• Agree 3

54 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Exactly. They need another...18 or so years of this before we're square. 

Just the way things are, unfortunately. If the Pats need somebody to feel sorry for them or show pity, there's plenty of other places to look. 

I remember a game in Buffalo fans were full throat from the parking lot thru the first quarter screaming ***** Tom Brady. 

The score was 0-28  before the fans gave up, defeated again. 

The Bills came back later as did the fans and made it alot closer than it was but that was just one asskicking I had to witness. 

I have zero sympathy. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

One of the only things I enjoy more than the Pats losing, is watching Pats fans whine about getting the same treatment they gleefully dished out for 20 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.