Does this Pats fan make sense? 🤔 I HATE to admit I agree with him.

StHustle

I'm looking forward to slapping them around the field again this fall.

16 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Lol I feel like nobody understood what I was saying. This thread was targeted to the “ha ha look you guys suck now!” Crowd…I never agreed with any of the clickbait nonsense from his title. Thought I made that clear.m pretty certain 90% of these comments are coming from people who didn’t listen to the video at all.

IMO…Brady/Bills we’re the real rivalry. When do we still talk about this as much as we do? I get they are division opponents but to get all excited that their inevitable rebuild is finally here after a record run and our record drought…makes no sense. I’m still pissed Tom before we were finally good enough to take em out the playoffs. I get very little satisfaction from their current status..I mean they even made the playoffs with a rookie QB. I wanted them to experience a nice drought. I just feel we are so much better than them so why bother talking ***** about them so much. We haven’t even made it to a Super Bowl in almost 30 years.

I get all kinds of satisfaction of watching Belichick looking like someone took a dump on his chest while the Bills are crushing his team.

In fact, it arouses me.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

Lol I feel like nobody understood what I was saying. This thread was targeted to the “ha ha look you guys suck now!” Crowd…I never agreed with any of the clickbait nonsense from his title. Thought I made that clear.m pretty certain 90% of these comments are coming from people who didn’t listen to the video at all.

IMO…Brady/Bills we’re the real rivalry. When do we still talk about this as much as we do? I get they are division opponents but to get all excited that their inevitable rebuild is finally here after a record run and our record drought…makes no sense. I’m still pissed Tom before we were finally good enough to take em out the playoffs. I get very little satisfaction from their current status..I mean they even made the playoffs with a rookie QB. I wanted them to experience a nice drought. I just feel we are so much better than them so why bother talking ***** about them so much. We haven’t even made it to a Super Bowl in almost 30 years.

Honestly, this doesn't make sense to me.

For starters, they ARE experiencing a drought.  The Patriots haven't won a playoff game since 2017.

But give me a break.  We're fans.  Go to ANY Red Sox message board on the internet, and you'll find a dozen comments from their fans (at least) saying how much the Yankees suck.  That applies when the Yankees are on top, like they are today, and when they have had miserable losing seasons. It doesn't matter.  Because they were under the Yankees thumb for many years, and most fans during that time couldn't wait to flip the script.  That's an enjoyable thing - finally punching the bully in the nose, and knowing he ain't gonna bug you for a long, long time.

I plan to relish every Patriots struggle from now until the end of days.  Of course the ultimate is a Bills SB win and that's the top priority, but I can chew gum & walk at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/8/2022 at 11:00 AM, StHustle said:

So late last night I was doing my daily YouTube check for some new good Bills content and came across a video entitled "Buffalo Bills As Irrelevant on the National Stage As They've Ever Been, And It's Their Own Fault"

Now usually I would blow past some nonsense click bait such as this, but I had a few drinks and felt like talking ***** to my TV so I played it. Wow did I end up unhappy. The guy made several valid points Im forced to agree with. I was taken back to my initial feelings when Tom left the Patriots, of how pissed I was he was really leaving with that record he has against us set in stone. I knew their was no way to get the record to respectable numbers at that point but was hoping to at least defeat him in a playoff game (or something!) before he went packing. I knew the Pats wouldn't be much without him and immediately felt like they were no longer who we needed to be concerned with. It boggled my mind how the Pats were still spoken about, not only in the media, but on TBD, as if Brady never left.

Think about it. How are we justified constantly talking bad about the Pats current status and gloating about our superiority after they just had an unprecedented divisional run not seen in any major league's sports history? Of course it wasn't going to last forever. Yes, we're glad we were the team to take over after their run ended but now we need to focus our attention to teams that actually have potential to stand in our way.

Oh and I hate how at the end he quotes random Bills fans' I'll advised twitter posts as if it reflect who Bills Mafia is. You can do that with fans of any team including the Pats of course.

