Does this Pats fan make sense? 🤔 I HATE to admit I agree with him.

StHustle

The Pats are living rent free in OP's head.

Note to OP: you need to exorcise the Pats from your psyche. Then life will be the land of milk and honey.

I'm withholding a political analogy, for fear of being suspended again.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, StHustle said:

So late last night I was doing my daily YouTube check for some new good Bills content and came across a video entitled "Buffalo Bills As Irrelevant on the National Stage As They've Ever Been, And It's Their Own Fault"

Now usually I would blow past some nonsense click bait such as this, but I had a few drinks and felt like talking ***** to my TV so I played it. Wow did I end up unhappy. The guy made several valid points Im forced to agree with. I was taken back to my initial feelings when Tom left the Patriots, of how pissed I was he was really leaving with that record he has against us set in stone. I knew their was no way to get the record to respectable numbers at that point but was hoping to at least defeat him in a playoff game (or something!) before he went packing. I knew the Pats wouldn't be much without him and immediately felt like they were no longer who we needed to be concerned with. It boggled my mind how the Pats were still spoken about, not only in the media, but on TBD, as if Brady never left.

Think about it. How are we justified constantly talking bad about the Pats current status and gloating about our superiority after they just had an unprecedented divisional run not seen in any major league's sports history? Of course it wasn't going to last forever. Yes, we're glad we were the team to take over after their run ended but now we need to focus our attention to teams that actually have potential to stand in our way.

Oh and I hate how at the end he quotes random Bills fans' I'll advised twitter posts as if it reflect who Bills Mafia is. You can do that with fans of any team including the Pats of course.

In conclusion, I know we as a fanbase have mellowed out on the Pats hate talk as these past two post-Brady seasons have transpired but I still think we should be done with it completely. Pats did make the playoffs last year with a ROOKIE QB leading them all season, which has only happened to 12 teams in the Superbowl era (sidenote: it happened with 3 teams in 2012 alone which is a huge anomaly) and even in the last decade only one rookie QB starting most the season even has a winning record under his belt. So if anything, the Pats are better than I thought they'd be. Yes we dominate them now and I live it, but let's stop punching down.

this is utter nonsense.  First, the Bills are not irrelevant.  This is an erroneous title.   Second, the Pats often got the 1 seed due to a utterly weak AFC East.  They made the playoffs last year due to a solid D, running game and 2 good TE’s playing a weak AFC East and got crushed by us.  The Pats* and their fans suck.  

If I was a Pats*** fan, I’d be more concerned if my team could force the Bills to punt after going eight straight quarters of football without doing so. 

And while there is no denying we were Brady’s punching bag whenever he played us, he never did to us what Josh did to them in that playoff game, either. Only one team in league history has played a perfect offensive game and the Pats*** will always be the defense that gave it up. 

People have an enormous capacity to see reality and then skew it in their own minds so it means whatever they want it to mean.  Self awareness and the ability to appreciate reality for what it is is a rare commodity.  The New England Patriots were dominant in the division for a long time, coinciding with Tom Brady's tenure as QB.  We can imagine all we want what it might be like to face the Patriots now with the current Tom Brady still starting, but nobody can actually know what the result would be, Patriot fan or Bills fan.  What we do know is that last season, Buffalo was dominant against New England and New England's defense could not stop a Josh Allen led Bills offense.  There is no particular reason to think that this season will be a whole lot different.  The Bills are the current betting favorite to win the Super Bowl.  I sort of think that makes them relevant in the world of American football at least.  Meanwhile, Patriot fans are left with wondering what if.

19 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Why should we as Bills fans even care about what the Pats fans think.  

He is doing exactly what he accuses Bills fans of, "punching up" to the Pats.  He rambles on and on and on about how the Bills have a short window Von Miller esp and how  great the Pats were for so long, blah blah blah.

Sorry, it was a waste of time listening to him.

And his analogy of the Ravens versus Bills fans  is woefully flawed.  The Pats were in the AFCE and dominated the Bills, of course Raven fans aren't/weren't obsessed with the Pats.

Why would I ever have compassion for a crappy, self inflated ego group like Pats fans.  I’m so glad they’ve lost 4 of the last 5 meetings with the Bills including the playoffs, and the last two were an utter destruction of the Pats.  Living in Tampa for the 2nd half of my life I’ve mellowed on Brady as yes to all the ego stuff on him, but he is more of himself it seems down here where Arians allows his personality to come out.  He’s actually pretty nice the fans down here when they see him out.

It just reminds me the Pats were Brady, NOT Belichick.  Belichick is a great coach, but he is not god, and it shows in every game he didn’t have Brady now, and before.  I’m not punching down, but I look forward to seeing another two losses this year, and with any luck they finish 8-9 only able to beat teams with a losing record.  My hope is Belichick for the next 3 years holds on as HC and finishes with a losing record each year.  Basically an 8-9 team throughout.  Just good enough to not get a high draft pick, but never seeing the playoffs again.  Then he can just go away and his reputation as the whole chess vs. checkers, 🤮 goes away.  ESPN can do all their hit takes about how he was only good with Brady.

If I really want a fantasy, Brady takes the Bucs to the SB, and we beat them for our first SB win.  The Bucs are my second team, but never at the expense of my beloved Bills!

So I hope Pats fans keep talking as if they are relevant and trash talk the Bills.  Let them agonize the next three years and cement their reign if terror is over.   I care about the Chiefs, Bengals, Ravens, Browns maybe if Watson gets on the field, Titans, Chargers, and Broncos.  Beating these winning programs with the QB shift will be our measuring stick.  I mentioned to a guy in a sports bar recently spewing Pats rubbish and just said it took an act of God of 50 mph winds for you to have a chance at beating us the last two years and you even screwed that up in 2020, and we still won.

Screw the Pats.  Don’t go away mad, just go away!

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, StHustle said:

So late last night I was doing my daily YouTube check for some new good Bills content and came across a video entitled "Buffalo Bills As Irrelevant on the National Stage As They've Ever Been, And It's Their Own Fault"

Now usually I would blow past some nonsense click bait such as this, but I had a few drinks and felt like talking ***** to my TV so I played it. Wow did I end up unhappy. The guy made several valid points Im forced to agree with. I was taken back to my initial feelings when Tom left the Patriots, of how pissed I was he was really leaving with that record he has against us set in stone. I knew their was no way to get the record to respectable numbers at that point but was hoping to at least defeat him in a playoff game (or something!) before he went packing. I knew the Pats wouldn't be much without him and immediately felt like they were no longer who we needed to be concerned with. It boggled my mind how the Pats were still spoken about, not only in the media, but on TBD, as if Brady never left.

Think about it. How are we justified constantly talking bad about the Pats current status and gloating about our superiority after they just had an unprecedented divisional run not seen in any major league's sports history? Of course it wasn't going to last forever. Yes, we're glad we were the team to take over after their run ended but now we need to focus our attention to teams that actually have potential to stand in our way.

Oh and I hate how at the end he quotes random Bills fans' I'll advised twitter posts as if it reflect who Bills Mafia is. You can do that with fans of any team including the Pats of course.

In conclusion, I know we as a fanbase have mellowed out on the Pats hate talk as these past two post-Brady seasons have transpired but I still think we should be done with it completely. Pats did make the playoffs last year with a ROOKIE QB leading them all season, which has only happened to 12 teams in the Superbowl era (sidenote: it happened with 3 teams in 2012 alone which is a huge anomaly) and even in the last decade only one rookie QB starting most the season even has a winning record under his belt. So if anything, the Pats are better than I thought they'd be. Yes we dominate them now and I live it, but let's stop punching down.

Wait. You are saying the Buffalo Bills, many people’s favorite to win the SuperBowl this year, are “irrelevant on the national stage”, because of something a few fans said on Twitter? And you agree with this take?  Ummm, ok. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The Pats are has beens. Jones is average at best and Belichick is a terrible talent evaluator. Brady had much more to do with the Pats winning for 20 years than Belichick. 