In conclusion, I know we as a fanbase have mellowed out on the Pats hate talk as these past two post-Brady seasons have transpired but I still think we should be done with it completely. Pats did make the playoffs last year with a ROOKIE QB leading them all season, which has only happened to 12 teams in the Superbowl era (sidenote: it happened with 3 teams in 2012 alone which is a huge anomaly) and even in the last decade only one rookie QB starting most the season even has a winning record under his belt. So if anything, the Pats are better than I thought they'd be. Yes we dominate them now and I live it, but let's stop punching down.

With the rise of Miami, the Pats will have a tough time making the playoffs this year. I think this is going to be the start of the downfall of Bill Belichick. They got absolutely exposed in the playoffs and I think it’s going to be a long time before they recover from it. Mac Jones is what he is. A game manager that needs an elite defense and running game to win. 

Yes it sucks that we didn’t get a chance to beat on Brady for a few seasons, but I for one am glad that he’s not in this division or conference anymore.

I don't think it has anything to do with "punching up," or "punching down," and everything to do with it just being smack talk between your closest division rival.

You think Ravens fans stop talking crap about the Steelers when they're atop the division? You think the Bengals fans stopped talking crap about the Browns even though they made the Super Bowl? Hell, do you think ANY of the NFC North fans stop talking crap about the Browns EVER?

Acting like the Pats have been bottom feeders for years, when like he said, "they were out of the playoffs only ONCE after Brady," is pretty disingenuous. Not only that, the Pats were competing for AFC East champ until final weeks of the year, while also being atop the entire AFC at one point late in the year. Buffalo finished with 1 more win... Hardly "punching down."

Factor in nearly 20 years of getting beat down by the Pats? Yeah, the ire is pretty well earned regardless of either team's record. He must have forgotten the early years of Brady when Pats fans were "punching down" on the Bills, which then just grew louder when Bledsoe (& later Milloy) joined the team. That's just sports.

Calling them "irrelevant" doesn't make it reality, regardless of what the fans do. Max prime time games, NFL opener/Thanksgiving/#1 SB odds/etc. prove nationally, they're far from "irrelevant."

As long as BB is at the helm of the Pats they will always be a nemesis in the east because although Brady was a big reason for their success Bill had a lot to do with it too but for him to say the Bills are irrelevant i think not .

The ultimate SB for me would have been the Bills vs Tampa & it would have been even better if it had happened the year it was in Tampa stadium as a redemption game just some frosting on the cake seeing as that's where the Bills lost their first SB beating Brady there would have been great  .

But that would be in a perfect world & i will be good to settle for the Bills beating Brady in a SB & sending him off into the sunset . Just think if Brady would have stayed with the Pats sure the Bills could have beaten him for the eastern division championship but beating him in a SB to send him into retirement with that defeat would be just that much sweeter !! 💪 GO BILLS !!! 

On 6/8/2022 at 10:00 AM, StHustle said:

So late last night I was doing my daily YouTube check for some new good Bills content and came across a video entitled "Buffalo Bills As Irrelevant on the National Stage As They've Ever Been, And It's Their Own Fault"

Now usually I would blow past some nonsense click bait such as this, but I had a few drinks and felt like talking ***** to my TV so I played it. Wow did I end up unhappy. The guy made several valid points Im forced to agree with. I was taken back to my initial feelings when Tom left the Patriots, of how pissed I was he was really leaving with that record he has against us set in stone. I knew their was no way to get the record to respectable numbers at that point but was hoping to at least defeat him in a playoff game (or something!) before he went packing. I knew the Pats wouldn't be much without him and immediately felt like they were no longer who we needed to be concerned with. It boggled my mind how the Pats were still spoken about, not only in the media, but on TBD, as if Brady never left.

Think about it. How are we justified constantly talking bad about the Pats current status and gloating about our superiority after they just had an unprecedented divisional run not seen in any major league's sports history? Of course it wasn't going to last forever. Yes, we're glad we were the team to take over after their run ended but now we need to focus our attention to teams that actually have potential to stand in our way.

Oh and I hate how at the end he quotes random Bills fans' I'll advised twitter posts as if it reflect who Bills Mafia is. You can do that with fans of any team including the Pats of course.