Sal brought up a good point on this topic I think 1 or 2 weeks ago with Joe on the Extra Point Show.

As a talent evaluator and how he’s coaching meaning who he is picking up is like he’s stuck in the 80’s and early 90’s.  Strong defense, TE’s, strong running game and a accurate, but not special QB.  This how they coached in those decades.  The modern NFL requires guys like Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Wilson, Lamar even, Mahomes, Rogers, and yes Brady.  All of these teams start with a leg up.  The only one close to the way the Pats construct a team are the Titans.  It’s living in the past.

I don’t agree with everything Sal and Joe state, but they are on more than they are off.

• Agree 1

This is such a funny thread. The same group of people that are complaining someone called the Bills irrelevant are the same ones that complained the Bills did not get any love or attention from the media.

Not making the playoffs for 17 years while starting QBs like EJ, Trent, Orton, and Peterman pretty much is the definition of irrelevant.  

Having the best QB in the league makes you a SB favorite and media darling. 

• Like (+1) 1

so as fans we arent allowed to absolutely slander and smear a division foe after 20 years of them taking our lunch and laughing at us? I'll 100% take the LOW road here and enjoy every single freaking second of beating the tar out of them. I'll also be quite vocal about it the whole time..... and i can do all of this while still acknowledging our REAL season doesnt start until january.

• Like (+1) 3

Did the OP somehow miss the last two games against NE last season?

In particular that playoff game in which the Buffalo QB played a perfect game in beating those clowns 47-17. Josh Allen 21 of 25 for 308 yards passing, 5 TDs.

Many sites have the Patriots falling into irrelevance for 2022.  

https://www.nfl.com/news/bold-predictions-for-2022-nfl-season-pats-fall-into-irrelevance-derek-carr-leads

He lost his OC to the Raiders and his old DC will be calling the offensive plays...this might just be the cheaters last season as HC. 

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so as fans we arent allowed to absolutely slander and smear a division foe after 20 years of them taking our lunch and laughing at us? I'll 100% take the LOW road here and enjoy every single freaking second of beating the tar out of them. I'll also be quite vocal about it the whole time..... and i can do all of this while still acknowledging our REAL season doesnt start until january.

I mean, you'd have to be new to fandom to think that we wouldn't revel in owning the Pats now, after so long.  20 years of waiting, for precisely this situation. Where we can beat the snot out of them, and they can't do a thing about it.

I brought it up earlier, but 18 years after they buried their Yankees demons so dramatically, the Boston fanbase is STILL obsessed with NY.  Give me a break. No self-awareness on this video.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/8/2022 at 11:27 AM, FilthyBeast said:

Not going to lie, in some ways the Bills recent success (specifically back to back AFCE titles) does feel a bit hollow since we did this post Brady and in a watered down division as a whole.

And this is another criticism of McDermott (and JA17 to a certain degree) is that they were never able to beat the Pats with Brady as their QB. Yes winning 4 of the last 5 including a dominant win against them in the playoffs is great but we all know it's not the same Pats team that was dominating the conference and league the greater part of the previous two decades.

Who gives a ***** about the Pat's?  OH my God.  

19 hours ago, NewEra said:

@StHustleyou have to be better than this my man!  Cmon!!!  Rise up!!

Lol I feel like nobody understood what I was saying. This thread was targeted to the “ha ha look you guys suck now!” Crowd…I never agreed with any of the clickbait nonsense from his title. Thought I made that clear.m pretty certain 90% of these comments are coming from people who didn’t listen to the video at all.

IMO…Brady/Bills we’re the real rivalry. When do we still talk about this as much as we do? I get they are division opponents but to get all excited that their inevitable rebuild is finally here after a record run and our record drought…makes no sense. I’m still pissed Tom before we were finally good enough to take em out the playoffs. I get very little satisfaction from their current status..I mean they even made the playoffs with a rookie QB. I wanted them to experience a nice drought. I just feel we are so much better than them so why bother talking ***** about them so much. We haven’t even made it to a Super Bowl in almost 30 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.