In conclusion, I know we as a fanbase have mellowed out on the Pats hate talk as these past two post-Brady seasons have transpired but I still think we should be done with it completely. Pats did make the playoffs last year with a ROOKIE QB leading them all season, which has only happened to 12 teams in the Superbowl era (sidenote: it happened with 3 teams in 2012 alone which is a huge anomaly) and even in the last decade only one rookie QB starting most the season even has a winning record under his belt. So if anything, the Pats are better than I thought they'd be. Yes we dominate them now and I live it, but let's stop punching down.

Fk the pats, their fans, and everything that organization stands for.

I hope they lose every game from here on out.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/8/2022 at 11:08 PM, K-9 said:

If I was a Pats*** fan, I’d be more concerned if my team could force the Bills to punt after going eight straight quarters of football without doing so. 

And while there is no denying we were Brady’s punching bag whenever he played us, he never did to us what Josh did to them in that playoff game, either. Only one team in league history has played a perfect offensive game and the Pats*** will always be the defense that gave it up. 

Well, they DID beat us 56-10 in 2007 when they had Randy Moss. I remember that game very clearly. JP Losman was our starting QB. 

20 minutes ago, Success said:

Just saw a Pats fan online posting how "mad" he was that the Patriots weren't getting any respect this offseason, and how he couldn't wait to prove the whole league wrong.

Yeah....I remember my 1st drought.

their MacNugget QB was throwing long passes at camp. 

Prepare for the DEEP game 

😝 😆 😜 

LMAO

• Like (+1) 1

I am going to visit Boston this summer for the first time since Spygate and I am not going to be wearing my Bills stuff. I am afraid of their fans acting out when I am with my family. The best part of the trip is apparently my wife's family who lives there is gonna "surprise" me with a nice tour of Gillette Stadium, and said to my wife it will be like a haunted house to me. I don't fear them anymore and they are just like the Jets to me, a team to be beaten on the way to the playoffs, there are several teams that scare me but the Pats are not them 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am going to visit Boston this summer for the first time since Spygate and I am not going to be wearing my Bills stuff. I am afraid of their fans acting out when I am with my family. The best part of the trip is apparently my wife's family who lives there is gonna "surprise" me with a nice tour of Gillette Stadium, and said to my wife it will be like a haunted house to me. I don't fear them anymore and they are just like the Jets to me, a team to be beaten on the way to the playoffs, there are several teams that scare me but the Pats are not them 

Horse Pucky

Sure it’s been 20 years but some things don’t change. 

I was working on contract up in Andover during football 🏈 season 

went to the bars regularly wearing Bills gear. Never had a problem. 

Matter of fact,

I “met” two Pats Fans on the ESPN Chat boards and became friends for a couple of years in 2000. 

They actually had me go to their home one Sunday to watch a Bills game.
ALONE!  
Make myself at home. Great couple.

Too bad that our friendship faded over the years. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

On 6/8/2022 at 10:31 AM, julian said:

The entire Pats dynasty was in part due to the horrible division and lack of any other QB to challenge Brady… I doubt it feels hollow to most of that fan base

This is so true the afc east was terrible for those 20 years. 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Horse Pucky

Sure it’s been 20 years but some things don’t change. 

I was working on contract up in Andover during football 🏈 season 

went to the bars regularly wearing Bills gear. Never had a problem. 

Matter of fact,

I “met” two Pats Fans on the ESPN Chat boards and became friends for a couple of years in 2000. 

They actually had me go to their home one Sunday to watch a Bills game.
ALONE!  
Make myself at home. Great couple.

Too bad that our friendship faded over the years. 

I have been all over the country and watched Bills games in many different places and never had an issue, once even accidentally ended up at a Browns bar to watch the 9-6 game. Boston though has their 10% who are more nuts than normal fans, it is only city where my wife almost got into a fight after a Sox game because she was wearing a Sabres hat in 2005. Most Boston fans are fine but I don't worry about most people. 

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I have been all over the country and watched Bills games in many different places and never had an issue, once even accidentally ended up at a Browns bar to watch the 9-6 game. Boston though has their 10% who are more nuts than normal fans, it is only city where my wife almost got into a fight after a Sox game because she was wearing a Sabres hat in 2005. Most Boston fans are fine but I don't worry about most people. 

Andover is only 25 miles from Bean Town. 
maybe in the City is different 

Also I only follow football, so Sabers and Sox gear isn’t happening for me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.